Twisting and ripping leaves?

Jaybull

Hey guys, totally new grower here.

Currently growing a single plant that was given to me last Thursday (13th July) from a friend of a friend that simply didn't have the space for it.

Since then I picked up some bonemeal as it's leaves were yellowing at the bottom and have been using natural sunlight in my conservatory to grow it, watering it every other day.

It seems to be a sativa plant looking at its leaves, possible hybrid? No idea.

Anyway the issue is, today I noticed strange twisted leaves from newish growth.

Pics here, no idea what's happening here - any ideas or advice?

IMG_091846.jpg
IMG_091941.jpg
IMG_092036.jpg
IMG_092135.jpg
IMG_092238.jpg

So here is my thoughts.

1 top it. this forces energy out and down
2 looks like from the 4th or 5th node down (lets see the full node count in a pic first) get rid of that growth. typically when i do this i cut the branches off leaving around 1/2 inch still attached to the plant. this help if you get a infection. later on this peice will dry out and you can easily remove it. this forces energy up.
3 get a 7 gal pot and some fox farm happyfrog and fox farm ocean and a bag of perlite

this should be more then enough to get you to flowering. you are close to being root bound and you need to transplant very soon, if possible do it today. total cost for upgrades less then 50 bucks

some thoughts for you to consider.

when the seed germs, it has the main root "the tap root" this root "CAN" grow like 10 inches in the first week. The pot your girl is in is coned towards the bottom. meaning the tap root might be spiraled by now, this isnt the optimal position for this plant. id assume it has been in that pot the whole time and that it is around 2 months old.

this plant needs to grow outward now. and needs a bigger home. once you handle those issues you might want to consider some LST light stress training this is another great and proven method to increase growth and yield

It was in a much smaller pot, I only just repotted it about 5 days ago.

I did search for topping tutorials, seems risky lol. Chance the plant can die? However I'm open to attempting.

Its estimated to be about 7-8 weeks old, current height is 25 inches or 2 foot 1 inch tall.

When I recieved it last week it wasnt even 24 inches/2 foot.

Back
Top Bottom