Issue with curled leaves

KaIGrow

420 Member
Hi everyone, I'm glad to meet you, I'm new to the forum and I'm on the second cultivation experience. I'm worried about a couple of curled leaves.
The color of the leaves is correct, they are just a bit curled.
The plant in question coexists with other 5 germs the same day (21 days ago), but this is the most advanced (mature).

Only this plant has the "issue", the other 5 no, I attach the photos.

Do I have to worry or is it just anxiety?

Thanks for attention

:Namaste:

Strain - Cheese Autoflower
# of Plants - 3 (6 in the grow)
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Setup - Pot
Light - 200 Watt LED
Nutrients - BAC
Medium - Lightmix
PH - 5.5
RH - 80% to 90%
Room Temperature -78 to 86
Solution Temperature -77
Room Square Footage - 10
Pests - None Known

Have you got any pictures that weren't taken under color-detail-robbing highly annoying blurple light? If not, try adjusting your camera device's white-balance until you end up with something that looks at least vaguely normal.

In general... Some strains are known for mangled-looking leaf growth in the beginning. Blueberry seems to be the most commonly known example of this. Other strains have "weird" leaf structure for much of their life cycle. Dutch Passion's Frisian Duck would be a good example of that. Nutrient deficiencies might cause odd-looking leaf growth, and toxicities certainly will (for example, too much nitrogen will cause leaves to become overly green and to "taco" ).

BtW, KalGrow, welcome to 420Magazine.com!

Thank you so much for your attention!
I'll try with a natural light (but with flash), I switched of the led and used the camera flash, because inside the grow is dark.

test_c.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/1398553

:thanks:

Welcome!

200wat LED the coverage might be small for 6 plants,

P.H should be configured to 6.5 instead (best way for plant to get everything from NPK in nutrients)

How often do you water? It looks to me like the roots might be getting to much water and not enough air to search for new space. I'm new though so some of the other information looks off too like the humidity shouldn't be %90 unless they are clones even then that's high keep RH %50-%60 and don't drench em, like TorturedSoul said nute deficiencies, toxicities can cause weird growth, and I'll add over and under watering that will hurt.

Also how far away are your lights?

2.5 (') feet for LEDs work best!

It looks to me like the roots might be getting to much water

I agree that the leaves look like maybe her roots are too wet--just a little, not too bad. Cannabis no like da wet feet! as someone told me I when I was drowning my plant. ;)

Other than that, they look pretty darned healthy to me! I think you're doing OK!

I didn't water too much, 3 liters on 6 plants every 3 days (at this stage of grow) I appreciate your advice.
Thank you very much and I let you know about progress!

Thanks again!

About LED distance, it's between 2 and 2.1 feet but I accept your advice and I'll try to move up.

Thank you!

I didn't water too much, 3 liters on 6 plants every 3 days

So the next time you water the soil is dry a knuckle deep then?

Looking at your photo again, I think that I can definitely see hooking in some of the leaves, which makes me think too much nitrogen. If you haven't started fertilizing yet, it's just hot soil. But if you are, you might want to back off on the N. Are the leaves deep green? They should be if too much N, but in the photo they look OK.

In any case, if there is a problem, it's not a bad one. :)

From my little experience, but dealing with Nitrogen toxicity recently, I'd say it's that.. tips seem curled more than the rest of leaf and stems seem healthy and not droopy.

Wait for soil to dry out maybe? (At least 2 knuckles deep completely dry) If it was overwatered, that would help on its own, if not when they're dry flush with 3x pot size pH water.

Maybe even get yourself a pH tester for soil. I have one for for $8 that tests both moisture and pH for soil

Edit: I also noticed some green growing on the top of your medium? Is this moss/mould? Could spread to your roots

Maybe even get yourself a pH tester for soil. I have one for for $8 that tests both moisture and pH for soil

No disrespect, JG, but chuck that $8 tester in the bin! For pH testing it is worse than worthless (as you will see if you read around here). A good pH meter is a serious instrument with a delicate glass bulb sensor that must be calibrated and carefully maintained. Fortunately, a serviceable pH pen can be had now for less than $30 US (plus calibration solution). Even pH test drops for aquariums from the pet store are a much better choice!

No disrespect, JG, but chuck that $8 tester in the bin! For pH testing it is worse than worthless (as you will see if you read around here). A good pH meter is a serious instrument with a delicate glass bulb sensor that must be calibrated and carefully maintained. Fortunately, a serviceable pH pen can be had now for less than $30 US (plus calibration solution). Even pH test drops for aquariums from the pet store are a much better choice!
Good to know, thanks. I'm a new grower and by no means a gardener or have much knowledge about pH testing.

Will look into getting myself a decent pH test down the line

Edit: with that being said though, I suspected nitrogen toxicity in my plants, used this cheap pH tester and it gave me a reading of 5.2 I believe it was (generally not a good range for soil especially not during flowering as far as I've read)

Without it I wouldn't have known.. I don't grow with nutrients or anything, pretty low budget grow on my side. After flushing pH went up and is reading 6.5

It might not be extremely accurate or by any means the most appropriate tool to use, but it helped me I guess

Hi and thank you Scientific. Yes I already began to feed them, but at the moment I can precisely say you how much I gave them.
8 ml of BAC Organic Grow, divided for 6 plants, in 14 days. Since today I stop humidify the growbox, I loved that Thai atmosphere but it was too much. For the next days I plan to give water in odd days because the soil is very wet and no more directly by the pot but by filling flowerpot dishes.

The pots are filled with a lightmix soil for 70% and a 30% of clay pebbles.

I hope to fix it soon.

To manage the PH, at the moment, I'm using a homemade method, no acid, but adding CO2 directly to the water (from the house - domestic - tap) by getting about -1 on the original PH. Measurements are carried out with litmus test and verified by a liquid, in short, with colors, but I will get soon a more serious test, even for the soil.

Thanks for attention.

To manage the PH, at the moment, I'm using a homemade method, no acid, but adding CO2 directly to the water (from the house - domestic - tap) by getting about -1 on the original PH. Measurements are carried out with litmus test and verified by a liquid, in short, with colors, but I will get soon a more serious test, even for the soil.

Thanks for attention.

That seems clever and inventive, but I think your pH is going to revert pretty quickly at the CO2 off-gasses. You really need at least vinegar, which is easy to find, and ideally phosphoric acid (e.g. pH Down), which lowers pH and supplies the nutrient phosphorous.

I'm not against acids, that's what I thought that I had found a brilliant solution :)
From the next watering I will use a PH- my home water has a very high PH, higher than 7.
Thanks again, I want to improve myself, my stile, my knowledge, so I follow your precious advice, but I'd like to say that I used the CO2 system for a whole cycle of cultivation, which gave good results, for being the first attempt. Anyway, I prefer the scientific approach, so if essential, or better, I will handle the PH as it should.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom