Hi all

NEPALI 420

My babies look like they have Oldman's disease....? Can anyone help. What is this and what is the cause? Mites, nutrients?
420-magazine-mobile915310311.jpg

Re: Hi all.

You might try a web search for "tobacco mosaic virus", I haven't seen it before only read that it can infect cannabis, imagine some pics out there of it for cannabis on the web to compare to as it affects quite a few different plants (tomatoes etc....).

My babies look like they have Oldman's disease....? Can anyone help. What is this and what is the cause? Mites, nutrients?

I'd get a good magnifier and inspect under some of those leaves. It looks like it could be mite damage but I'm not certain of it. They way the leaves are curled under and the whitish speckling resembles mite damage. I could be very wrong so get some more opinions but that screams mites to me that pic. Inspection of leaves will either confirm or deny this. Spider mites are easier to see than broad or russet mites but I'd get a good magnifier and inspect the leaves both top and bottom thoroughly.

You might try a web search for "tobacco mosaic virus", I haven't seen it before only read that it can infect cannabis, imagine some pics out there of it for cannabis on the web to compare to as it affects quite a few different plants (tomatoes etc....).
I don't think it's mosaic Dwight

OLDMAN'S disease? I resemble that remark young man!

By the way it does not look like mite damage to me, I would suspect DwightMonk may be onto something. I would guess a disease as opposed to an insect attack. Perhaps fungal in origin.

Not yet. I've been on the road and will be home tomorrow. I'll post then. I have had someone spray them with Pyrol for possible mites in the meantime.....

I found them !!!!!!
Little fuckers are so small !! Yip gents it's mites !!!!!
Could barely see them at x60 magnified.
What next ? Neem oil ?
Anybody ?

I found them !!!!!!
Little fuckers are so small !! Yip gents it's mites !!!!!
Could barely see them at x60 magnified.
What next ? Neem oil ?
Anybody ?
1-2 tbsp Neem oil with a few drops of soap(like dawn) in a spray bottle saturate them bitches on top and bottom of the leaves once a day for a week.( right when the lights come on so they dont burn at the heat of the day)

I thought I had mites awhile back and did this for a few days(per the advice of a 420 member and research) with no negative side effects to my plants. Turned out it wasn't mites, but it didn't hurt my girls at all.

If You DON'T use the neem oil you can get ladybugs, but you have to create a little nest for them in your tent and release them at lights off so they'll stay and build a home/make babies.

If you don't want to go the natural way there are pesticides you can try. It just depends how infested your plants are, what option you go with.

Good luck, and let us know what happens... hopefully someone who successfully got rid of mites can chime in with what worked for them.

I'd try neem oil, or a good miticide, or even an insecticidal soap. You might want to test it on one leaf overnight though. Sometimes the treatment can be worse. I've burnt leaves because the treatment was too strong, burning the leaves. So now, I test one leaf. If it's fine the next day, then I'll treat the plant. If not, I'll try something else.

I just found a few mites and I think thrills on my two girls. Plus a patch of powdery mildew on the lower stem. I have a spray that's mostly fish oil with sesame oil. Supposed to be miticide/insecticide/fungicide all in one.

And found another miticide that's made fro clove oil, neem, and another. I'm going to try both.

Back
Top Bottom