Help, I Think My 3-Week-Old Babies Are Dying

KappaBud

To try and help my outdoor plants take in more sun and get an extra hour or two each day, I surrounded them with mylar reflectors. Unfortunately, when I came home from work the next day, the wind had knocked one of the reflectors over on to the plants, causing them to not get sun that day. When I picked up the reflector the plants' leaves were all drooping downward and some had a mysterious dark rot on the leaves.

I was hoping that they would return to normal the next day... sadly, that hasn't been the case after not touching them. There's slightly less droopiness, but the black spots are spreading and the leaves are starting to look worse with the leaves drying up and cracking.

What should I do here to stop this from spreading and get these plants back to being healthy? I'm not sure if this is nutrient burn, light burn, wind burn, or some other issue where the plants are in shock and dying after the reflector was leaning on them

More Info On My Setup:
Ocean Forest soil, worm castings, little bit of perlite, and Big Bloom mixed into watering every 3 days or so when the soil begins to get dry.

Everything was going well with the soil's PH maintained around 7, so I followed the FF feeding schedule and started to mix in Grow Big at Week 3. Doing some more research, I noticed that my plants seemed to be a little behind, which I attribute to them only getting around 4-5 hours of direct sunlight a day... so I think I might have mixed in GB a little too soon... but I wouldn't think it should cause them this much harm.

It's almost certainly associated with the reflector lying on them. If so, they should recover. Be careful though - if you have strong sunlight, you don't want to burn your plants by intensifying it. Just let nature do the job.

At just 3 weeks, you may also be over-feeding. Less is always more.

How are they now?

Some photos would be useful.

Back
Top Bottom