Leaves curling and I don't know what to do!

Mmminny

420-magazine-mobile1413576129.jpg

420-magazine-mobile971437532.jpg

I don't think this is overwatering.....???
Also, if I don't know how old they are due to complete inexperience, when do I switch to a flowering nutrient? I was given the seeds and am a "greenhorn".
I greatly appreciate any and all help!
~M

Top leaves heat stress and bottom ones overwatering is my guess but I'm fairly new to this myself!!
Are these auto, regular or feminised seeds?
If autos wait until you can see the hairs starting to form, in my experience anywhere between 3-5weeks.

Regulars and feminised you should only use flowering nutes once changing the light schedule to 12-12. I've vegged anywhere from 4 to 10 weeks depending on what I have been trying to achieve.

Also judging by the downwards curl on those leaves you should dial back on your nutes quite considerably. Try a quarter strength of what the bottle prescribes for the plants!

Giving them a flush won't hurt them either. Let them recover and then feed lightly with correct feed!

What medium are you in?

Meant to put as well, what light are you using and how close it? I would move it up at least 6 inches to cure those top leaves canoeing and curling!

Top leaves heat stress and bottom ones overwatering is my guess but I'm fairly new to this myself!!
Are these auto, regular or feminised seeds?
If autos wait until you can see the hairs starting to form, in my experience anywhere between 3-5weeks.

Regulars and feminised you should only use flowering nutes once changing the light schedule to 12-12. I've vegged anywhere from 4 to 10 weeks depending on what I have been trying to achieve.

Also judging by the downwards curl on those leaves you should dial back on your nutes quite considerably. Try a quarter strength of what the bottle prescribes for the plants!

Giving them a flush won't hurt them either. Let them recover and then feed lightly with correct feed!

What medium are you in?

Thank you for the response! Greatly appreciated :)

I do not know if these seeds are auto, regular or feminised. I have no idea what strain they are either. This is my very first grow. So I am at a loss....
I wondered if I over did it with the nutes. By flushing them I am assuming that means a good thorough watering to essentially "rinse" the excess from the dirt? And it won't harm them further, yes?
I just have two small plant lamps, which I had just moved a good two foot further up. We will see if that is the right height.
The medium I am using is just good ole fashioned dirt leftover from my potted annuals.
I figure if all this fussing pays off I will invest in "real" growing gear that all the fancy growers that I see on here have.
~M

It's not too hard but does take some time and learning

A pic of the light and yer area can help us give u ideas

Also the nutes yer using and the amount...

For sure is burnt a bit

Thank you for the response! Greatly appreciated :)

I do not know if these seeds are auto, regular or feminised. I have no idea what strain they are either. This is my very first grow. So I am at a loss....
I wondered if I over did it with the nutes. By flushing them I am assuming that means a good thorough watering to essentially "rinse" the excess from the dirt? And it won't harm them further, yes?
I just have two small plant lamps, which I had just moved a good two foot further up. We will see if that is the right height.
The medium I am using is just good ole fashioned dirt leftover from my potted annuals.
I figure if all this fussing pays off I will invest in "real" growing gear that all the fancy growers that I see on here have.
~M

Ok so a real stab in the dark with these puppies then! :) first things first we need to determine is what kind of seeds they are.

How old are these plants?
If by week 6 you cant see any hairs showing they're most likely regular or feminised.
You will then need to change your lighting schedule to 12 hours on 12hours off to induce flower.

With regular seeds it's not guarantee you will get a female so keep an eye out for da ballssss growing :) fingers crossed these are fems! Remember to take out the male plants as soon as you see them as to not jeopardise your crop.

If you are starting to see hairs and flowers growing with out doing anything to your lighting schedule it's autos you got! :)

What do you mean by two small plant lamps?
Are they CFL, Metal halide, high pressure sodium or LED.

My understanding is with soil you need even less nutrients. Soil comes with its own food for the plant and it retains a lot so you whatever you put in would just need to compliment the soil with the extras that your plant needs as opposed to feeding a lot with nutes like you would in hydro or coco. I have never done a soil grow myself so this is just info I have picked up along the way but hope it helps.

Yeh I would flush them straight away, I'm not sure on how much water to give being in soil..
the retention rate of coco is less so I don't require a lot when flushing my plants maybe 1-2 litres but have a read on here and online at soil flushing techniques!

I would get online and start looking at what seeds you want next, feeding schedules and the overall health of the plant is a direct reflection of you knowing what you're working with and playing to its strengths! I started with autos to get the hang of things and then moved to feminised with the more I've learnt. You've definitely given yourself a harder job being blind as to what strains/type of seeds you have but it's all a learning experience so just try to remember all the mistakes you've made and not do them again!

Good luck, happy to help where I can!!
G

I have a problem aswell but haven't heard anything from anyone yet. First grow and idk what's wrong flushed 3 days ago with ph level 6.5
8433d22d-7816-499e-8a96-e37f442d1cae.jpg

Hey Jboyo, first are you feeding it nutes yet? If so back off a little. And to me the yellowing of leaves means not enough nitrogen or just to strong of nutes. I'd back off and see what happens. Maybe someone else here my know also. Good Luck!

Good luck, happy to help where I can!!
G

Gehg!
You are infinitely fabulous! Thanks for the help!!!! :)
I will have more time later to respond... but after you mentioned male/female I panicked and looked up pictures of what a male plant looks like and I think my biggest plant is a male!!! Gah! Big sad face. But before I remove him from his friends, could you confirm this for me, pretty please?
420-magazine-mobile1876077623.jpg

Oh! And this is the silly bulb I am using.
420-magazine-mobile1660171412.jpg

I flushed them all and they are dripping on the porch because it is beautiful out today!

Gehg!
You are infinitely fabulous! Thanks for the help!!!! :)
I will have more time later to respond... but after you mentioned male/female I panicked and looked up pictures of what a male plant looks like and I think my biggest plant is a male!!! Gah! Big sad face. But before I remove him from his friends, could you confirm this for me, pretty please?
420-magazine-mobile1876077623.jpg

Oh! And this is the silly bulb I am using.
420-magazine-mobile1660171412.jpg

I flushed them all and they are dripping on the porch because it is beautiful out today!

Looks to be a male. I see the sacks, yep it's a male!

Did you lose them all?

Nope!!! Three of my girls, each in different growing stages are fine. Well, mostly fine. And, Since learning all about boys, I hope they are all girls! LOL. They look a bit shocky after I flushed them. I feel they will come back...but just to be safe I am crossing my fingers and toes!
I've got em dancing real good right now to help dry the soil up a bit faster...
Thanks again for being so kind.
~M
420-magazine-mobile1954228809.jpg

Can't wait for my grow tent to get here!!!;)

Back
Top Bottom