insect ID. lightening bug-like insect, blue body orange head

dantx

This does not appear to be a pest as I can determine no direct damage but they flock to my outdoor plants. I use reem oil for pest control and it seems to work well. This critter is usually on the stems or stalk, not the leaves. Over the last two seasons this has been the only insect of note at the two different locations about 100 yards apart. Comments appreciated about any potential harm. This bug is about 1/2 inch long, blue body color with an orange head.

Hi dantx, First all welcome to :420:. I think it might help if you could post a picture of it see we can see, don't know if I'm able to help identify it but there are a lot of good people here that may be able to chime in. :welcome:

Thanks for the welcome dj1714 this is my second year of growing and last year went pretty well although I think I harvested a bit early. I'd be happy to post a pic but I'm not that good with computers. Being 70 I'm self taught so bear with me. This bug varies in color blue or dark brown on the part from neck to tail and orange or redish tan on the head. The side view of this winged insect shows a slight angle downward at the neck area so the critter is not flat. They would rather run than fly. 1/2 inch is about right for the length.

Back
Top Bottom