DWC problem - Why do my plants look like this

Akhmilli

My plants are 15 days old. I'm using dwc and haven't started nutrients yet. I'm using jiffy pellet as my medium. pH around 6.0-6.5, 18 on and 6 off light schedule. What is going on with these girls????????
IMG_20171202_191953.jpg

I suspect your jiffy pellets are water logged ? Never seen them used in hydro. Rapid rooters are used a lot.
Anxious to see what others say.
You should be at 500 ppm or so by now. Ph needs to come down some to get the lower range. 5.7
420-magazine-mobile1845812812.jpg

What do your roots look like? White or brown? Are you using an air pump and stones?

Ok so, can I take them out of the jiffy pellet and put them in rock wool and hydroton????

Yes you can. But I recommend rapid rooters. Rock wool isn't a favorite either.
But. If you get them out of the jiffy pellets you should be able to put straight into hydroton skipping rapid rooters. I think I'd research more and start over if it were me.
I'd also wait for more opinions. Good luck to you.

I'm really new to growing. I've never heard of rapid rooters. I'm about to look that up now. I guess you can understand my frustrations. This is the second time this has happened since I started growing. What ever it is, is something small that's making a big problem. Once I get to the bottom of it, I know I'll have some good ⛽. I really appreciate your help and support.

Lol. I just finished squeezing them very carefully and gently. A small stream on water came out of the jiffy pellet. Also, all of the dead leaves I carefully trimmed then off. Do you think I did wrong??

So how do I move them from jiffy pellet to rapid rooters??

I don't see a way to move them to rapid rooters.
Your water level must be too high or you're watering from the top for the jiffy pellets to be soaked.

Ok I think my water level was too high. I've lowered the water and I gently squeezed the jiffy pellet. A small stream of water came from them. So I think that was the problem. I also trimmed off all the dead leaves as best I could

Ok I think my water level was too high. I've lowered the water and I gently squeezed the jiffy pellet. A small stream of water came from them. So I think that was the problem. I also trimmed off all the dead leaves as best I could

That's a start I'd have the water level about a half inch at least below the pot. Still would love to see your roots. If you have pythium you'll need z7 or the like substitute.

The lower photo is too dark to tell much. The roots look OK in the top photo except for they're green at the top(!?) Do you have light hitting your roots?

All the usual useful information would help (age, nutrients, light, reservoir info, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom