Help! Nitrogen Deficiency?

n00bgrower94

Hey there everyone, these are feminized seeds of Easy-E. They were thriving for the longest while until the 4th week of Veg. The bottom leaves are turning yellow. Growth has been stunted. The Stems of the leaves are turning red. The leaves are also drooping. I thought it might be Nitrogen deficiency but I want to be 100% sure. What can I do to remedy this? So far I increased the amount of nutes in the water. I use FloraGro 3-1-6 (N-P-K). I use around 6-8ml per gallon of water. I had skipped giving them nutes for 1 week due to the fact that some leaf tips were showing signs of nute burn or what I assumed to be nute burn. I am now wondering if it was just Nitrogen deficiency from the start and I only aggravated it by not giving them nutes that last week. Also I simply hand water these plants and just add the FloraGro into the watering jug. Is that alright?

IMG_090233.JPG
IMG_089936.JPG
IMG_089837.JPG

Indoor/Soil Grow

Strain - Easy-E
# of Plants - 3
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative (4th Week)
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - (1 600w LED)
Nutrients - FloraGro
Medium - Universele Potgrond (Indoor Potting Soil) Mixed with some Peat Moss
PPM - unknown
PH - 6.0-6.5
RH - 40-50%
Room Temperature -78 to 84
Grow Box Dimensions - 48" x 24" x 60" (L x W x H)
Pests - None Known

I would also say it needs cal-mag. I see someone is saying there is no such thing as a cal-mag deficiency, but it sure helped on my plants

To elaborate, calcium and magnesium are two different things and are taken up at different ends of the ph range. Too much of either one will lock out the other. So for a calcium def, you would need calmag. And for a mag def, you'd use the same thing. But more often than not, any calcium or magnesium deficiencies are usually due to ph lockout of some kind whether it be too much of one locking out the other, or keeping the ph in one side, either higher or lower, for too long. It's one of the most common issues that newer growers and experienced growers experience. It is said that leds drive the calcium requirements up, so calmag is recommended for any plant, especially if under high intensity led lighting.

It looks like that plant isn't taking up magnesium. Please tell us more about your soil and have you been ph adjusting your water? It seems like such a mundane thing, but ph needs to be taken seriously because it will make or break your Grow so it's actually very important.

To elaborate, calcium and magnesium are two different things and are taken up at different ends of the ph range. Too much of either one will lock out the other. So for a calcium def, you would need calmag. And for a mag def, you'd use the same thing. But more often than not, any calcium or magnesium deficiencies are usually due to ph lockout of some kind whether it be too much of one locking out the other, or keeping the ph in one side, either higher or lower, for too long. It's one of the most common issues that newer growers and experienced growers experience. It is said that leds drive the calcium requirements up, so calmag is recommended for any plant, especially if under high intensity led lighting.

It looks like that plant isn't taking up magnesium. Please tell us more about your soil and have you been ph adjusting your water? It seems like such a mundane thing, but ph needs to be taken seriously because it will make or break your Grow so it's actually very important.

Thanks for the feedback. I am using Canna pro plus. I have been using bottled spring water and ph water at 6.5
Is that right?
I bet my medium is to strong for small seeds aswell as what ever else is going on. I started them in straight canna pro plus, then moved them into another pot with way more perlite. Then re potted them again with less perlite.
Also I started them to far away from light which was about 40 inches.
Now they are at 16-18 inches away from 600hsp light.
When I feed them I flooded them and now I have heard this is a bad thing to do.
I'm running low with ideas. Do I change the soil? Is there any chance in them recovering?
Any ideas will help seriously ✌️

Soil is best phd between 6.5-7.5 hydro is 5.8-6.5 so try and keep it in range for soil uptake. I'd flush with 7.0 until runoff is in range and then give her a dry spell so the roots grow in search of water. You'll want to up-pot soon also so she does t become root-bound .

Soil is best phd between 6.5-7.5 hydro is 5.8-6.5 so try and keep it in range for soil uptake. I'd flush with 7.0 until runoff is in range and then give her a dry spell so the roots grow in search of water. You'll want to up-pot soon also so she does t become root-bound .

Thanks heaps! I have now flushed them all and will let them sit for a few days before watering again.
How many days should I give it to start seeing some recovery? ✌️

I definitely need help flushed 3 days ago with ph6.5 stunted growth she is got light green leaves and burnt tips starting from the bottom any help would be greatly appreciated
8433d22d-7816-499e-8a96-e37f442d1cae.jpg

Back
Top Bottom