Nute burn? Nute lockout?

Tazer79

420 Member
Hey guys!

Check out the pic below and tell me what you think. I test my runoff after feeding and the PPMs don't show these plants to be feeding as much as I think they should. So I'm thinking of flushing. My buddy says though that he thinks it's just nut burn and I should scale back a bit.

Mnohyuw.jpg

Any input appreciated!

Hey guys!

Check out the pic below and tell me what you think. I test my runoff after feeding and the PPMs don't show these plants to be feeding as much as I think they should. So I'm thinking of flushing. My buddy says though that he thinks it's just nut burn and I should scale back a bit.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Any input appreciated!
Yeah that looks like it could be nute burn alright buddy. Usually starts at the tips of the leaves and works it's way in depending how severe. Flush for 7-10 days should sort it out .

Dosent look like nute burn.... sorry it is potassium lock out or deficiency. Caused by too much salt build up or not enough potassium respectively.

Can we get more info?

Medium, ppm in, ppm out, ph, and nutrients you are using please

Dosent look like nute burn.... sorry it is potassium lock out or deficiency. Caused by too much salt build up or not enough potassium respectively.

Can we get more info?

Medium, ppm in, ppm out, ph, and nutrients you are using please

I'm using Coco, and my ppms in were around 1400 per week, but my out was over that on this plant. I'm using advanced nutrients with PH perfect.

So I'm thinking there is some combination of nute lock and burn. I ran a flush yesterday on this plant.

Question about flushing. I read about overwatering, but when you need to flush these plants, my understanding, and the way I've been doing it, is just to run water through it until the PPMs are as low as you can get them. Is overwatering not a concern when flushing, or am I doing it correctly?

I'm using Coco, and my ppms in were around 1400 per week, but my out was over that on this plant. I'm using advanced nutrients with PH perfect.

So I'm thinking there is some combination of nute lock and burn. I ran a flush yesterday on this plant.

Question about flushing. I read about overwatering, but when you need to flush these plants, my understanding, and the way I've been doing it, is just to run water through it until the PPMs are as low as you can get them. Is overwatering not a concern when flushing, or am I doing it correctly?
Your established plants in coco cannot be overwatered. Coco always retains oxygen even when the medium is full saturated. 1400 ppm is way too high. You want to be 500 700 in veg and 600 to 800 in flower. Watering at that high of ppm will ensure a salt build up and lockout without regular flushes and watering to substantial runoff.
And all that does for you is waste time money and energy.

So yes you want to flush out the coco down to a sub 300 ppm and reset your feed down to about 600. I am using AN Ph perfect myself. Always use a quarter to half the recommended doseages. You are correct that it it is likely a combination of lockout and some nute burn. It may just be nute burn at the moment but if left unfixed will without a doubt become lockout if it hasn't already.

Back
Top Bottom