Yellow & Dry Spots

JohnnyPaulx

Hi! How is everyone?

I'm a first time grower, and I've been having some issues with my little plants. Two of them have been getting some burn-like spots near the edges and tip of the leaves (And turning kinda yellow). I really don't know what it is, since I moved the light farther away and it's getting worse. What could it be? I am using Miracle Grow soil. Should I change it? What do you guys think is wrong with them? It stunned their growing, so other ones are already far ahead of these two in terms of growing. I am also using aluminum foil to help reflect the light, could that be burning them? Should I try taking that out and see how they do?

I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

I also got some pictures.

pImCcGy.jpg
L4LP7BP.jpg
Jy0AHnS.jpg
1LMUTCJ.jpg

One definitely stopped growing and the other one got better and is growing. I kinda flushed the one that is still not growing, but I'm new to all of this so it's hard to say if I did it right or if that is gonna help at all.

Re: Yellow & Dry Spots

I'd lose the tin foil it creates hot spots not good! If u wanna go cheap go to the outdoor store or dept. And grab survival blanket 2 dollars and it's Mylar 90% reflective

The soil is probably a little hot or high in nutes for the girls but they should grow out of it. What are your temps at? I had drooping from cold and it looked similar. Try not to water often especially if temps are low they won't drink nearly as much, and the flush could be counter productive and slow growth. Mistakes I made starting anyways. If we can get them back on track they should have a robust healthy life!

Thanks!

So it can survive? Then I guess I'll just wait and see if it gets better. The temperature is around 75°. Could the same thing happen if it gets really hot? Or I might've given them nutrients too early.

IMG_0848.jpg
IMG_0849.jpg

Update!

That one completely stopped growing. It looks like it's going to die or something.

Another one that was fine before stopped its growing and the top of its leaves are starting to turn kinda yellow. Maybe the same thing is going to happen to that one.

Hi! How is everyone?

I'm a first time grower, and I've been having some issues with my little plants. Two of them have been getting some burn-like spots near the edges and tip of the leaves (And turning kinda yellow). I really don't know what it is, since I moved the light farther away and it's getting worse. What could it be? I am using Miracle Grow soil. Should I change it? What do you guys think is wrong with them? It stunned their growing, so other ones are already far ahead of these two in terms of growing. I am also using aluminum foil to help reflect the light, could that be burning them? Should I try taking that out and see how they do?

I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

I also got some pictures.

pImCcGy.jpg
L4LP7BP.jpg
Jy0AHnS.jpg
1LMUTCJ.jpg
Did you use any nutrition that could be problem or its to hot

Luweedgi for the win! So I'm don't really soil, although I mixed a small amount into my coco starter solo just to allow some nutrients to be present. For veg temp range 70 min 85 max. I wouldn't give up on them! I mean it's good your other plants are doing well. I don't know if a transplant is worth it probably way too much stress :/ just mist them a few times a day they can drink through the leaves and let that soil dry. The roots will grow and if you mist them they'll have water. Idk what do you think luweedgi?

Update!

So, the one that looks worse just keeps getting worse. No signs of growing and the dry edges keeps expanding. Here's a picture:

Photo_Sep_25_3_40_06_PM_3_copy.jpg

But I also got bad news again, another one started showing symptoms yesterday and today it looks like this:

Photo_Sep_25_3_40_06_PM_3_copy2.jpg

I'm just gonna stop watering them and I'll just mist them with water like Themaddabber said.

Is there a possibility this could be zinc deficiency or something like that?

Update!

So, the one that looks worse just keeps getting worse. No signs of growing and the dry edges keeps expanding. Here's a picture:

But I also got bad news again, another one started showing symptoms yesterday and today it looks like this:

I'm just gonna stop watering them and I'll just mist them with water like Themaddabber said.

Transplant it in new soil put it in the cup and don't water it for days or two and spray any nutrition or anything and check pH has to be in between 5.5 and 6.5

Update!

And if your growing under led your alright with light other keep it couple feet away so it don't get burn also spray it with water before turning light on and before turning light off

Thank you everyone for the help!

They both looked really bad when I came back home tonight. I transplanted them to new soil, but I might've ruined that, since it was my first time transplanting plants in general. At this point, I don't know if they'll ever be growing again. I sprayed them a little bit on the leaves with water, to see how they look tomorrow when the light comes back on.

One of the plants (4 in total) is doing really good and is growing super fast. But I don't understand why, since I didn't do anything different to that one :(.

Update!

So, now the same thing is happening to all of them. Bottom leaves are wilting, drooping, turning yellow, and the plants stopped growing. I really don't know what is wrong and I'm losing my mind. I moved the light farther away to see if that does anything. They're all dying and I have no idea what is going on. Whenever I research all the symptoms point at 30 different possibilities, so I end up more confused. At this rate, they're all gonna die.

Update!

So, now the same thing is happening to all of them. Bottom leaves are wilting, drooping, turning yellow, and the plants stopped growing. I really don't know what is wrong and I'm losing my mind. I moved the light farther away to see if that does anything. They're all dying and I have no idea what is going on. Whenever I research all the symptoms point at 30 different possibilities, so I end up more confused. At this rate, they're all gonna die.
Transplant them maybe oh to low or to high underwater or over water and maybe it's to cold or to hot high or low humidity or ventilation is bad check all of that and transplant them

Thank you for responding, Alen206.

I'm gonna try changing how I water them and see how that affects them. I'll update you, guys, whenever I see anything.

Thank you for responding, Alen206.

I'm gonna try changing how I water them and see how that affects them. I'll update you, guys, whenever I see anything.
Hey so I just wanted to stop in and check on things. Again I'm no pro but can you please provide more details such as lights you are using. Distance from plants of said light. I started my seeds in a MG coco perlite mix and they're just fine. I looked back and have noticed some serious drooping. When are you watering and with What? What container are they in and are there drainage holes the more info you give the more we are able to help! Wishing yoiu the best.

Dabber

Hey so I just wanted to stop in and check on things. Again I'm no pro but can you please provide more details such as lights you are using. Distance from plants of said light. I started my seeds in a MG coco perlite mix and they're just fine. I looked back and have noticed some serious drooping. When are you watering and with What? What container are they in and are there drainage holes the more info you give the more we are able to help! Wishing yoiu the best.

Dabber

Hi!

Well, of course. I'm using a 50W LED and it's around 8 inches away from the plants (it's what the brand recommends). I was using MG in biodegradable pots. When I first planted them, I was spraying water on them, but I think I didn't know how to water them correctly, because now I found out I might've doing it wrong. I was not giving them enough water, so that might've been one of the reasons why this happened.

But I also wanna update. The other two that started feeling bad got immediately better. Right after I changed the way I water them, so that's a positive sign! Also, more good news, one of the two that were dying revived after being transplanted. Now I got three healthy-looking plants. One is way bigger than the other two, though. So far so good, considering everything that happened, hahaha.

Oh, and now I am watering them whenever the first inch of the soil is dry and I basically try to get some runoff of water and soak all the soil. Before, I used to use a spray bottle to soak the top of the soil. That's what I understood I needed to do when I first did research and watched videos. I guess there's a lot of incorrect information on the web.

I decided to transplant the biggest of my plants to a bigger pot. It looks so pretty now. I will post some pictures tomorrow, maybe!

Back
Top Bottom