-----------------
Foxfarm Ocean forest
Humboldt Nutrients 2-part Starter
Advance Nutrients - Overdrive
Liquid Seaweed
White Widow, Strawberry Kush and 1 Mystery
Harvest Date: October 18th

Hello,

I'm sorry about the photos, I'll retake them this evening. I'll try to post the most visible shots.
I'm not comfortable with the size of my plants. It seems like the colas should be bigger for a four-week flower.
The plants look good - not great - but I am in the process of defoliating, so I'm being careful to avoid too much shock.
I was thinking about foilar spraying with seaweed, but I read that this was not a good idea once the plant is in flower stage?
I started an experiment yesterday, hoping it will swell the buds. I switched from 12/12 to 21:36/12:24, and right now the biggest problem I can see is the heat increase, that I have to keep an eye on. Otherwise, it says I can stay on this schedule straight through, with an extended 2 weeks.

So now I have the tent closed up till tomorrow, but with only a fan, I decided to do something that may or may not work. I bought a bag of ice and put a layer of it around each of the plants before turning off the lights. I did this, thinking that it would cool the tent (fan is still running), and maybe the drop in temperature along with the ice will force the plant to change color.

I'm not very good with soil. Nutrients, water, etc., I just can't keep the balance of ph, and I'm checking everything daily. I think I'm going to try out the Coco coir next month. It's supposed to be more forgiving once you get the basics down. Besides, knowing that 20% run off keeps the salt buildup at bay, is very encouraging in preventing lock-out.

eabd558c-d0a1-412c-8730-2d30efeb6239.jpg
ebb54a46-f7a0-48ec-a8af-f57c976d41cf.jpg
KIMG025511.jpg
81b15b89-75ba-4fbd-937a-466ad3557624.jpg
524e15e9-deb8-4c1e-8706-30e8b68e4fe8.jpg

What do you mean by "21:36/12:24" ?
BTW she seems ok! What is the light distance? and the temp?

Hi and thanks for responding!
My tent's height is 80 inches. The MHS is affixed right on the top bar and there's about an inch of space between it and the tent ceiling. The LED is less than is a foot from the tent top. I let one plant grow "au natural" and have staked it; the other plant I decided to LST it, and its stems/branches are now flush against the top of the 7 gal earth bag.
Temps have been an issue. A major pain in the ass. I've been fighting with 79 degrees and above, and I'm seriously considering removing the MHS and buying another 1000 watt LED, but I want to wait for my next grow (a few weeks). just hate the idea of putting this thing in a box and shoving it in the closet. I know once I do it, it'll be the last time I see it or use it.
All these photos of massive yield by the 2nd-3rd week of flowering makes me crazy. I'm not an expert, but how are they doing it? :)

Oh, and about the light change, here's what I've been reading up on, tell me what you think:

How do I Manipulate the Photoperiod for Larger Yields

And check out the Stickbug I saw on the ground while filling my car this morning! :p

9dd70a5c-93f3-4dbe-8a60-bfcf4cd7deef.jpg
KIMG025511.jpg
eabd558c-d0a1-412c-8730-2d30efeb6239.jpg
e11e55f5-2848-4103-ae07-a56c63829bf5.jpg

Not a lot of information in your posts so we'll start with a couple of questions.....
Seeing that you're using the ffof soil, at what point did you start introducing nutrients?
Are you using the seaweed extract as a foliar spray?
What are you using as a bloom enhancer?

Just to get it started and get a sense of where you are.

Not a lot of information in your posts so we'll start with a couple of questions.....
Seeing that you're using the ffof soil, at what point did you start introducing nutrients?
Are you using the seaweed extract as a foliar spray?
What are you using as a bloom enhancer?

Just to get it started and get a sense of where you are.
4x4x80 grow tent
1000w LED
600w MHS
Large floor fan
Hydro pebbles
7gal earth bags
-----------------
Foxfarm Ocean forest
Humboldt Nutrients 2-part Starter
Advance Nutrients - Overdrive
Liquid Seaweed
White Widow, Strawberry Kush and 1 Mystery
Harvest Date: October 18th

I'm sorry! I guess I need to show the list with every post. It definitely makes it easier to see what I'm talking about, right?:)
It's getting down to the wire, and I've decided to give it till the end of the month and check again. The trichomes are milky and I'm seeing more of the copper-looking tips popping up. This will be my last grow in soil for a while. I'm getting ready for Coco this weekend.

I'm following Humboldt's schedule, cutting the recommended nutrients (7gal res -28mL to 56mL over the course of 4 weeks )by 1/2, and building on that. I'm now tapering off, and will be flushing in two weeks.

I went back to 12/12 and gave up on the blog: How do I Manipulate the Photoperiod for Larger Yields. I just couldn't reconcile how the schedule could potentially set my crops back into veg. I couldn't find anything on it - successes or failures - so rather than risk messing up my three plants, I decided to get back to what I know and understand, 12/12.

I went back to 12/12 and gave up on the blog: How do I Manipulate the Photoperiod for Larger Yields. I just couldn't reconcile how the schedule could potentially set my crops back into veg. I couldn't find anything on it - successes or failures - so rather than risk messing up my three plants, I decided to get back to what I know and understand, 12/12.

Wise decision. Turn your led lights off and try and get some close up pics of your buds in normal light. I can't see anything. Do you have a loupe? That helps.

Back
Top Bottom