Living Soil Watering Question

manicbotanic

Hey friends, I'm pretty new here so I may have missed this topic somewhere, but I've been searching online for awhile and not found anything. I'm growing an organic living soil grow in 20 gallon fabric pots using LEC lights. The plants are in week 2 of flower have have vegged for 2 months. In all that time, I have watered 1 time and not really seen any (2/15 plants had mild symptoms) over watering symptoms, they look healthy and are pointing towards the light. They do seem to be growing slower than my last grow, which I used 15 gallon pots same method and wound up watering about once a week or so. In my previous grow I still made light teas that I can only assume helped that growth, though I haven't been able to brew any teas this time around because they never need watering. Humidity is at about 38%, I have a humidifier running constantly to get that much (aiming for 42%, hearing stomata open at 40%). At this rate I fear they will go their entire life cycle with only one (and it was less than a half a gallon each plant) watering. Otherwise they look quite healthy, a few bug bites from stink bugs, since eradicated, and no signs of too much or too little nutrition, in fact my canopy spread seems better than the previous run. Any thoughts on why these seem grow without any water? The top 2 inches do seem dry but I haven't found any droop outside of the leaves underneath the canopy, which I trimmed previously but am allowing the plant to retake those nutrients this time around. I suppose I should be clear from my location that I am a medical cardholder with a patient signing me as caregiver, so it's all legal big brother.

Edit: My pots are on the inflatable pool which is direct on the concrete floor, with the temps at a minimum 71 degrees when using a heater. Have been given advice to get them off the floor because they might be getting too cold from it. Going to try that and see how it works.

Back
Top Bottom