Burning tips with plain water

TrevSunyata6

I'm pulling my plant a bit early due to upcoming life circumstances and having some slight issues. A over a week ago I ran a gallon of extra water through my coco. Next day gave molasses water then re-upped on my microherd and gave molasses water two days more. Now I'm just giving it distilled water, I have too much drainage and need to water 1.5 quarts twice a day, any more is all runoff and if I try to do 2 quarts once a day I get a quart of runoff and leaves drying up before next watering. But for some reason I've been getting reddish brown tips with just distilled water. Everything else is going great and it's only the very tips, not like other times I got nute burn.

No advice, still seems to be getting worse, mainly on bud sites. Getting ready to just cut down to prevent it from getting too bad and affecting taste

No advice, still seems to be getting worse, mainly on bud sites. Getting ready to just cut down to prevent it from getting too bad and affecting taste

Don't worry about it IMHO, you don't smoke the tips of those leaves (well most of us don't anyway). Towards the end of it's life it will draw out nutrients it wants/needs from the "non-important" parts of the plant, as it is still trying to make a last ditch effort in getting pollinated and making seeds (as that is it's purpose in Life). Just keep giving it plain water until the end, harvesting it before it's time bad idea in my mind.

Personally I cut off the outside part of the sugar leaves, and I don't trim as tight as most folks do (especially folks growing to sell as "eye appeal" is everything then), as lots of trichs on the sugar leaves so I keep more than most on my buds when drying/curing. I have never grown in coco (didn't notice that at first, so not sure how long folks using that flush their plants at the end), there is so many variables and I"m still learning on top of that, so my advice on feeding wouldn't be applicable as it isn't soil. Just based off the number of straight white pistils I would say you easily have another week or two (or longer) to go easily IMHO. Are you checking PH and all that good stuff?

The brand of distilled water I am using comes up with a high five, almost 6, but it's kind of hard to tell with these color matching kits. Run off is testing the same and still pretty darkly colored so I'm guessing I still have nutrients. I'm thinking that when I put in the microherd and started molasses and plain water, they are making everything more available to the plant and it is burning. That's why I am still doing plain distilled water because I am just now starting to see some light lower leaves and it's been like 2 weeks since I stopped nutes.
My fiancee is due for birth want day so I don't want this plant taking up my time and stuff.

I'm going for less amber trichs any way so I'm hoping about week will do as long as she doesn't start getting too sick from nutrient hunger in that time. I'm pretty much waiting until she starts to go on a decline then cut. Would you recommend doing 24 - 48 hours dark before cutting? Or could that make her more sick?

I'm going for less amber trichs any way so I'm hoping about week will do as long as she doesn't start getting too sick from nutrient hunger in that time. I'm pretty much waiting until she starts to go on a decline then cut. Would you recommend doing 24 - 48 hours dark before cutting? Or could that make her more sick?

I don't do the dark period thing, there are some that swear by it. People make it more complicated than it needs to be IMHO, but one of them "whatever works for you" kind of things. You could cut some and then put rest in the dark and see if you could tell any difference, I"m guessing it would be hard to tell any difference but who knows, I haven't noticed any difference between stuff we have tried after it dry and same stuff cured for a month, but I still cure it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom