First grow - Mid flowering issues - Please help!

stote256

Hey everyone, first time grower here. I'v run into a bit of an issue and i'm not sure what the problem is. I hope someone can help me out.
1/18
vrL8QT7.jpg
oqbwf2N.jpg
mUUKamO.jpg
kijuLBq.jpg
iDHO08c.jpg
gT9loa8.jpg
f7eOO7u.jpg

1/19
TprG2TW.jpg
PJuLk1y.jpg
Gda8TcK.jpg
EmyOpJh.jpg
C9mwkRH.jpg
AWHZDbd.jpg
8tWKgtx.jpg
8lkT1qc.jpg
7qBvKFn.jpg

Breakdown of the grow:

-Sleepy Yoda Autoflower advertised as ready 60 days from sprout

-Day 49 from sprout, and approx 24 days into flowering

-FF OF soil amended with approx 30% perlite in a 3 Gallon Pot

-Temp has been 65-70F at night and 72-80F during lights on.

-RH has fluctuated between 20-50%

-600w HPS with MH bulb with 18/6 cycle

-Water Ph has consistently been between 6.3 and 6.7

Using Ph up and Down to adjust Ph

Currently using FF Tiger Bloom(1t) and Big Bloom (2T) every other watering as well as Molasses (1T) and liquid Kelp (2ml) every other flush

Only two feedings during flowering so far on 1/6 and 1/14

Leaf tips burned after second feeding when nutes were increased slightly

Watering schedule has been every 3-5 days depending on temps, humidity, and how the soil feels.

Flushed on 1/18 with 6 Gallons Ph'd 6.5 Poland spring water. first 3 gallon runoff Ph read approx 5.0 and the final 3 gallons runoff was Ph 6.4

I started noticing discoloration on some of the larger fan leaves on 1/15 and it has slowly been getting worse since. I didn't want to overwater so waited until 1/18 to flush.
Hairs started turning orange as of 1/15

Noticed some slight stretching at the top of the plant within the last two days.

-Plant has started producing significantly more resin in the last week.

Light has been moved up since plant showed signs of heat stress near the top. I'm fairly sure it is no longer an issue.

You may notice some white and brown/black spots I can assure you after examining this under a microscope that this is perlite and dirt that has been kicked up by my oscillating fan and not aphids/mites.

I hope that covers all the info that might be needed to help. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if I left anything out.

I have been using filtered well water, and I do have a water softener. I have read that the salts introduced from this could potentially cause K lockout and might explain the low Ph runoff from the last flush and the discoloration. ( i have not been measuring runoff Ph consistently prior) I can't really find a lot of information about this so i'm not quite sure but the ppm of the water is fairly low. I have switched to using bottled water Ph'd to 6.5 and will continue to do so for the rest of the grow. Does this look like the result of nutrient burn or a deficiency? (or both) I would really appreciate some feedback and what can be done to correct this. I'd also like to know how much longer you think this plant may take and how much more it will fill out/ estimated yield. Thank you for taking the time to help.:thanks:

I can't seem to edit my previous post please disregard the dates as the pictures are completely out of order and the dates are wrong. Please compare the similar photos sorry for the mistake.

It's still getting progressively worse, (2 days after flush and ph correction) i am considering a light foliar spray of calmag and tigerbloom only on the affected area. Is this advisable? At this point growth appears stunted, and i'm not sure i'v got anything to lose. My thought is that the low ph has locked out a few nutrients in particular P, and Mg and possibly K although i am very inexperienced in this area. My hope is that the foliar spray will provide the needed nutrients and hopefully stop this issues progression. I will wait a bit for a reply to see if this is advisable and will update the thread tomorrow on my success or failure. Any feedback is much appreciated.

1/20

DSCN23736.JPG

I had the same-looking issues. Seemed like cal-mag type deficiency from reading on hear, so started to add cal-mag even though in soil, and problem went away. Also had yellowing problems, could be a few things, started with nitrogen and it went away.

I can confirm it was a deficiency not burn. Apparently the water I was using didn't contain much calcium or magnesium. The low ph also locked out the plants uptake of Phosphorus. Issue continued to slowly get worse after flushing. Treated with Calmag, and Bloom nutes. Issue stopped after that point. Big indicators were that it started with older leaves and spread progressively to newer growth. Phosphorus is a mobile nutrient. Affected leaves had red stems but healthy leaves had green stems. Unfortunately there was a good bit of damage done before i was able to correct the issue.

Back
Top Bottom