Help with red leaves issue - At 1-2 weeks into flowering

Need2Succeed

Possible root bound and overwatering a cause of red leaves starting?? 3 foot tall plant in 5 gallons Geopot. Beginning of flowering cycle. 2 weeks at most into flowering.

420-magazine-mobile1613556405.jpg

are you growing in soil?
Yes. Nectar soil #4. Only one female is of subject. Other 2 I have are mini bonsai styled. This one in question has these red leaves starting. My camera on back of phone broke. so is tough taking a good picture. Red leaves started in past few days, after a feeding about 3 days ago. heavy rain today also. Lots of sun, good weather tommorow.

just a guess but your ph may be too low and molybdenum is being locked out
Also was a thought I'd had; molybdenum. That's a rare occurence I read somewhere. However the rain today should be offsetting that, if is the culprit. I don't have a ph meter. I do have ph up that I've not used at all in the feeding from the Nectar line of nutes. I have a cheap basic ph meter and ph test strips. however the accuracy may be insufficient. I'll attempt next watering, a ph test with the ph strips and the basic cheap meter. I hate to not succeed in crunch time. I'd like 3 Oz from this girl at least. And I'm debating on monster cropping to save genetic strain through winter for future clones next season.

is all organic. "micro beasts"? what do you mean by?

And...should I follow this and consider this diagnosis of the molybdenum as accurate. Very possible since I've heard the Nectar line of nutes I believe has been known to need ph up added to. Prior to this ive had little issues however. Although, since issue began, im using water from a different town, plant is located in new home. Rain today may have been extremely helpful in correcting ph levels, I hope. At least maybe the rain brought ph levels up to closer range, until I water again next.

Think I should go with plan of defense for molybdenum...as follows... ,
Curing Molybdenum Deficiency In Cannabis - RQS Blog

I still think transplant careful is Needed. I'm just not 99.9% sure. Stem is about an inch diameter, in a 5 gallons. Very possible it's wants more room for happy roots, especially after last feeding. Time would be day or two or never to transplant. I have a bag of foxfarms. Am thinking of a gentle watering of the new substrate in new pot, the plop the girl in a 7 gallon geopot. From the current 5. plop of course just generally saying.

Depends on the strain as if it has any purple potential to it, also if cooler at night (60's area) it will be more prone to turn on you if it is prone to it. Can also be a Phosphorous issue far as the purple goes too but that usually starts with the stems far as I know.

My Blue Widow starting to change:
0023070.JPG

Towards the end of Flower pic of same plant:
0042884.JPG

Depends on the strain as if it has any purple potential to it, also if cooler at night (60's area) it will be more prone to turn on you if it is prone to it. Can also be a Phosphorous issue far as the purple goes too but that usually starts with the stems far as I know.

My Blue Widow starting to change:
0023070.JPG

Towards the end of Flower pic of same plant:
0042884.JPG
Wmass Massachusetts outdoor. No idea of strain other than, it's some high grade bagseed. Legit. um...has dipped into 30s tonight, although that's New England for ya. back up to 80 tommorow daytime. Am going to attempt to get lucky by having decent cycle of wet/dry. hoping to have good amounts of water during coldest nights of upcoming October. I'll probable dig a hole in ground and place pot in hole towards middle of October. For better insulation. with some room around diameter for breathability. sounds like a decent idea to me to extend harvest time. I want largest yield I can produce.

I plucked most red leaves and small shoots to encourage a lollipop/defoliation type technique. I'll leave alone rest of way. You had left all those red leaves and they turned back silver/green like that. amazing.

Any experience with a quality affordable on budget, yet not sacrifice quality for led light. I want to veg indoors for winter with 1 monster. maybe 2 or 3 bonsai styled girls.

How's she doing now? Has she snapped back at all?
still enough green foliage to make it through to harvest im hopeful of. Apparent I hadn't flourished vegetative stage as well as would of been ideal or better. Weather has been very odd, rare around here lately. Wet to dry cycle and feeding regiment has been kilter sort of speaks; hot heat and humidity in day, colder cooler with lingering humidity at night. hoping that this plant dries out as I topped it with feeding of nutes after some heavy rain around this parts, paired with the aforementioned climates happenings. Tops are plentiful and strong seeming however. and several tops seem to be producing relatively nicely, as far as I adequate.
Wish me best.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom