Help - Spilled vinegar on plants and branches are dying!

ehladybugs

In an attempt to kill some gnats, I spilled some of the apple cider vinegar and dish soap onto some of my plants. Within 2 days the gnats are gone but some of my branches are full on dying... : (
I'm pretty sure the places it's happening are where I spilled the mixture...
Any thoughts on if it's possible to recover and should I cut them off or leave them...
Unfortunately this happened in both my veg and flowering rooms, 2 affected plants in each space
I would appreciate any suggestions!

:thanks:

Hey and welcome to :420:

There's nothing much to do for the damage now. You can try to rinse it off, though I feel like it's a bit late now. Maybe you can cut off just the parts that are not doing well and leave everything green. The plant will grow again, unless 100% of the plant was damaged. And as for the flowering plant not sure how the stress will affect her flowering cycle.

Perhaps you can upload some pictures of the damaged plants, that way I can give a more specific advice.

Here's a link on how to upload pictures: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

And some other links you might find helpful: New Member Start Links

:high-five:

I use vinegar to kill weeds outside on my property so this doesn't sound too good

Thanks for the advice, I agree that it's too late to help the damaged areas, just had a small glimmer of hope that someone had done the same and found a miracle cure but I bit the bullet and removed all damaged areas today. Thankfully the 2 that are flowering only had a few damaged branches and look super healthy otherwise but sadly, in the veg area, the one that was hit the worst was a cool bonsai that I've been training for quite some time and she's not gonna make it... stem and all main branches turned white and her foliage is wilting away, so much lost potential :(
2 Lessons learned... 1) don't freak out and combat a problem immediately if you're pretty stoned and have already had a few glasses of wine and 2) the apple cider vinegar with a few drops of soap mixture is great for catching and killing gnats just don't spill it on your foliage :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom