Really stumped here - Virus? Microscopic pest

gambit85

I am so very confused by what I'm dealing with.

Have done so much research trying to understand what's happening and anytime I find a thread with similar symptoms it's never solved and the op disappears or torches his garden.

I have the following symptoms:
Twisted growth
Severe purpling of plant:
striped mainstem
Leaf stems entirely purple
center leaf veins red/purple
I had 8 different strains one clone of each, all of them exhibited this.

Drying up of internode pistols(female signifying part)
Slower growth
Leaf tips and edges that rust up
The brown is much different the usual brown from nute burn or a dying leaf
Blackening of leaves
Holes just started appearing, and now getting larger

As far as pests or visible things that shouldn't be there.. I can see nothing, even with a 50-500x digital scope.. The ONLY thing I found are these little orange orbs, on bottom of leaves and stems, very few of them, stuck on there very well and hard to get off, pictures and closeups included.

This is now a second attempt after torching the first 8 clones in a new sealed tent very far away.

20170829_123315.jpg
20170829_123317.jpg
20170829_123321.jpg
20170829_123750.jpg
shinybulb.png
Photo_on_8-27-17_at_11_57_AM.jpg
Photo_on_8-27-17_at_11_56_AM.jpg
Photo_on_8-27-17_at_11_53_AM.jpg
Photo_on_8-26-17_at_6_26_PM.jpg
Photo_on_8-26-17_at_6_25_PM.jpg

Here's my setup

Tent 2'x4'x6'
Lights: Meizhi 278w led, 315W Ceramic Metal Halide, Gavita Pro DE 750w HPS
Intake: 4" vortex with a Horti Control Shroom filter
Exhaust: 6" vortex and 6" carbon filter
Soil: Promix Organic Herb and Veggie mix
Strains: Opium and Atomical Haze from THC Biomed,
Temp:25-28C (78.6-82.4F) lights on 20-24C lights off
Humidity: 40-60%
Nutes: General Organics GO Box
Water: Filtered 0-10 ppm @ 6.9-7.1PH
Feed: I add calmag until 120-150 ppm, then add nutes, right now only giving 200-300 ppm
PH of water with nutes: 5.8-6.0
Co2: intake pulls from a window, 20lb tank and regulator
Primary Info source: Ed Rosenthal's Grower's Handbook

I am so very confused by what I'm dealing with.

Have done so much research trying to understand what's happening and anytime I find a thread with similar symptoms it's never solved and the op disappears or torches his garden.

I have the following symptoms:
Twisted growth
Severe purpling of plant:
striped mainstem
Leaf stems entirely purple
center leaf veins red/purple
I had 8 different strains one clone of each, all of them exhibited this.

Drying up of internode pistols(female signifying part)
Slower growth
Leaf tips and edges that rust up
The brown is much different the usual brown from nute burn or a dying leaf
Blackening of leaves
Holes just started appearing, and now getting larger

As far as pests or visible things that shouldn't be there.. I can see nothing, even with a 50-500x digital scope.. The ONLY thing I found are these little orange orbs, on bottom of leaves and stems, very few of them, stuck on there very well and hard to get off, pictures and closeups included.

This is now a second attempt after torching the first 8 clones in a new sealed tent very far away.

20170829_123315.jpg
20170829_123317.jpg
20170829_123321.jpg
20170829_123750.jpg
shinybulb.png
Photo_on_8-27-17_at_11_57_AM.jpg
Photo_on_8-27-17_at_11_56_AM.jpg
Photo_on_8-27-17_at_11_53_AM.jpg
Photo_on_8-26-17_at_6_26_PM.jpg
Photo_on_8-26-17_at_6_25_PM.jpg

Here's my setup

Tent 2'x4'x6'
Lights: Meizhi 278w led, 315W Ceramic Metal Halide, Gavita Pro DE 750w HPS
Intake: 4" vortex with a Horti Control Shroom filter
Exhaust: 6" vortex and 6" carbon filter
Soil: Promix Organic Herb and Veggie mix
Strains: Opium and Atomical Haze from THC Biomed,
Temp:25-28C (78.6-82.4F) lights on 20-24C lights off
Humidity: 40-60%
Nutes: General Organics GO Box
Water: Filtered 0-10 ppm @ 6.9-7.1PH
Feed: I add calmag until 120-150 ppm, then add nutes, right now only giving 200-300 ppm
PH of water with nutes: 5.8-6.0
Co2: intake pulls from a window, 20lb tank and regulator
Primary Info source: Ed Rosenthal's Grower's Handbook
The purpling can be strain related. The twisted growth can be caused by russet mites or overfertilized. Burnt leaf edges may be overfertilization .

The purpling can be strain related. The twisted growth can be caused by russet mites or overfertilized. Burnt leaf edges may be overfertilization .

As I mentioned.
8 individual strains. all showing the exact same signs of HEAVY purpling.

Today I found something..!

WEBS in the ROOTS.. googling that found only one other post about it, and sure enough the guy mentioned heavy purpling throughout.

Any idea what is making these webs in the roots

Thanks I took a look, nothing mentioned webs in roots.

rootwebs.jpg
20170830_134216.jpg
20170830_134208.jpg
20170830_133359.jpg
20170830_133334.jpg

Ok only root problems I know of are root aphids . Not sure about the webs but in soil they do have a white substance around them.
Does the plant droop under intense light?

the plant grows decently well as the problems are beginning, but pretty soon the whole thing falls apart, twisted growth black leaves, severe necrotic areas, rust colored tips, the leaves that do look healthy still, respond well to light and perk up, no droop really.

Jeeeeeee,whatever it is it has got a hold.What about taking plant out of pot taking the bottom layer of soil off and replace with fresh mix,just an idea. It would be great to know the cause of and remedy.hopefully 420 can resolve this problem soon. good pics of problem by the way. regards

Jeeeeeee,whatever it is it has got a hold.What about taking plant out of pot taking the bottom layer of soil off and replace with fresh mix,just an idea. It would be great to know the cause of and remedy.hopefully 420 can resolve this problem soon. good pics of problem by the way. regards

appreciate the help :)

I think your little bugs are scale insects. Not sure if the webbing means anything, if it's just that one root.

Try washing the scales off her and repotting her into fresh compost.

are you able to see them in the photo? or are you going based on the damage ive spoken of?
will google thanks

I found out some more info out with research last night/today..

TURNS OUT that some stages (14 life stages?) of root aphids (aka Phylloxera aka Daktulosphaira vitifoliae) do produce webbing.

These plants (at least mine, that were very well quarantined since arrival) have Root Aphids, a near microscopic soil dwelling insect that attacks the roots and produce many deficiencies because the plant cant uptake nutrients properly.

This is great news for me, as we never found any living broad mites with the heavy amount of scoping I did I was going crazy, but I didnt scope the soil before I h2o2'd the crap out of it, but the webbing is pretty concrete to me. Something was in my soil and produced a webbing between two individual root strands, that has to be a bug(s) that lives on and traverses along the roots, that went all the way down a root then had a reason to make a webbing to reach between the two roots.. I could see how webbing wouldnt be that common if there isnt roots freely penetrating the soil.

Another fact that leads me to this theory is npstrs journal (npstrs is another thc biomed customer that is growing nebula) he had similar issues but was able to save his plants, I asked him what he thought made the difference, and he mentioned 3 soil flushes in the first 7 days of getting the plants.

Thoughts?
Screen_Shot_2017-09-02_at_12_31_22_PM.png

Back
Top Bottom