Bud rot? Wtf?

Bud rot??? What's going on here? The whole plant is pretty screwed due to aphids (sprayed with neem oil to get rid of the infestation (did it at sunset) but it has pretty much killed my plant. Some of the main colas are salvageable but I just noticed this one branch today it's it's dead. It's like it died half way up the branch. You could tell where it wasn't getting any water or nutrients anymore. WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED?!?! I have grown quite a bit and NEVER seen this. It's like the whole plant is dying. I water when needed, use ocean forest and age old bloom every 2/3 waterings along with calmag. All of this started when she went into flower. During veg it was beautiful. Ph is 6.5, used neem oil spray every 3 days for about two weeks (until the bugs were gone) and I get this?! ALL OF THIS TIME WASTED! Someone please help

Re: Bud rot? Bogus shit

IMG_268816.JPG
IMG_268723.JPG
IMG_268723.JPG

Bud rot??? What's going on here? The whole plant is pretty screwed due to aphids (sprayed with neem oil to get rid of the infestation (did it at sunset) but it has pretty much killed my plant. Some of the main colas are salvageable but I just noticed this one branch today it's it's dead. It's like it died half way up the branch. You could tell where it wasn't getting any water or nutrients anymore. WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED?!?! I have grown quite a bit and NEVER seen this. It's like the whole plant is dying. I water when needed, use ocean forest and age old bloom every 2/3 waterings along with calmag. All of this started when she went into flower. During veg it was beautiful. Ph is 6.5, used neem oil spray every 3 days for about two weeks (until the bugs were gone) and I get this?! ALL OF THIS TIME WASTED! Someone please help

Damn buddy. Sorry to hear. I've been dealing with an infestation all summer haven't been able to flower a plant for months. It's really discouraging. I don't have any experience with bud rot, but as far as the trichomes, they're looking close man. I'd cut off and throw out anything with rot NOW. Whether it ends up salvageable, time may only be the only way to tell.

re: Bud rot? Wtf?

So sorry. :(

So... you had pests, overdid the pest treatment, and now your plant is dying as a result? Is that right?

You say "bud rot" in the title, but never mention any mold. What are your symptoms?

Did you do anything different this time than with the previous, successful grows? Or was it just the aphids that sent things in the wrong direction?

As always, some good photos would be a big help.

Re: Bud rot? Wtf?

So sorry. :(

So... you had pests, overdid the pest treatment, and now your plant is dying as a result? Is that right?

You say "bud rot" in the title, but never mention any mold. What are your symptoms?

Did you do anything different this time than with the previous, successful grows? Or was it just the aphids that sent things in the wrong direction?

As always, some good photos would be a big help.

I've done everything the same, MINUS preventative sprays which i think was my problem because once I caught the aphids it was too late and I had to spray the shit out of the plant almost on a nightly basis which I heard from a fellow experienced grower that too much neem could have caused it. I don't see mold, just a lot of die off. The first picture with the whole lower branch that died and I pulled off was sooooooo airy it was a joke. You could see through it. (On a side note I used ocean forest so I didn't use nutes or calmag because I didn't want the soil too hot. So I waited well into flower to start that which I think caused the super airy buds that def. aren't impressive or even look good to smoke. I've never really been able to get dense flowers no matter what I try. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Bud rot? Wtf?

I've never really been able to get dense flowers no matter what I try. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides growing the right strain, I think many hours a day of really intense light helps there.

Yeah, I'm guessing too much neem oil. Live and learn. (And learn to hate aphids. ;))

Back
Top Bottom