Normal to see light green marks like this?

MadHatterJack

They are drooping as I just transplanted to three gallon fabric pots so no worries there but I'm wondering about the light green scratch marks closer to the tips? No yellow or brown just light green markings.

Info:
I keep 4 of them in 36x36x63 tent with carbon filter and fan. I have my air intake setup with a humidifier and keep RH at 60-65%. I am using a cheap 450W (185W actual) LED 24" away and have a 6" fan a meter away blowing into the centre of the plants giving them a equal little breeze. I also have a ceramic heater to keep temp above 23 degrees outside the tent.

Life cycle:
They were all grown and germinated in peat pellets then transplanted into small quart containers at one week and then into 3 gallon fabric pots at two weeks which was yesterday.
22425717_1614940478568309_818912963_o.jpg
22386578_1614941135234910_623601514_n.jpg

They are drooping as I just transplanted to three gallon fabric pots so no worries there but I'm wondering about the light green scratch marks closer to the tips? No yellow or brown just light green markings.

Info:
I keep 4 of them in 36x36x63 tent with carbon filter and fan. I have my air intake setup with a humidifier and keep RH at 60-65%. I am using a cheap 450W (185W actual) LED 24" away and have a 6" fan a meter away blowing into the centre of the plants giving them a equal little breeze. I also have a ceramic heater to keep temp above 23 degrees outside the tent.

Life cycle:
They were all grown and germinated in peat pellets then transplanted into small quart containers at one week and then into 3 gallon fabric pots at two weeks which was yesterday.
22425717_1614940478568309_818912963_o.jpg
22386578_1614941135234910_623601514_n.jpg

Jack, that young lady is looking great.plants get little marks on the leafs sometimes as they grow.because we cherish these ladies we tend to over react..so lets relax, you doing a great job..now she's in her larger pot, let her chill for a while.going forward try not to over water or over feed, as she gets bigger raise the amount of nutes little by little..so all good, lets relax and try not to diagnose every little blemish, you'll end up going potty, and probably do her damage (over loving)..we all did it at first . you'll know if anything is really wrong, then we'll deal with it....happy growing

Jack, that young lady is looking great.plants get little marks on the leafs sometimes as they grow.because we cherish these ladies we tend to over react..so lets relax, you doing a great job..now she's in her larger pot, let her chill for a while.going forward try not to over water or over feed, as she gets bigger raise the amount of nutes little by little..so all good, lets relax and try not to diagnose every little blemish, you'll end up going potty, and probably do her damage (over loving)..we all did it at first . you'll know if anything is really wrong, then we'll deal with it....happy growing

Thanks, Guess that's all fine then. Cheers

Update, any idea what's causing this discoloration?

Capture2120.PNG

Do you have the tool's to read ppm and Ph ? You should be making sure the water runoff is around 6.2-6.5 for best results so the roots get access to all the nutrients it needs. For example in the chart below related for soil grows, your plant would not be getting Calcium at a ph of 6.2 and below which could be your slight yellowing streaks (likely bright green leaf's to come)as you mentioned. The seed itself supplies like 1-2 weeks of calcium itself but that depends on the seed. My very first grow i had a problem seed that was sprouting out but the leaves were stuck inside the shell and it was severely stunted in comparison to my other plants. Its also much brighter green while the others are healthy dark green.

Is this your first grow? Its important to have the reader tool's to learn everything about your first grow. Once you've done a few grows and made slight alterations, you will eventually get to the point where you know how your soil buffers (changes the pH up or down vs the water ph you put in) and you wont even need to do reads aside from water ph in.

If you are already doing all this and you know your ph is in the correct range then ppm would be the next order of business. Making sure the ppm is no higher then 1500 and no lower than say 500 (with wiggle room in this range) is a good start for the stage you're in. Personally, i had my plants growing in Miracle Grow and had values like 1600 and my plants seem to very much enjoy it. That was my first 3 days. by day 7 i was at 1100. When i did my first transplant on week 2 from cups to the 1 gallon grow bags, ppm measured in 2200's after first watering with the new added soil. The plants seemed to handle this high ppm fairly well but i would not let it get any higher by just watering them more, measure, water more if needed, measure and repeated until i got the value down to where i wanted it. I even once had it jump up to 5k from that Miracle grow (from 3 gal grow bags) so if you're using MG soil, must pay attention to ppm or you'll nute burn your girls. I only fed my plants once or twice in veg stage because that MG soil supplied so much nutes, it was actually quite nice. Hell i wasnt paying attention to pH of runoff until like day 40. I had multiple issues happening with the leaves and it seems everything improved when i started fixing my pH ranges based on my soil's needs.

I'm surprised you didnt wait longer to transplant, in 3 gal by week 2 is pretty damn early! mine werent in those until 1 month in. i did 2 weeks in cups, 2 weeks in 1 gal and then into the final 3gal. There are plenty of topics out there regarding how soon/late to transplant and why.

soil-ph-chart-marijuana1.jpg

I do have ph strips and a Ppm pen. I think I'm going to check my run off and grab some cal mag as others have suggested. I'm in starter mix and promix depending on the pot but they are all having this. I have not added any nutes yet.

iMo... im with smeghead on this one... just relax and let them try n work things out themselves before u go crazy with the nutes. they are still very young n fragile they look like they are doing fine but if u decide to add any nutes start with very very little and work ur way up as smeghead stated.
I do have ph strips and a Ppm pen. I think I'm going to check my run off and grab some cal mag as others have suggested. I'm in starter mix and promix depending on the pot but they are all having this. I have not added any nutes yet.

They'll grow out of it :) They're freshly transplanted, you want them to focus on the roots a bit so let em reach a bit and they'll work it out :)

They'll grow out of it :) They're freshly transplanted, you want them to focus on the roots a bit so let em reach a bit and they'll work it out :)

I sure hope your right Horti.. I have something similar going on with all three of my Jack Herer auto's. Been trying to figure it out for the past couple days now. I even thought it might be Mosaic Virus, as the pattern and markings on the leafs look similar to some of the pictures I've seen. From what I've read, the only way to know for sure if it's a virus is to have it tested. I don't think I want to go that route. I'll go ahead and let them grow out for a little while and see what progresses. Like I said, all three have this going on, and all are from the same batch of seed. None of my other plants have this and all are growing in the same soil .. Makes you wonder if it could be in the genetics maybe, or something unstable with the strain. Heres a pic to give an idea of what is going on..
Jack_Herer_auto_-10_days.jpg

I sure hope your right Horti.. I have something similar going on with all three of my Jack Herer auto's. Been trying to figure it out for the past couple days now. I even thought it might be Mosaic Virus, as the pattern and markings on the leafs look similar to some of the pictures I've seen. From what I've read, the only way to know for sure if it's a virus is to have it tested. I don't think I want to go that route. I'll go ahead and let them grow out for a little while and see what progresses. Like I said, all three have this going on, and all are from the same batch of seed. None of my other plants have this and all are growing in the same soil .. Makes you wonder if it could be in the genetics maybe, or something unstable with the strain. Heres a pic to give an idea of what is going on..

I don't think that's the same problem. Mine look more faint than yellow.

How are your auto jacks now? I have 2 auto jacks and they look exactly the same as yours with the leafs! Must be something to do with this strain!

Back
Top Bottom