Does this look familiar to anyone?

flytier

Hi everybody. I just repotted my hash plant and I noticed some heavy discoloration on the leaves. I'm not sure how long it's been like this because it's kept on a shelf in my growspace that's about eye level, and from that angle all I could see were the leaves edge-on and this wasn't noticeable. Last week when I did a FIM on it it looked ok.

I'm not in a panic about it because I have more plants in the growroom that are budding plus a load more outdoors, but it would be nice to know for any potential future problems.

DSCI1247a.jpg
DSCI1249a.jpg
DSCI1248a.jpg

Hmm.
Im just finishing my first grow so I only have book knowledge for most things.
Normally wouldn't even post yet but I see something that might be helpful?
Looking at the first photos looks like a deficiency of some kind until the last photo it looks like tracks from a feeding leaf eater if you zoom in.

Just to be sure, I would dig around a bit with a magnifier. Hope this helps!

Hmm.
Im just finishing my first grow so I only have book knowledge for most things.
Normally wouldn't even post yet but I see something that might be helpful?
Looking at the first photos looks like a deficiency of some kind until the last photo it looks like tracks from a feeding leaf eater if you zoom in.

Just to be sure, I would dig around a bit with a magnifier. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Any information is a help because it may get me looking in a direction I haven't looked yet. I don't see any signs of a parasite, and the plants around it aren't affected, so I'd be more likely to call it a deficiency of some sort. I don't recall if the soil has a different mix than the other plants. I did have a huge nitrogen deficiency with a couple plants earlier the summer when I transplanted them into soil when I had no fish compost (I work at a salmon hatchery and we make our own), but this isn't a nitrogen problem. I looked around for pics of deficiencies, but I didn't find any that looked exactly like this.

I'm kind of hoping that the new soil that it's in will help. I still don't have it in fish compost because the last stuff I brought home had some fish feed in it that wasn't decomposed and it's now full of flies and maggots so I have to wait to use it. I had to use blood meal for the nitrogen and I'm not really sure of the amount to put in. Trial and error - an excellent teacher!

Hey Everyone. I saw never saw any mites or anything. But if that were the case all the plants would have had it. Since I repotted it there has been new growth coming out and so far it looks pretty good.

I had an issue earlier the year when I planted and transplanted into a few pots without the fish compost I usually use and those plants had nutrient deficiencies. It's possible that they with that group; I just thought these particular ones were done using the compost. Who knows?

I'll see how she looks over the next few days and see how things go.

Hey Everyone. I saw never saw any mites or anything. But if that were the case all the plants would have had it. Since I repotted it there has been new growth coming out and so far it looks pretty good.

I had an issue earlier the year when I planted and transplanted into a few pots without the fish compost I usually use and those plants had nutrient deficiencies. It's possible that they with that group; I just thought these particular ones were done using the compost. Who knows?

I'll see how she looks over the next few days and see how things go.

Hey there flytier, it really looks to me to be a deficiency. Either magnesium or nitrogen. How's your ph also? Here's a graph that I hope helps you out. Good luck!
420-magazine-mobile1001058168.jpg
420-magazine-mobile186533440.jpg
420-magazine-mobile902083251.jpg

That for sure isn't a deficiency. It's some kind of leaf miner pest that's gotten ahold of that plant. Some genetics and conditions make some plants more susceptible to pests, but there's no denying that was caused by one. If it's not getting worse perfect, but I would watch very close.

That for sure isn't a deficiency. It's some kind of leaf miner pest that's gotten ahold of that plant. Some genetics and conditions make some plants more susceptible to pests, but there's no denying that was caused by one. If it's not getting worse perfect, but I would watch very close.

I guess the first thing to do is quarantine it.

Back
Top Bottom