First grow - Do I have a hermaphrodite?

nothing235

I'm doing an outdoor white widow feminized grow. I think they started about flowering about a week ago. The one that is furthest along is pictured here. I am seeing both pistils and small round things that look flowers or maybe male pollen sacks. Can anyone tell me if I likely have a hermaphrodite?

Thanks!

unknown_-_Copy.jpg
unknown2_-_Copy.jpg

I live in CA, outdoor cultivation just became legal here this year so I suspect there are a lot of outdoor growers. Maybe I'll try a greenhouse next time. Thanks!

There are a ton of pistils so it can't be just a male (plus it only had female preflowers a month ago.) Unfortunately I don't know the exact origin/genetics of the seeds as they were a gift from a stranger and I only know they are feminized because all 16 plants that I sprouted from seed showed female preflowers... and the odds of that happening with non-fem seeds is approx 1/65536.

I'm doing an outdoor white widow feminized grow. I think they started about flowering about a week ago. The one that is furthest along is pictured here. I am seeing both pistils and small round things that look flowers or maybe male pollen sacks. Can anyone tell me if I likely have a hermaphrodite?

Thanks!

unknown_-_Copy.jpg
unknown2_-_Copy.jpg
That is indeed a hermie. Chop her down, so as to not pollinate everyone else's.

The thing about feminised seeds is, they are actually more prone to go hermie. A breeders experience and quality will take that chance down, but unfortunately the slightest bit of stress or just just shit luck, and you can end up with hermie.

I'd talk to the person that got you the seeds, let them know it went hermie. They should take care of you, and you're giving them valuable feedback on their seeds

Idk how true it is but I've heard that a hermie had a strongchance of paint on the hermie trait so you would probably wouldn't end up with feminized seeds
You would have seeds that carry a higher probability of being female. (Also with higher chances of becoming hermie)
Generally, every feminized seed has a higher probability of going hermie, than it's non-feminized counterparts.

Idk how true it is but I've heard that a hermie had a strongchance of paint on the hermie trait so you would probably wouldn't end up with feminized seeds

Hi Ace. Just wanted to chime in and say when I grew my first feminized WW seeds inside in hydro about 12 years ago, I just couldn't help but to show them to few great friends about the 5th week of flower. It was lights out a few times and I think this made them hermie on the very lower of the plant. When the wifey and I trimmed we found the seeds and made 4 more grows with them and they were all female. the last one of these grows we stressed them on purpose to see if we could get some more seeds and behold we did again, those also all turned out to be female. Maybe I just got lucky IDK. Just wanted to share the experience that happened to me.;)

Hi Ace. Just wanted to chime in and say when I grew my first feminized WW seeds inside in hydro about 12 years ago, I just couldn't help but to show them to few great friends about the 5th week of flower. It was lights out a few times and I think this made them hermie on the very lower of the plant. When the wifey and I trimmed we found the seeds and made 4 more grows with them and they were all female. the last one of these grows we stressed them on purpose to see if we could get some more seeds and behold we did again, those also all turned out to be female. Maybe I just got lucky IDK. Just wanted to share the experience that happened to me.;)
Thanks for sharing your experience, personally i think thats worth exploring. Im not an experienced grower at all, most of my knowledge comes from what ive read from more experienced people but i hope to start my second crop coming up and they will be autofems and it wouls be nice to just buy seeds once, i think ill be experimenting with them to see if i come up with the same results that you did

....i think ill be experimenting with them to see if i come up with the same results that you did

If you plan on letting that thing blow it's load, you need to take it indoors.
If you don't, you will be destroying others crops. And possibly keeping medicine from those that need it.

Be responsible if you plan on doing this. As an inexperienced grower, you should listen to the experienced.
Have fun, but not at other people's expense

Not recommended brother and I have been growing a long time (early 90s). Seeds from an actual hermaphrodite are going to produce hermaphrodites.

You have multiple clusters of male pods. Not just a single here or there or a nanner that many females produce late in flower. Do yourself a favor and toss that plant and seeds. It's not worth the time and electricity to do anything else unless you love seeded buds.

Dj1714 had light stressed seeds that threw a few male flowers. What you have there will produce hundreds of seeds. All hermaphroditic.

If you plan on letting that thing blow it's load, you need to take it indoors.
If you don't, you will be destroying others crops. And possibly keeping medicine from those that need it.

Be responsible if you plan on doing this. As an inexperienced grower, you should listen to the experienced.
Have fun, but not at other people's expense
Oh definitely, listening to those with more experience is how you learn, luckily enough I'm planning on this being an indoor grow and only one plant at a time so i shouldn't have to worry about other plant, mine or anybody else's

Not recommended brother and I have been growing a long time (early 90s). Seeds from an actual hermaphrodite are going to produce hermaphrodites.

You have multiple clusters of male pods. Not just a single here or there or a nanner that many females produce late in flower. Do yourself a favor and toss that plant and seeds. It's not worth the time and electricity to do anything else unless you love seeded buds.

Dj1714 had light stressed seeds that threw a few male flowers. What you have there will produce hundreds of seeds. All hermaphroditic.
So, just making sure I'm reading this right, even if the male flowers are triggered by stress you will still get hermies from the seeds? And you will still get a full bush of seeds even if you go through the hassle of keeping the male flowers limited in their numbers?

Shiggity makes a good point about how mine were not full blown like yours and I have not had one that hermie to the extreme that you have now, Just stating what I had happened to me. But if these guys have experienced what you are having then I would definetly take their advice. If you want to try a few by their selves inside away from others (and yours ) it's really up to you.

Back
Top Bottom