What are these bugs I found?

madge

I am hoping someone with more experience can help me identify what these bugs I found are.

First a bit about the garden...

Multiple strains, mixed between Sativas and Indicas
How Many Plants? 20 plants
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Most plants are 6 weeks into veg but a few are in various stages of flowering.
Indoor room in basement. Aprximately 4x8' on a raised drain table
Using Lambert LM3 (like promix) which is about 80% peat
Plants are in 3.5 gallon nursery pots which are cut at the bottom to allow additional drainage.
Two 315W CMH lamps
Is it Air Cooled?
Room stays around 22(70) during the day and 19(67) at night and is kept around 55%
Water as needed (about ever 3-4 days)
Using General Hydroponics nutes at 75% of Drain To Waste schedule.

OK, so I harvested an autoflower 4 days ago and left the old pot with soil and all in the veg room which is currently not in use until I could deal with it today. Yes, I know, I should have dealt with it right away, but then I might not have noticed them anyways.

So when I pulled it out tonight I was looking at the sap that was still running down the trunk and noticed something move at the base. Upon further inspection, I found a larger one and some smaller ones climbing around in it. There seemed to be a bit of webbing around it but I don't think they are spider mites?
420 Magazine
I immediately pulled all of my plants out and inspected them and don't see anything else. I applied diamtesous earth to them all and sprayed some bug b gon on the vegging plants. I am looking for some help identifying what they are so I can better watch for them.

Wed_Dec_27_15-51-05.jpg

Wed_Dec_27_15-50-33.jpg

Wed_Dec_27_15-50-22.jpg

Wed_Dec_27_15-49-25.jpg

I am hoping someone with more experience can help me identify what these bugs I found are.

First a bit about the garden...

Multiple strains, mixed between Sativas and Indicas
How Many Plants? 20 plants
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Most plants are 6 weeks into veg but a few are in various stages of flowering.
Indoor room in basement. Aprximately 4x8' on a raised drain table
Using Lambert LM3 (like promix) which is about 80% peat
Plants are in 3.5 gallon nursery pots which are cut at the bottom to allow additional drainage.
Two 315W CMH lamps
Is it Air Cooled?
Room stays around 22(70) during the day and 19(67) at night and is kept around 55%
Water as needed (about ever 3-4 days)
Using General Hydroponics nutes at 75% of Drain To Waste schedule.

OK, so I harvested an autoflower 4 days ago and left the old pot with soil and all in the veg room which is currently not in use until I could deal with it today. Yes, I know, I should have dealt with it right away, but then I might not have noticed them anyways.

So when I pulled it out tonight I was looking at the sap that was still running down the trunk and noticed something move at the base. Upon further inspection, I found a larger one and some smaller ones climbing around in it. There seemed to be a bit of webbing around it but I don't think they are spider mites?
420 Magazine
I immediately pulled all of my plants out and inspected them and don't see anything else. I applied diamtesous earth to them all and sprayed some bug b gon on the vegging plants. I am looking for some help identifying what they are so I can better watch for them.

Wed_Dec_27_15-51-05.jpg

Wed_Dec_27_15-50-33.jpg

Wed_Dec_27_15-50-22.jpg

Wed_Dec_27_15-49-25.jpg

Looks like thirps to me.

Don't thrips typically live on the leaves and not in the soil? also these are very dark and shaped more like a beetle, not long and narrow.

If they are thrips hopefully the bug-b-gon works.

Maybe fungus gnats

Flush with h202 if not using a enzyme cleaner .

Like z7 or hydrogaurd for examples.

Also can hit them with neem oil in a spray soloution again 1/8 mix ratio 1 being the neem and 8 parts being the h20 and can add tad bit of h202. Kills germs essentially .

Best I got bud

I appreciate your replies! Helps relieve the paranoia... No immediate SUCKS TO BE YOU replies.... :thumb: LOL no, really, this is awesome. I will use the H202 mix on my next water which should probably be a no nute day anyways. I will also monitor very closely over the next couple of days and I have quarantined that pot already. Thanks again.

No problem

If anything just report back here someone usually will help figure it out .

I had an infestation of Thripes on my last grow and they looked just like those almost clear long slender bugs in KingJoe's post. The damage also looked like the leaves in the picture. They came from the soil initially then laid little pinhead size eggs that grew into those almost clear little buggers. They were a bitch and I was never able to totally eradicate them. I used neam oil, and all the things listed above. One thing that helped me keep them under control was purchasing some live lady bugs.

They tend to lay their eggs on the bottom of the leaf along the veins of the leaf. There I would see using a 15x magnifier pin head size eggs, and those almost clear narrow thrips. Also you can often see black dots (poop).

Back
Top Bottom