Good people - Save my darling

pancaker

Hello to all,
First of all, I have to say I realy did my homework and tried to find, whats happeing to my mj.
I have 250W HPS in 60x60x150 box. In the box I grow 4 platns, 2 blue dreams (blimburnseeds) and 2 white strawberry skuns (strain hunters). All plants are 8 days old (I started counting the day my babies sprouted).
They grow in Plagron grow mix (fertilised for first 3 weeks), pH of soild 6.6 and pH of water 6.5. Water is soft as our shishas and kettles are clean even after year of usage. The temperature in box is bit high 30C at day 22C at night with humidity around 30-40%.
Three of them are doing wonderfuly, but the one strawberry skunk has a big problem and I cant figure out, what is happening.
The first level leaves are leathery and the new ones are curling downwards and on the base there are in purple colour. The growth is realy stunned and malfomed in comparison to other 3. I have not fertilized them yet, as the original soils should have still enough nutrients. Could it be the bad luck and this plant has broken genetics?

The photos of the poor dwarf below.

Help the lade to be pretty again. Thank you friends :Namaste:

for better resolution
Sick one
DSC_077221.jpg
DSC_077113.jpg
DSC_077019.jpg

Healthy one
DSC_077316.jpg
DSC_077415.jpg

I'd say humidity should be up a bit more with a fan in there ?

Ph sounds ok. It good be hungry though maybe it's genetics?

Here is a chart for environment

420-magazine-mobile1613277141.jpg

If anything if it gets worse post back here. Someone will help subscribe to this thread and quote me i will help ? If I can't figure it out I can get an army here in a second .

I was thinking about the humidity but what confuses me is that the other three plants growing in the same coinditions and they are doing fine. Two days ago I bought the humidifier but in almost two days of running in the box the sick plant showed almost no growth while the same straine sister plant increased almost in 1/2 of original size. Thank you for the help KingJoe83 :) I still have hope for the little one!

Given that the other plants are OK under identical growing conditions, I'm gonna guess that it's something about the seed itself--that it just wants to express itself in its own unique way.

I'd be willing to bet that once it gets going it will look normal. Interesting, though...

I was thinking about the humidity but what confuses me is that the other three plants growing in the same coinditions and they are doing fine. Two days ago I bought the humidifier but in almost two days of running in the box the sick plant showed almost no growth while the same straine sister plant increased almost in 1/2 of original size. Thank you for the help KingJoe83 :) I still have hope for the little one!

Never give up on the runt .

Dear friends,

This morning I decided to give my babies bit of delicious chunky fertilizer complex. I used half of the recommended dosage due
the prefertilized soil. I want to eliminate the possibility of phosphorus deficiency because the poor baby has a purple coloring. I also put the humidifier on overclock. I think the condition improved a bit but I will wait until the morning with the pictures so it is more clear if it really helped or it is just the denial of reality. Wish me luck! :adore::Namaste:

Hello friends,

so I am posting and update. Unfortunetely the sad update. The condition got worse, the yellow flakes have appeared.
The think that is worrying me is the fact that the healthy plants also show this yellow flake pattern on the leaves...
I really dont know, what to do. Maybe it is the pH of water? I am using the pH papers which are kind of inaccurate.
Could it be that? I am really out of ideas.

DSC_078619.JPG
DSC_078515.JPG
DSC_078418.JPG
DSC_078115.JPG

DSC_078215.JPG

thank you for help friends!

If it was my plant I would most likely flush it with pure water and liquid kelp. Just in case it's a build up nutrients which is causing the issues. Kinda like starting on a clean slate you could say. The liquid kelp will help with stress and provide enzymes and other good stuff.

Good luck!

Hello friends,

so I am posting and update. Unfortunetely the sad update. The condition got worse, the yellow flakes have appeared.
The think that is worrying me is the fact that the healthy plants also show this yellow flake pattern on the leaves...
I really dont know, what to do. Maybe it is the pH of water? I am using the pH papers which are kind of inaccurate.
Could it be that? I am really out of ideas.
!

It looks kind of funny but it's growing. I'd say just stay the course at this point and just add water and light.

One thought: next time use a premium soil like Fox Farms Ocean Forest with 20% perlite.

Those general purpose soils like Plagron or Miracle Gro that have fertilizer added don't have a very good track record here.

And again do make sure it's drying out one knuckle deep between waterings.

One more thought: buy a pH meter, pH meter 7.0 calibration solution, and a EC/PPM/TDS meter and learn how to use and maintain them.

Do you have any idea what the water is like where you live? Soft? Hard? How many PPM? That's important to know, especially when you're having mysterious problems. It's hard to troubleshoot without data...

Hello friends,

So I bought the real pH tester. I callibrated the machine and measured the water. It is freaking 7.6 pH!!! :thedoubletake:
I guess the sickest plant has very sensitive phenotype and was affected by the rising pH first.
I used a destilled vinegar, to bring the pH of my water to 6.5. What do you recommend guys? The soil is still wet from the last
watering. Should I wait until the soil is one knucle dry or should I flush the sh*t out of the pots? By the way, the water is
soft as our kitchen hardware (kettle, pots) and shishas are without the sediment even after one year of use.

Hello friends,

So I bought the real pH tester. I callibrated the machine and measured the water. It is freaking 7.6 pH!!! :thedoubletake:
I guess the sickest plant has very sensitive phenotype and was affected by the rising pH first.
I used a destilled vinegar, to bring the pH of my water to 6.5. What do you recommend guys? The soil is still wet from the last
watering. Should I wait until the soil is one knucle dry or should I flush the sh*t out of the pots? By the way, the water is
soft as our kitchen hardware (kettle, pots) and shishas are without the sediment even after one year of use.

if it was me id let it dry out a bit then ph 6.5 is good range safe area.
sounds liek you have trouble shooted it great news

Hello friends,

No idea what a shisha is (though I'd like to know), but that doesn't seem like the best way to check. Better add a PPM meter to your gear. Seriously.

If your pH is 7.6, I'm going to guess that you have significant permanent water hardness (i.e. carbonates in your water) and at least 100 PPM.

And chuck that vinegar, get serious, and buy some pH Down. ;)

As for pulling the emergency flush handle, I'd suggest just adjusting your water from now on and just go with that. People here seem entirely too willing to see flushing as the universal solution for everything, and it's kind of hard on the plant and flushes nutrients from your expensive potting soil.

Looks like you're making headway...

Hello friends!
The wait is finaly over, the update is here! So, firstly the most important thing. Shisha is just another name for delicios waterpipe like this :hookah:
Anyways, since the last post I am watering plants with modified water pH 6.4. My friend took care of girls during christmass week. When I arrived I saw this thriving beatiful young ladies! The problems dissapiered. :thanks: With the proper pH, the babies could feed on yummy nutrients and matured into nice strong ladies. :morenutes:
During last week I slowly cutted all malformed leaves and started to train the plants.

The sickest plant is revitalized and growing strongly. The funny shape is due the training and bending main stem. :yummy:
DSC_081010.JPG

The strong sativa that endured my alkaline torture without any harm is growing like a champ.

DSC_081216.JPG

DSC_08138.JPG

In few days, the top branches should reach a net and than after couple of days of growing into
canopy I will induce switch into flower. Thank you for your help guys, you really saved my first
grow :Namaste::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom