Wrinkled leaves

reapah23

How Many Plants? 2
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? 3rd week of flower (flipped switch 12/12 oct 24th)
Soil or Hydro: Hydro
Reservoir size: 5 gallon
Reservoir Temperature: near the same as room 65F-26C can check if needed
Type of Medium: Hydroton
Type of Setup: DWC
Size of Light: 1 600 Watt LED
Is it Air Cooled: Yes
Temperature of Tent: 25C
RH of Tent: 50-60%
PH of Reservoir: 5.9
How Often are you Watering: Add water adjust ph, ppm daily but reservoir change once 1-2 weeks
Fertilizers Used: Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom
Size of Room: 4x4

Problem: Leave tips curling up drying, the fine tips crumble if you touch them. Also the leaves appear to be very wrinkled, thats about the only way to describe it.

I feel like since it did not start until a few days before or during flower that it's possible Nitrogen overdose? I have yet to see any burning. Monitored PPM daily and started 1st week 650, 2nd 700, and now it's on the 3rd week so they are 750-800.

Also the plant next to this one is not having the same issue, here is a picture of the leaves I can provide more if needed. It's hard to even see it in the pictures, these are also about a week old and the plant has yet to recover.

IMAG0712_1_.jpg

IMAG0713_1_.jpg

Hi reapah,
At first it looked like a little heat damage, but you said the other plant looks alright?.. are they both the same strain?

I grow in hydro, I like to keep my res temperature at 18-19°....26° seems a bit high.
Are both plants being fed from same res?
What are the roots looking like?

The other plant is doing fine and is the same strain. They are individual reservoirs (5gal buckets), the roots look fine to me but I am new to DWC. They appear whitish brown, and have no smell. I'll take a picture tonight of the plant and roots.

The leaves appear to be recovering but it still seems to show more signs of the problem then recovery. Judging by a chart, the water level is decreasing, EC & PH seem to either be static or rising unlike before the problem the EC was decreasing by 50-100+ (EC is PPM). These readings indicate too much nutrients, which makes sense to me as I started using lots of nitrogen for flower which is when the problem started (Tiger Bloom).

Fixing to change the reservoir water now and just not going to add much nutes maybe a little bit of Big Bloom which is low in nitrogen, as I believe its possible theres alot of nutes left over in the roots? Really hope it recovers as it's a shame to see it do so well just to go down hill during flower. Anymore help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Update:
the water temp was 63F before reservoir change, added new 65F 500 EC/5.7 PH water (2 tsp GB, 5 tsp BB, 1 tsp TB, and 1 tsp 3% peroxide). All that can really be done by me now is check it daily to make sure the PPM is lowering. Looking at her out of the grow light makes it seem to be recovering. The PPM before reservoir change was lower then yesterday so that has to be a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom