Plant Problems Indoors

Ganjito

So I have 4 plants growing right now and only half of one plant is having serious issues. The pH is sitting at 6.1 and I have been using the fox farms nutrient schedule on them in Happy Frog soil. All water has been sitting out to remove chlorine. It has been flushed with clean ph'ed water with a flushing formula to remove excess salts. The strain in question is Strawberry Cheezecake. I water it about every 3 days as it dries out. Here are some pics. It looks like a manganese or cal/mag issue to me. It isnt really on the leaves where the buds are but are on those below it and mostly only on the left side of the plant. Im running a 880W solar storm Cali lightworks LED light with active ventilation keeping the temps are 81degrees and the RH around 35% as I am in colorado and its quite arid. Any suggestions? All I can think of to do is raise the pH a few points.

How far into flower are they, or better yet how long till u think u harvest

Looks to me like they know the jig is up soon and eating as much as they can before they go to the big bong in the sky

Do u use Calmag? If you have weeks left maybe add a 1-1/2 to 2x dose of it

they are about halfway through flower. Mid December they are ready. I am gonna try the cal mag thing as it does look to be that issues and I am on the lower end of the acceptable pH range and calmag is the first things to get locked out by low pH. So i am going to do a half strength calmag application and raise the pH because I do all 4 plants the same and this is the only one with an issue. This strain seems to push the pH down relative to the other 3.

they are about halfway through flower. Mid December they are ready. I am gonna try the cal mag thing as it does look to be that issues and I am on the lower end of the acceptable pH range and calmag is the first things to get locked out by low pH. So i am going to do a half strength calmag application and raise the pH because I do all 4 plants the same and this is the only one with an issue. This strain seems to push the pH down relative to the other 3.

what I have been seeing, which makes sense, is doing a dble dose of calmag, or 1-1/2 dose

I just did 2t/gal yesterday to see if some girls respond, so maybe try a bit more than less

Ill do that and will let you know if it solves the issue. I'm just more worried about toxicity after adjusting the pH to a more acceptable range for when the cal mag currently unavailable in the soil becomes available.

Ill do that and will let you know if it solves the issue. I'm just more worried about toxicity after adjusting the pH to a more acceptable range for when the cal mag currently unavailable in the soil becomes available.

what are u using for the PH adjustments

when Im using FFOF soil my ph, with RO water is around 6.2-6.4, seemed to work well for me

I just use phosphoric acid or potassium hydroxide but I rarely need to adjust the pH of a nutrient solution. My tap water sits at roughly 60ppm so I don't use a filter. My RO system broke a while ago when I was doing Hydro. I've grown over 600 plants and have even run a medical grow for nearly 2 years and I haven't seen this issue before with this soil/nutrient combo. This is a new strain for me in soil though as I've only grown it in Coco before with zero issues. I'm on the same page with you being a calmag issue but it is strange as its only happening to half of this plant, which is the strangest part of the issues, and none of the others. Heading to the store now to get a calmag supplement. With FFOF have you had issues with fungus gnats? Just curious, cuz the few times ive used it it seems like half of the soil is made up of fungus gnat eggs lol. Never get them with Happy Frog though.

I just use phosphoric acid or potassium hydroxide but I rarely need to adjust the pH of a nutrient solution. My tap water sits at roughly 60ppm so I don't use a filter. My RO system broke a while ago when I was doing Hydro. I've grown over 600 plants and have even run a medical grow for nearly 2 years and I haven't seen this issue before with this soil/nutrient combo. This is a new strain for me in soil though as I've only grown it in Coco before with zero issues. I'm on the same page with you being a calmag issue but it is strange as its only happening to half of this plant, which is the strangest part of the issues, and none of the others. Heading to the store now to get a calmag supplement. With FFOF have you had issues with fungus gnats? Just curious, cuz the few times ive used it it seems like half of the soil is made up of fungus gnat eggs lol. Never get them with Happy Frog though.

Funny about the Gnats.. Ive used at least 8bags of FFOF, No Issues ever, Changed to Hempy and had a bag sitting for a couple months, inside
Started using it for starters in solo cups, now I have Gnats...LOL, easy kill, just 4oz of H202, 3%, in a cup of water. At least its just in my starter closet, way away from my Big Girls

Ive been seeing a lot of differences even in 1 strain, so probobly what yer seeing, 3 may be fine but one is just, well, a challenge. Probobly a different pheno gene yelling at ya

Yer plants dont look bad, so dont stress too much

Back
Top Bottom