I think I ruined these girls - Or am I being precious?

Undead

I think I have the upload sorted? Maybe.

G'day all.

I hope the picture included works.

It has been decades since I have grown and this is my first in all that time..

Do these girls look a little weird to you all?

You are looking at a Royal Flush in the centre, two White Widow in the back. These three are the same age. (3 weeks)

The two smaller ones in the front are Amnesia Extreme are week younger.

All from seed, in coco with 25% vermiculite, in a flood and drain. Ph5.8 to 6.2, Coco a+b plus MgCal and about 2.1EC (which is bit high and am bringing it down.

The light is a Mars II 700.

The big boo-boo Lighting: for the first two days I had selected the bloom light (ONLY!) Doh! And I think I had the light too low to start with.

The result is that these girls:

1) all look the same even though there are three different girls.
2) they are very squat. Likely caused by the low light once set to the correct output.
3) have some minor wrinkling of the leaves at the root.

Anyway, any and all assistance is appreciated.

IMG_0019240.jpg
IMG_0011304.jpg

Thanks, I guess I need to research "node stacking".

Part of my confusion if the leaf shape. all big broad leaves, more like Indica than sativa. Maybe the sativa's are too young and the later leaves might be thinner.

I forgot to say that I have topped (FIM) the three older ones.

Thanks Pal.

Node stacking is just when you manage to crank the nodes out really close together. One technique to facilitate that is lower light distance and another good one I use often is leaf tip spreading. Look at the newest growth tip and you'll see the leaves opposite each other are nearly touching. Spread them and open up the very newest part of growth and that's it! They do look very indica

Have to agree they look pretty good to me too.
They all look just like the white widow that I been growing and they are 70% indica.

I thought I would provide an update.

Just ten days later and starting day 4 at 12 x 12.

Do you think I should defoliate more?

Cheers.

PostSwitch_1_of_1_.jpg

I defoliate regularly, most plants are totally fine with it. Some, not so much.

I would say, if there are any large fan leaves blocking growth below them, strip em off, just don't go too bonkers :)

Back
Top Bottom