Need help identifying issue

jpemberton1

Good morning everyone! I have had this discoloration on my plants for about a week now. It's on 3 out of my 6 plants . I am using fox farm of for the soil! And I have been watering with tsp eater out of my sink (7.1 ph) Being grown in a tent, with 300w galaxyhydro leds. And I am using exhale bags for my co2. Any tips on identification and ways to help fix it?

Appreciate the help and sending nothing but love and good vibes to you all!

420-magazine-mobile377398005.jpg

420-magazine-mobile73483173.jpg

Thank you all for the input! After doing some research it seems to be a zinc lockout? That's the only thing that really looked like the pictures I posted. @illizm775 why do you say those bags are useless? (Curious and my first time using them) @Gee64 I'm going to lower my oh to the 6.5 range. Would you still recommend using calmag for zinc?

it could be a zinc deficiency too but zinc is almost always caused by too high a ph. The cure is the same. Zinc isnt something plants need alot of so soil rarely runs out of it but too high of ph will certainly lock it out. Overwatering can cause it too as overwatering weakens the roots and you need healthy roots to absorb zinc. Yes to the CalMag. If you are using reverse osmosis water then yes to CalMag about 90% of your waterings. If it is zinc using CalMag wont hurt at all. It will always help in soil.
2 possibilities here and getting the ph to 6.4-6.5 fixes both so thats your ticket I would guess.

As for the bags they have a shelf life. They start producing CO2 on the store shelf and are notorious for being exhausted before being purchased. However if you get fresh ones they wont do much at all unless your temp is in the high 80s. Under 85 degrees and plants cant use the extra CO2. You have to over rev a plants metabolism with high temps to make them able to utilize extra CO2.

it could be a zinc deficiency too but zinc is almost always caused by too high a ph. The cure is the same. Zinc isnt something plants need alot of so soil rarely runs out of it but too high of ph will certainly lock it out. Overwatering can cause it too as overwatering weakens the roots and you need healthy roots to absorb zinc. Yes to the CalMag. If you are using reverse osmosis water then yes to CalMag about 90% of your waterings. If it is zinc using CalMag wont hurt at all. It will always help in soil.
2 possibilities here and getting the ph to 6.4-6.5 fixes both so thats your ticket I would guess.
And that makes sense because up to this point I have been using normal tap water at 7.1 ph. So getting that down to 6.5 should help alot. Would I just mix the calmag into the water? This is my first go around and I've never used nutes yet. They looked amazing until earlier this week! I'm also using fox farm ocean forest so I'm wondering if it could be a drainage issue as well......

As for the bags they have a shelf life. They start producing CO2 on the store shelf and are notorious for being exhausted before being purchased. However if you get fresh ones they wont do much at all unless your temp is in the high 80s. Under 85 degrees and plants cant use the extra CO2. You have to over rev a plants metabolism with high temps to make them able to utilize extra CO2.
Okay. They sit at around 74 degrees. I'm trying to figure out the best way to heat then regularly cheap. Also safe because I get nervous leaving a tower heater on when I'm not home.

Also certain strains like somewhat unconventional ph levels as they need more of some things and less of others so research your strains and find numerous answers dont rely on the first one you find. Then try those ph levels and see if the overall health increases. When you hit a plants love zone for ph you know immediately. It takes right off so any adjustments do at least 2 waterings. I like 3. After 3 waterings at correct ph and a plant is really happy. So go straight to 6.5 then research your strain and tweak it from there. 6.5 unlocks everything in soil. Its mainly sativas that may have an odd ph preference as they are finicky feeders

74 isnt bad but 76 is awesome. Pennywise put me onto 76. Its a real sweet spot. What happens below 76 is the sugars start to thicken and the circulation slows so your plant will still be healthy it just grows slower and you only get 4-5 months to grow it. If you are using a ventilation system can you slow it down? that will raise temps. A variable speed fan controller is only 20 dollars and they work really well.

Also certain strains like somewhat unconventional ph levels as they need more of some things and less of others so research your strains and find numerous answers dont rely on the first one you find. Then try those ph levels and see if the overall health increases. When you hit a plants love zone for ph you know immediately. It takes right off so any adjustments do at least 2 waterings. I like 3. After 3 waterings at correct ph and a plant is really happy. So go straight to 6.5 then research your strain and tweak it from there. 6.5 unlocks everything in soil. Its mainly sativas that may have an odd ph preference as they are finicky feeders
Do you have any info on proper watering? Just curious....thank you again for all your help so far! Invaluable!!!

Ive never used any premixed soils really I always build my own so I cant really help with your fofarm question but you really need to understand drainage for growing pot. You may already know this but I will tell you anyways just in case. Plants dont need water plants need moisture. By that I mean they need wet soil to drink but they dont want a single drop of puddled water in the pots. Any root trapped in any puddled water starts to suffocate and eventually rot. Foliage needs CO2 (at room temp regular air has more than enough CO2) but roots need oxygen. When you let your soil get quite dry you allow maximum oxygen in because as the water drains down it pulls air behind it and as the plant drinks the moisture later it pulls more fresh air in. Also letting soil get about 75-85% dry causes roots to chase moisture thus expanding your roots. More roots equals more foliage. They are directly related mathematically for the average grower like us.

Ive never used any premixed soils really I always build my own so I cant really help with your fofarm question but you really need to understand drainage for growing pot. You may already know this but I will tell you anyways just in case. Plants dont need water plants need moisture. By that I mean they need wet soil to drink but they dont want a single drop of puddled water in the pots. Any root trapped in any puddled water starts to suffocate and eventually rot. Foliage needs CO2 (at room temp regular air has more than enough CO2) but roots need oxygen. When you let your soil get quite dry you allow maximum oxygen in because as the water drains down it pulls air behind it and as the plant drinks the moisture later it pulls more fresh air in. Also letting soil get about 75-85% dry causes roots to chase moisture thus expanding your roots. More roots equals more foliage. They are directly related mathematically for the average grower like us.
You are the man! Okay...so I have read that people have had issues with drainage in ff. What can usually be done with most soils to help with that?

Smartpots, which are cloth pots cannot be overwatered as all excess drains out. Roots and thus plants grow far bigger and better in smart pots. If you can transplant to a smart pot a bit bigger than what you are in the remainder of your grow will go alot nicer. Google smart pots. My wife makes mine out of landscape fabric but you can buy them online too

Smartpots, which are cloth pots cannot be overwatered as all excess drains out. Roots and thus plants grow far bigger and better in smart pots. If you can transplant to a smart pot a bit bigger than what you are in the remainder of your grow will go alot nicer. Google smart pots. My wife makes mine out of landscape fabric but you can buy them online too
I think that will help immensely!!! I honestly cannot even thank you enough

You are the man! Okay...so I have read that people have had issues with drainage in ff. What can usually be done with most soils to help with that?
I always cut all my soil with perlite. 25% by volume. Perlite is by far the best easy drainage for average growers. Start with that. Exceptional growers use all sorts of other things but you need to really understand soil. Use perlite its fantastic and microbes love it too.

Click on my name and go to my posts. Somewhere thru that you can find my journal. Im new to growing weed but I have been into organics my whole life. Weed is actually fairly easy to grow. Come hang out. Its a bit quiet in there and I dont always post but you can ask me anything you want through there and I will gladly try to help. Spam my journal with some pics of your plants too I love looking.

Would you recommend I fix the ph let the plants get 2 or 3 watering in and then add calmag? Or start when I transplant and fix ph

Back
Top Bottom