Insecticidal Soap vs Thrips

onewarmguy

Okay folks I'm calling out for advice from the veterans, I'm fighting a battle with the terrible THRIP right now and I thought I poll you all to find out your solutions.:scratchinghead:

I prefer to keep my grow as organic as possible, so I'm using a 1% solution of pure Castille soap, olive oil and ph'd water in spray bottle the delivers a very fine mist. For the chemists among us it works out to; 1 ml Castille soap, 1 ml virgin olive oil, and 100 ml water (lord I love metric) adjusted to about 5.5 - 6.5 ph. I spray both the top and bottoms of the affected leaf fans every day.

I'm wondering if I should bump it to a 2% solution? Do any of you make their own? What's the highest concentration you've gone to without hurting the girls? This is my only plant this year so I don't want to risk her.

I picked up thrips a few months ago and I can't seem to control them. I've had a few nice runs but they come back. I don't know if I should be spraying everyday? I bought neem oil from the local hydro store, mix one TBS with a TBS of natural dish soap and 1L of water. It works but I can't seem to break the cycle. I did a really thorough clean of my room yesterday. I don't know if lady bugs are the only answer?

You can also add cayenne pepper with your soap. Obviously I wouldn't advise this during flower. Only during veg.

Problem is that cayenne pepper clogs the sprayer. I'm thinking I might get some fresh hot peppers like a scotch bonnet and just use the juice out of them.

I've been mixing a peppermint Castile soap 1tbsp. and 2 drops of lavender and 2 drops of rosemary essential oils. PER QUART mixed with some aloe Vera flakes and sprayed right before lights out.

Growant, those proportions work out to about a 1.5% solution 1 Tbsp = 15 ml, 1 Qt =0.95 litres. How long have you been spraying them? Have the lousy little critters been wiped out yet? :rip:thrips

Growant, those proportions work out to about a 1.5% solution 1 Tbsp = 15 ml, 1 Qt =0.95 litres. How long have you been spraying them? Have the lousy little critters been wiped out yet? :rip:thrips

Never tried it on thrips, only spider mites. Eliminated the spider mites not a problem. Hope it can help.

Problem is that cayenne pepper clogs the sprayer. I'm thinking I might get some fresh hot peppers like a scotch bonnet and just use the juice out of them.

That sounds like it might work too. Keep me posted.

Back
Top Bottom