Spidermite and maybe zinc deficiency - Help and insight would be greatly appreciated

katiecat

20170819_155337.jpg

Hello!! I have browning and die-off at the tips of my leaves. I was thinking a zinc deficiency, as they've been outside and have been receiving rain instead of a feed regiment.

I'd love some insight on whether this is a correct diagnosis or if there are other suggestions.

20170819_155351.jpg

Another one of my plants has yellow spots occurring mainly along the veins. I assume this is the first indication of a hefty spidermite infestation, but would again love some advice.

The rains are rumored to have stopped, but you can never tell in these mountain towns. Expecting to resume feeding soon.
Thank so much
Katie

Re: Spidermite and maybe zinc deficiency. Help and insight would be greatly appreciat

420-magazine-mobile622487824.jpg

I had the same thing but it cleared up on its own,, I sprayed them with nukem just to be safe because of possible spider mites, I looked at each and every leaf and no mites. Not sure what it was, let me know if you find someone who does figure it out

Re: Spidermite and maybe zinc deficiency. Help and insight would be greatly appreciat

That looks more like a deficiency, could be calcium. Here's a post I had bookmarked about it, maybe it will help. Boron & Calcium Deficiencies - Plant Problems & Solutions

That damage is from thrips, not sure but think you can see one in it's nymph stage crawling about. They're not that difficult to get rid off. Between thrips and mites, thrips are a lesser evil so to speak.

I've had spider mites, and the damage is like Drew's picture, looks silver'ish and also by the time they do this much damage there would of been visible webs.

:Namaste:

That looks more like a deficiency, could be calcium. Here's a post I had bookmarked about it, maybe it will help. Boron & Calcium Deficiencies - Plant Problems & Solutions

That damage is from thrips, not sure but think you can see one in it's nymph stage crawling about. They're not that difficult to get rid off. Between thrips and mites, thrips are a lesser evil so to speak.

I've had spider mites, and the damage is like Drew's picture, looks silver'ish and also by the time they do this much damage there would of been visible webs.

:Namaste:
No webs, I sprayed them with nukem as a precaution and seems to be ok

Back
Top Bottom