Could use a little help please

totalnoob

I have some Humboldt seeds Green Crack that are 7 weeks old. they went from 3 gallons pots to 25 gallon fabric pots about a week ago. in the 3 gallon pots they were in Happy frog and ocean mix soil, and I was using General Organics Grow, and General Hydroponics Cal-mag. now in the 25 gal pots they're in a supersoil mix consisting of
6cf of peat
3cf of very well composted cow manure
1.5cf perlite
1.5cf earthworm casting
4 cups blood meal
8 cups bone meal
4 cups kelp meal
2 cups diatomaceous earth
4 cups alfalfa pellets
2 cups crab meal
3 cups ground oyster shell

I have 8 of 12 plants showing these symptoms.
opinions on what the issue is? thanks.
20170625_112052.jpg
20170625_112108.jpg
20170625_112123.jpg

I have some Humboldt seeds Green Crack that are 7 weeks old. they went from 3 gallons pots to 25 gallon fabric pots about a week ago. in the 3 gallon pots they were in Happy frog and ocean mix soil, and I was using General Organics Grow, and General Hydroponics Cal-mag. now in the 25 gal pots they're in a supersoil mix consisting of
6cf of peat
3cf of very well composted cow manure
1.5cf perlite
1.5cf earthworm casting
4 cups blood meal
8 cups bone meal
4 cups kelp meal
2 cups diatomaceous earth
4 cups alfalfa pellets
2 cups crab meal
3 cups ground oyster shell

I have 8 of 12 plants showing these symptoms.
opinions on what the issue is? thanks.
20170625_112052.jpg
20170625_112108.jpg
20170625_112123.jpg

How fresh is the manure you used? Looks like nutrient burn from Nitrogen to me but I may be wrong. If the manure is really fresh it's packed with nitrogen, maybe a little too much at times. I'd say maybe this is what's going on, high N.

manure was minimum 1 year old. no smell other than "earth", and it ph'ed at 6.4.

Then you aren't suffering a lockout issue if ph is 6.4. Is there any clawing to leaf tips and is the overall colour of the plant a darkish green? Lower and mid fan leaves particularly dark green? I'd say that it's a slight N toxicity but nothing major to worry about. I'm not sure how to fix it if the manure is the issue other than repotting the plant without manure added. It can be pretty brutal stuff cow manure especially when quite fresh. Hopefully some other growers will chip in with their 2 cents but I'd say cut down on the N feeding a bit with there being manure in already.

No clawing and the leaves are lighter than they were 2 weeks ago when plants were inside and being fertilized with GO grow nutes. I did have a minor N toxicity before they were uppotted to the fabric pots. Could it be a calmag issue?

It doesn't look like a mag or cal deficiency to me either. Unless it's early stages and I'm failing to recognise it. An all over paleness and golden look to the new growth could be sulphur or iron def. Another possibility is the big pot may be holding on to too much water and there's a slight lack of oxygen at the roots. To be honest the photo of the plant as a whole looks fine and like she's growing well so I don't think you have a major worry on your hands. If all else fails flush her with 3 times the pot size of ph'd water and then resume a light nutrient feeding schedule with a balanced NPK nutrient with micro nutrients and slowly work up the dosage till she's happy again. I genuinely don't think anything terminal is going on.

Back
Top Bottom