Heat stress?

Pistol03

Hi guys. When checking my plants yesterday I noticed that my leaves were curling on the tips of one plant and the leaves look waxy.. could this be heat stress? The room temp sits between 75 and 80f but I think the plant does still suffer from a heat spot.. sorry about the picture quality. I'm hoping it's not mites. Waiting for 60x magnifying glass.
420-magazine-mobile2082479706.jpg

Yes the curling on the leaves with them curling up like that is them trying to cool their self it may say 70 to 80 degrees in there what is just like when they do our weather they have a real feel temperature where they are sitting may feel to them hotter than what it really is sometimes you can find hotspots in your tent

Yes the curling on the leaves with them curling up like that is them trying to cool their self it may say 70 to 80 degrees in there what is just like when they do our weather they have a real feel temperature where they are sitting may feel to them hotter than what it really is sometimes you can find hotspots in your tent

I thought it might be.. it was directly under my light at one stage so moved it to the side of the tent and stuck another fan going over the top of them.. I was reading about broad mites and they give similar signs. Cheers pal

If you can I would put the fan at the bottom where the pots are this will allow you to circulate the cool air that is uncirculated underneath the canopy this will also help cool the area but it is just a suggestion

If you can I would put the fan at the bottom where the pots are this will allow you to circulate the cool air that is uncirculated underneath the canopy this will also help cool the area but it is just a suggestion

Yeh I have a fan already for the bottom. I got a clip on fan not far away from the one struggling, trying to blow the heat back.

As I tell people all the time if you don't have a microscope use your camera on your phone and zoom in as close as you can it's a lot better than your eyes are going to be able to do this will allow you to be able to check for past and other thing like cracking of the leaves and anything else nutrient deficiency funguses

one way to tell if it was heat is cool the leaves with cold ph'd water a minute after the lights go out then...a minute after the lights go on the next day...go in there wait till the timer kicks on and observe the leaves...if this "chirping" effect went down ..it was trying to cool itself and the issue is environment....if not...proceed with russet mite investigation....as they can make a plant look like alot of things ...making the grower go crazy ...YouTube to find what they look like and where they hang out.....and keep in mind 10 russet mites can hitch a ride on the back of a spider mite they are so small. tough even with a microscope.....spidermites on the other hand you can see with the naked eye..

good luck keep us posted.

As I tell people all the time if you don't have a microscope use your camera on your phone and zoom in as close as you can it's a lot better than your eyes are going to be able to do this will allow you to be able to check for past and other thing like cracking of the leaves and anything else nutrient deficiency funguses

Iv got a x30 I use to check the thc but haven't spotted anything under that and iv got good eye sight.. people saying you won't see unless it's x60 for broad mites? Like I said, I couldn't see anything under the x30 and I thought I would of?

Iv got a x30 I use to check the thc but haven't spotted anything under that and iv got good eye sight.. people saying you won't see unless it's x60 for broad mites? Like I said, I couldn't see anything under the x30 and I thought I would of?

Could a nutrient deficiency cause anything to look like that?

they are really hard to see and I have a 30x that doesn't cut it...I also have a 120x that does ...but even then it takes a minute to find them ...

GFP

Iv managed to check a few leaves and no sign of any mites? Do I need to check all of them or would I of seen at least one?. I will check again when iv got some sleep lol.

So I checked for mites earlier and couldn't see any.. I'm gonna rule them out for now.. The other thing I thought it could be is root rot but I can't see them because I have them in sacks..
Also I thought it mite be the additive iv been using for the past couple of waterings?. I'm going to flush them with canna flush and see if anything improves. The plants aren't dropping and fairly healthy apart from this leaf curl.
420-magazine-mobile1634439690.jpg

This is what's iv been using for the past couple of waterings.
420-magazine-mobile272943512.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2038972716.jpg

Back
Top Bottom