Cause of corkscrewing leaves is brown pod like micro with roots under leaves?

Fasha

Hi,

Alaska Peninsula, imported soil from Amazon

Inside grow
Soil (home mix of 1x previous flushed used soil, 1x new soil, 1x per-lite and 1x worm carcasses.
T5 HO florescent

Many power outages and unsteady timer times, new clones are coming back from flower stage to grow. Many leaves opening so looks kinda strange. Symptom didn't get recognized at first. Plant is thriving and growing nice, other than this oddball corkscrew of about 6 leaves.

Out of 16 plants only one has multiple odd corkscrewing of leaves. Looks like some sort of heat stress but always been a foot away from T5 (no heat).

Seeing that more leaves were corkscrewing, I trimmed these off and I looked under microscope (no pic), I noticed barb/spear like things underside of first leaf, stationary and reddish brown in color. Looking further (another leaf), one barb/spear has grown into a pod with 2 root like arms growing out either side of it. This pod and roots were visible by the naked eye and was dark reddish brown. Other smaller adjacent pods were also growing. I also noticed a close proximity to sugar drops coming out of plant.

Reminds me of invasion of the body snatchers. Fearing the worst, and seeing no symptoms yet on surrounding plants, and not able to find anything online for help, I chopped plant down carefully and dumped. I misted vinegar on-top of soil of neighboring plants (not knowing what to do). This is my 6th or so gen of this plant (papaya) with no problems other than typical nute abuse and light mold on dirt surface (light apple cider vinegar mist solves that).

Back
Top Bottom