Plant problems

Emiracle013

420 Member
Hey guys I'm a first time grower and my plants aren't looking to happy. Two of my plants grew in with curly deformed leaves, the rest of them are turning yellow with brown tips that point straight up. I have 7 plants, im growing with a 450 w led light, miracle grow potting soil (didn't realize til after I planted that it wasn't a good idea) and I've been ph-ing the water, temp is 75 with 66% humidity. What am I doing wrong here? I've researched so much but it could be a number of things

20170714_203155_1_.jpg
20170714_203150.jpg
20170714_203143_1_.jpg
20170714_203130_1_.jpg
20170714_203112.jpg

Hey guys I'm a first time grower and my plants aren't looking to happy. Two of my plants grew in with curly deformed leaves, the rest of them are turning yellow with brown tips that point straight up. I have 7 plants, im growing with a 450 w led light, miracle grow potting soil (didn't realize til after I planted that it wasn't a good idea) and I've been ph-ing the water, temp is 75 with 66% humidity. What am I doing wrong here? I've researched so much but it could be a number of things

20170714_203155_1_.jpg
20170714_203150.jpg
20170714_203143_1_.jpg
20170714_203130_1_.jpg
20170714_203112.jpg
hate to say it but yeah MG will continue to nuke that plant with hot fertilizer for a long time...get some decent soil and transplant those or your gonna fight the whole way and be real sad at the end... that brown tip burning and the plant aiming it's leaves up is a classic sign of overfeed. even though your only giving it water...MG has chemicals that time release. Out of many soils ..it's the worst. your real problem is that. and even though transplanting does stress the plant ...it's better than slowly torturing it in hot soil...I would give other advice BUT that would make it seem like it's OK and you won't have problems...I've seen it too many times. not many great yields or success stories. using any MG products really.
transplant ..then we can go from there.

good luck.

GFP

Okay thanks guys I figured it was the soil I just wanted to make sure before I went about transplanting them. What kind of soil would you guys recommend?

Grab a brick or two of coco coir, rehydrate with water ph'd to 6.0 and transplant . how close is that 450w light? Anything closer than 2ft could stress them at that stage

Dude that plant looks like gold ...nice white roots healthy green leaves AND becoming a nice bonsai...nice work

GFP
I am moving it to five gallon today possibly supercropping or lst if I get off my ass . :/ I'm also running calls this weekend doing HVAC so I dont feel like doing crap but relaxing when I get out of a attic . I notice my roots up at hydro ton is a little stained im assuming its normal . but today I'm hitting her with 1000 ppm if I can get back from town soon . but for real I got a older big fan leave with edges rolling up but the tips don't claw or nothing they looks really good . I'm thinking I may be a little close to the led

Okay thanks guys I figured it was the soil I just wanted to make sure before I went about transplanting them. What kind of soil would you guys recommend?
depends ...alot of ppl grow in coco coir which is considered hydroponic due to not having any soil. so it's treated with hydro rules. if you want to stay in soil...happy frog works ...(ppl do complain about mag def. eventually in happy frog) but that can be corrected easily with Cal mag.) fox farm has decent soil but not for seedlings or younglings ... I dunno..best bet is to go to your local hydro store and ask what they have available ...then check back to the forums. good luck ..and get that miracle chemicals as far away from those plants as you can...

GFP

I am moving it to five gallon today possibly supercropping or lst if I get off my ass . :/ I'm also running calls this weekend doing HVAC so I dont feel like doing crap but relaxing when I get out of a attic . I notice my roots up at hydro ton is a little stained im assuming its normal . but today I'm hitting her with 1000 ppm if I can get back from town soon . but for real I got a older big fan leave with edges rolling up but the tips don't claw or nothing they looks really good . I'm thinking I may be a little close to the led
I super crop and LST! WHAT medium is going to be in the 5 gallon bucket?

I super crop and LST! WHAT medium is going to be in the 5 gallon bucket?
I have it currently in a 1x1 roclwool cube I currently stripped back a little smaller for more root penetration and water issues and the rest is hydroton in a 3 inch net pot. I kinda need to supercrop first because stem is so short and because I fimed it like week and half ago its short and lots of growth between nodes i know I can super crop this little thing and LST the rest pretty easy

Hey guys, thanks again for the advice my plants look so much happier I transplanted them like 5 days ago and they've grown quite a bit. I do have another couple questions if you guys don't mind and any other advice you can give. But it seems that the new growth is still getting yellow tips, maybe because its only been a few days since we've transplanted I'm not sure. And can we start pruning the dead leaves this young?

20170720_160303.jpg

20170720_160259.jpg

20170720_160236.jpg

Back
Top Bottom