New guy - New setup - 1st problem?

Gilliganshigh

420 Member
Hello to all. I've taken the plunge and started with a very small setup and my goal is simple....become self sufficient with some righteous smoke.
So far all is going well with this one small exception. I transplanted to 7 gallon fabric pots 2 days ago and am starting to see little spots of hair, mold...starting to form on the surface of the soil. I realize it's too humid. I saw on youtube that it grows best between 73 degrees and 85 degrees with humidity between 50 and 70%. I have a 3x3 tent...temp-83 degrees...humidity-62%.....goes up when light goes off and I put the small 12volt computer fan on the same timer as light.
I have since opened up the venting on bottom. This has dropped my humidity level down to 48% and temp is firm at 79. Is there something else I can do and will this get rid of the beginning mold problem?

I have a 3x3 as well, so I know from the experience of my first grow(2 months in) that you hopefully have only 1-2 plants in there, especially with indica. I have 2 sativas and 1 indica in mine and 2 months in the indica is taking over big time. I'm assuming you have only the one with you transplanting to a 7 gallon pot.

Everything I have see and read is generally 40-60% with humidity. Anything over invites mold. Can't help you with getting rid of it, unfortunately. Maybe re-transplanting to new soil, and cleaning the tent? Wiping the plant down? I have a hard time getting my humidity over 30% right now, and a humidifier barely gets it over 40% while leaving white powder everywhere.

Good luck to you.

Hi and thanks for the input. I have 3 started in tent...could easily have 4 of that size container with some room to spare. Oh yea...I also have a few catnip plants growing in there for my cat. The mold has disappeared with the reduction in humidity. I found that by adjusting the size of the openings at the bottom as well as the top....i can make the humidity in there go up or down by like...25%. You are right...over 60% was to much. Now I am keeping it about 42% consistently. I have no humidifier. All I have is a small 12 volt computer fan blowing over plants. If you add a tray of water and let the fan blow over it....u can raise the humidity level fairly easy. Thanks for the reply man... I got 3 indicas...white widow....2 I'm gonna let bush until I can fill up the inside...then bud. The 3rd is gonna come out at bud time and become mom and give me some clones. It works on paper lol. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom