Dry Rice for over watered plants?

GrowNorth907

I recently used soil that I forgot to add perlite to. Myself being stoned as all hell added my regular feed to it, left town and had a buddy feed my schedule. Knowing that I was only going to be gone for 2 weeks I wasn't too worried. Story short, too many feedings, without drying out. So damn come home and my runoff ppm is 3x the reg. Plants locked up to a iron def.

Oh well there goes a month or so to pull back, now I recently submerged my dewalt drill and my battery was acting up. Dumped it in a bag of rice like I've done with many phones..
Next night it's perfect. Works great

Then it hit me, what if you over water a plant, and it's so jacked that you know your root zone is on it's way to hell. It needs to dry out but it's not feeding right? What about the old raw grain rice trick?

Could I build a Small DWC style tote, cut a hole to the lower diameter of my pot, fill the tote with rice and let it pull the moisture down from the pot? Mabey run it only half a day so it doesn't completely stress what's left of the root zone?

I googled it and found nothing and never heard of this idea, was wondering what some experienced growers might think. Has anyone done something like this?

hi 907 dude, im also in the 907 area but not sure about the dry rice for over watered plants. sounds sketchy since you would have to guess the absorption rate of the rice you added. maybe a little at a time could help. Be careful not to draw out too much of the water. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom