Please help - I have some type of bugs or mites

Mike10

Hello everyone first I'll give a background on what I got. Have about 13 plants going outside. half are about 9 weeks old the other half about 7weeks. All of them bought as clones.
About 1 week an half ago I started noticing black spots. Looked it up and thought spider mites? Got some sns 217 and sprayed my plants. Couple days later I did again. But I was kind of just spraying over top and quickly on the bottom of leaves. Today is still on there and some leaves have some brown spots and looks like some have bites. So I got some neem oil today and made a gallon of it with 2 tablespoons and put half in a spray bottle. This time i sprayed all on the bottom of the leaves and on top. Like they were dripping of it. Was this the right stuff to put on it. I don't really know what I have but read and went with neem oil.

Here are some pics of a couple of my leaves from different plants. Would like to know what it might be. And was neem oil the right stuff to put on. I sprayed it today around 7pm. When should I spray all of them again? And I still have half a gallon of the mix. Can I save it for the next spray or should I make a fresh batch when I spray? Thanks in advance!

20170712_200601.jpg
20170712_200546.jpg
20170712_200541.jpg
20170712_200536.jpg

Re: Please Help I have some type of bugs or mites

Don't treat it until you know exactly what it is it seems like by looking at it it may be a micro deficiency nothing major at all but if you research it in that you can find out what one it is and start treatment from there it's a little stressful on your plant that continue trying to treat it with different things with no results it can get pretty stressful

Forgot I started with G&B organic soil from local hardware store. When I transplanted them I bought pro mix hp and switched them to that about 1 week ago. The black spots had already started before the transplant. I also water them with ph levels around 6.1 to 6.4
Don't know if any of this info will help.

Don't treat it until you know exactly what it is it seems like by looking at it it may be a micro deficiency nothing major at all but if you research it in that you can find out what one it is and start treatment from there it's a little stressful on your plant that continue trying to treat it with different things with no results it can get pretty stressful

A micro deficiency? What is That? I will keep looking. Thank you. Yes I was also worried about stressing it by trying different things so finally came on here. Which I should have done 1 week ago.

I guess I didn't get the best pictures. The last one shows the most. I'll try get more pics tomorrow. But mainly black spots with those brown spots here and there and some leaves getting brighter.

It is very helpful which brings me to my next question I would like a list of all your fertilizers and anything else that you use inside your plants this will help me narrow down what it could and couldn't be if you can give me the pH of your water and the pH of your runoff this will also help

You hear about normal deficiencies like magnesium potassium calcium iron but there are deficiencies that are almost so rare that you never get them things like silica essential amino acids essential oil which makes this harder to diagnose because it's a lot rarer that people have it take some research to find it but given you really want to grow these plants you'll put in the research to find it and I will continue to look myself so I can make sure you get the right answer

Sorry it took me a bit. I am using fox farms grow big, tiger bloom, big bloom. I'm not using any other fertilizers but those. I water them with ph levels between 6.1 to 6.4 even with nutrients. I only water with nutrients once a week. And plain water in between. I do not test my runoff water. I do have a ppm meter to measure nutrients. But this started about a week an half. Sometimes I go to them and shake them and I can see little flies fly off. The little black spots seem like poop. But not sure. I have seen some spiders but some that I can see and take off.

Sorry it took me a bit. I am using fox farms grow big, tiger bloom, big bloom. I'm not using any other fertilizers but those. I water them with ph levels between 6.1 to 6.4 even with nutrients. I only water with nutrients once a week. And plain water in between. I do not test my runoff water. I do have a ppm meter to measure nutrients. But this started about a week an half. Sometimes I go to them and shake them and I can see little flies fly off. The little black spots seem like poop. But not sure. I have seen some spiders but some that I can see and take off.
Not sure what the big black spots are, but if you see tiny bugs moving then you have bugs, just as simple as that. Might need a flashlight and a magnifying glass to really get a good look. You want to know exactly what it is before treatment, but neem oil w/soap is a go to for most bugs, including aphids, thrips, whitefly, spidermites, etc.

Seems like you have everything you need as far as nutes go.. just curious.. what dosage are you using the big bloom? I'm currently using the trio and love it

Not sure what the big black spots are, but if you see tiny bugs moving then you have bugs, just as simple as that. Might need a flashlight and a magnifying glass to really get a good look. You want to know exactly what it is before treatment, but neem oil w/soap is a go to for most bugs, including aphids, thrips, whitefly, spidermites, etc.

Seems like you have everything you need as far as nutes go.. just curious.. what dosage are you using the big bloom? I'm currently using the trio and love it

Thanks for the reply. I was pretty sure it's bugs as well. Not all my leaves but a couple seem like have small bites. Neem oil with soap? How much soap. And since I sprayed them yesterday in the evening. When should I re spray?

I am currently using the trio as well. I'm still giving them veg mites which I am giving 1 tablespoon big bloom and 2 teaspoons of grow big. How about yourself.? Some of my plants seem like there loving it. Others seem brighter.

