Need some real help! Fungus? Bad?

Freakzilla

I have a journal but not many followers so i am starting this thread for some help. I'm using happy frog soil and shorty after planting my seedlings into pots it started to show up. Now its quite a lot of it and on the pots too. Its not salt, I had only given it a nutrient watering once before i saw the first signs of it. I'd love some advise on how to deal with it.

And now some pictures.
689ad3124dbb550ffe9147995e69974e.jpg
764d7f5d9586b5590655d98c07fa202c.jpg
d4eba0135e80cdf0c9dea2aebd0a4706.jpg
c8a1a1bac062e6583570d5925c9753d9.jpg
33d08b5b95b1c791ac6c5c72391d1765.jpg
33aac288a5c6e2a8b51bdf52196b61f6.jpg
366bf51ee4352573210240364c911d3c.jpg
6db0bb1472d7fced14f3ec5ad6f6eb50.jpg
914f3b54b691b372ad53e8ea399c6edb.jpg

got a better look, looks like a fungal growth.... will help the plant.. top dress the pots with something, it will help with pests and from top drying out..

got a better look, looks like a fungal growth.... will help the plant.. top dress the pots with something, it will help with pests and from top drying out..
Thanks for the responce. It is just some much and on the outside of pot too. The happy frog sites talks about fungal growth and describes several colors to expect but none are white.

Every thing i seem to find on line talks about top dressing as a replacement for nutes. Thats not what i want.

Don't worry about it. It's just mold doing it's thing on rich substrate. It won't hurt the plant (yet) or the soil. (And its presence shows you how much organic matter is in your soil, though).

It should go away when you lower the humidity, but in any case, it wont' hurt anything now. You might want to wipe down your grow area with a sponge with some kind of disinfectant (even soap works) before flowering.

Don't worry about it. It's just mold doing it's thing on rich substrate. It won't hurt the plant (yet) or the soil. (And its presence shows you how much organic matter is in your soil, though).

It should go away when you lower the humidity, but in any case, it wont' hurt anything now. You might want to wipe down your grow area with a sponge with some kind of disinfectant (even soap works) before flowering.
Thanks for the info. I probably Will wipe very thing down seems like a good idea! you say "yet" care to expand on that part?

be sure to keep the humidity low (~40%) and air circulating.

This can't be stressed enough. I've read to many stories of this happening to some really good grows, including one of my own when we came back from a 5 day vacation only to find that the fan failed and all the main colas were full of mold. A very disappointing feeling (now he curses for all he can).
Good point for newbies and pros. + reps Sci.

This can't be stressed enough. I've read to many stories of this happening to some really good grows, including one of my own when we came back from a 5 day vacation only to find that the fan failed and all the main colas were full of mold. A very disappointing feeling (now he curses for all he can).

My biggest bud that I was so proud of had to be tossed because it was full of mold. What's funny is that the humidity was low. I think it was just so big and so dense that when the plant transpired the moisture got trapped. Better airflow probably would have helped though, I'll bet. (Yes, it's very disappointing!)

My biggest bud that I was so proud of had to be tossed because it was full of mold. What's funny is that the humidity was low. I think it was just so big and so dense that when the plant transpired the moisture got trapped. Better airflow probably would have helped though, I'll bet. (Yes, it's very disappointing!)
Thanks again I've seen some of those stories myself, I would be devastated if my first grow ended that way.
This is the journal for anyone that wants to see how it's going
Freakzilla - 1st Grow This Decade - Sour Diesel & Super OG Kush

Thanks again scientific!

Back
Top Bottom