Droopy & curling leaves - New grower seeking help please

deepthought

Hi there, i Inherited these 3 plants, strain in Afgan apprarently.

I received them in small soil pots and they were quite messy, i gave them a clean up, taking off dry laves of the lower sten.

Got the new environment for them ready over a couple days, it's a DWN system. THe system is about 21 Gallons and is currently filled about 2 inches below the bottom of the pots.

Current readings is: water temp 69.8 ferengheit, PH is 6.5. EC=0.8 Humidity is stable around 41%
Room temp between, 69-73

They have been in the DWC system for about 3 days now.

Vege stage, 18 hours on, 4 hours off.

I moved them out of their soil pots, cleaned the roots off as much sois as i could, pretty well done, cut a few notty roots and spread them out when putting them in the clay balls pot mix.

I am using a BestVA 1200W LED light and is at the max height possible for this tent.

The tent is about 6.5 ft2

The DWC fetiliser used is Aqua Vega A + B solution for vege stage got at the local shop.:Namaste:

Appreciate any help from anyone that knows what is going on and what could be done to save these babies.:Namaste:
20171229_085427.jpg
20171229_085402.jpg

Appearance, they are a bit pale/yellow some of them, the bottom new leaves stopped turning pale/yellow and dyring, the recently new leafes at bottom are looking better but the top layers are getting droppier and droppier by the day and you can see the middle vein quite prominanently as well as the side veins for the larger trees, the smaller upper leaves look to be very cartoonish looking also with dark veins.
20171229_085427.jpg

re: Droopy & curling leaves - New grower seeking help please

Ph is way to high. Bring it to 5.9
Also bring the water up bout 1/2 inch above the bottom of net pot till the roots get into the water.
They want food bad. Nutes are locked out because ph too high and roots prob aren't in water yet.

re: Droopy & curling leaves - New grower seeking help please

Meanwhile you could feed them with a foliar spray. Right before lights on while stoma's are open

Meanwhile you could feed them with a foliar spray. Right before lights on while stoma's are open

Thnks for the help, i've got the PH lowered and it floats around 5.6-6.0

Is it normal for it to fluctuate?

Also added a bit more water to the resvoir and aftera few days they leaves are no longer dropping and are regaining a nice deep green colour with some yellowing still on the edges of each leaf, it feels like it's on the upside.

I also note the room gets a bit hot at times so i switched the day night cycles to be 'night' during the hottst period of the days

Having a read of your first dwc grow now to find some more tips.

Ph can fluctuate some over time. How fast is yours changing? How do you check it? Good ph instrument or drops?

Day 1: initial water filled, no addedtives yet: PH test: 7.7
Day 2: Added PH down, results: 6.6, 30 minutes later: 4.9, few hours later: 5.8
Day 3: PH 6.5 (replanted from soil pots into res
Day 4: Ph 6.7, added 1ml PH down > PH 6.5
Day 5: Test 1: PH 6.6, added 3ml Ph down > 6.3, Added 2ml ph down > PH 6.1. Test 2 (aprox 7 hours later > PH 5.9
Day 6: Initial test PH 6.2, added 2 ml PH down. test 2 hours after > PH 5.6, test 6 hours later PH > 5.6
Day 7: Initial test PH 6.0, added 1ml PH down
Day 8: Initial test 6.0, added 1.5ml Ph down (installed vent system on this day) testing PH later in the evening PH 5.4 (added nutes)
Day 10: PH 5.5
Day 12: PH 5.8
Day 13: PH 6.0 (started to reduce water level, from our last chats when the plants were looking droppy, added ater ad they started feeding, now seeing some roots coming out of the pot! reducing level daily to get it near bottom of pot)

Testing using "essentials PH tester" calibrated on day one with PH 7 solution.

Do these fluctuations feel normal to you? After reading your post i saw a few things i could have done better, perhaps get the water stable first and also soak the clay pebbles (unsure if they release any acid/alkaline?) and maybe give the tank it self a good clean with bleech, i just rinsed it with water and gave a general cloth

Back
Top Bottom