Thanks for the reply. I was pretty sure it's bugs as well. Not all my leaves but a couple seem like have small bites. Neem oil with soap? How much soap. And since I sprayed them yesterday in the evening. When should I re spray?

I am currently using the trio as well. I'm still giving them veg mites which I am giving 1 tablespoon big bloom and 2 teaspoons of grow big. How about yourself.? Some of my plants seem like there loving it. Others seem brighter.
I use about a tsp of neem with a few drops of soap in a 24 oz spray bottle. There's different recipes out there. I've also seen 1-2 tbsp neem, 1 tsp soap, 1 gallon of water.

I actually never used the grow big, the fox farm Ocean Forest had enough nitrogen to where I never saw a deficiency. I'm 21 days into flower using 1 1/4 tsp Tiger bloom, 2 tbsp Big Bloom, and 1 tbsp Molasses along with CalMag (reverse osmosis water).On the advice of growers from this site, I bumped the big bloom from 1tbsp to 2 tbsp and they loved it. Just an fyi.

I am dealing with aphids in my grow tent right now and am using ladybugs and neem oil to get rid of them. I have a journal you can look at too.

I use about a tsp of neem with a few drops of soap in a 24 oz spray bottle. There's different recipes out there. I've also seen 1-2 tbsp neem, 1 tsp soap, 1 gallon of water.

I actually never used the grow big, the fox farm Ocean Forest had enough nitrogen to where I never saw a deficiency. I'm 21 days into flower using 1 1/4 tsp Tiger bloom, 2 tbsp Big Bloom, and 1 tbsp Molasses along with CalMag (reverse osmosis water).On the advice of growers from this site, I bumped the big bloom from 1tbsp to 2 tbsp and they loved it. Just an fyi.

I am dealing with aphids in my grow tent right now and am using ladybugs and neem oil to get rid of them. I have a journal you can look at too.

I will try with soap my next spray. When should I spray them again. I don't know if I posted this in the beginning but the plants with the problem are outdoor.

I also have a grow going in a tent in my room. I have a journal as well check it out. I'll take a look at yours. We are not far off. I'm on day 17 of flower. I was using a chart I found on this website. I might give that a try my next feeding. What is molasses? What is it For? And cal mag? I need to do some research lol.
I saw some ants in my tent. Need to go get something to get rid of them.

I will try with soap my next spray. When should I spray them again. I don't know if I posted this in the beginning but the plants with the problem are outdoor.

I also have a grow going in a tent in my room. I have a journal as well check it out. I'll take a look at yours. We are not far off. I'm on day 17 of flower. I was using a chart I found on this website. I might give that a try my next feeding. What is molasses? What is it For? And cal mag? I need to do some research lol.
I saw some ants in my tent. Need to go get something to get rid of them.
You would spray every other day for a week right before lights off or right as the lights come on. Since you're in dlower, try not to spray the buds or they'll taste like neem. But I'm sure You d rather have buds that taste a little funky than lose an entire crop.

Molasses feeds the microbes in your soil--- (if youre not in soil you dont need it) very beneficial during flower- make sure you get Unsulphered Blackstrap Molasses, organic if possible

Cal mag is a calcium, magnesium, iron supplement, which is required if you use reverse osmosis water. I've also heard LED grows need extra cal mag. If you're using hard water you might not need it.

Also, ants are a major sign you "might" have aphids. They consider aphid poop to be the perfect food.. so you might look into that.

You would spray every other day for a week right before lights off or right as the lights come on. Since you're in dlower, try not to spray the buds or they'll taste like neem. But I'm sure You d rather have buds that taste a little funky than lose an entire crop.

Molasses feeds the microbes in your soil--- (if youre not in soil you dont need it) very beneficial during flower- make sure you get Unsulphered Blackstrap Molasses, organic if possible

Cal mag is a calcium, magnesium, iron supplement, which is required if you use reverse osmosis water. I've also heard LED grows need extra cal mag. If you're using hard water you might not need it.

Also, ants are a major sign you "might" have aphids. They consider aphid poop to be the perfect food.. so you might look into that.

The plants that I am using neem oil are growing outdoors.
Still in veg.
The plants that I saw ants on are indoors in a tent. Those are in flower. It's just 2 of them. I will be buying some ladybugs and put them in there.

Will also look into molasses.i am growing in soil. How long you been growing. Seem to know alot of good info.

The plants that I am using neem oil are growing outdoors.
Still in veg.
The plants that I saw ants on are indoors in a tent. Those are in flower. It's just 2 of them. I will be buying some ladybugs and put them in there.

Will also look into molasses.i am growing in soil. How long you been growing. Seem to know alot of good info.
Sounds like you got it covered... a lot of info and no experience haha I'm on my first grow, but a lot of the info I gave you is what others advised me to do and what I found from research. Always double check the advice given on here with your own research

Another tip, if you create a home with water in your tent for the ladybugs and release them at night time they'll stay and make babies. Hope that helps! Good luck and let us know what happens

Back
Top Bottom