Little black bugs in my soil

BAR1

I have these little black bugs in my soil...some fly and when I water they come out of the soil...what can I use to get rid of them....

Re: little black bugs in my soil...

Sounds like you have fungus gnats .. Let your soil dry out ,we also use yellow sticky paper to indicate what if any type of bugs that we may have in our garden. Some people use mosquito dunks,Diatomaceous Earth, and other ways to get rid of them.

Fungus gnats. I used Bayer Natria brand neem oil (which is organic) on my plant and the coco coir is was growing in every day, and it slowly brought them under control over about 10 days. Hit them hard, hit them soon, and keep hitting them. Think of it as an infection that needs to be aggressively treated. (Letting the soil dry out as much as possible, maybe with a fan on the surface, might help too.)

2017-07-05_Day_36_Neem_oil_001.JPG

I have used diatomaceous earth and fly paper...I don't see anything on the leaves just in the soil...I did not water today...will let them dry out some....they are not in every pot..just one really bad

I just used 4/1 water and h202 or 3% hydrogen peroxide

Cup of water 1/4c h202, kills em dead....
May need to repeat in a week or so in case some are hiding

I also use that neem spray and spray everything in my closet

so I just spray the soil....it wont hurt the roots
With which one my friend???

H202 is real easy, not sure the neem spray will penetrate the soil to the roots but the h202 does for sure

I'm going to transplant 5 into Hempy today and dont expect to see any gnats after my drench yesterday

The h202...I will do that tonight
Mix enough of a 4/1 ratio to water the plants not mist or spray them

Needs to be in the soil ta kill the little buggers that aren't flying yet

If just yers and none us soil the neem spray will work

Back
Top Bottom