Help burnt tips and purplish stems on leaves

009sleepy

Hello everyone new here just looking for help from ppl who enjoy growing and getting medicated like myself.

So from the pics u can see the small burn at the leaf tip and the purple on the stems I took off the ones with bigger burn.

(Side not-I pull leaves constantly and my plants usually seem to grow twice as many in about 2 days)

Recently transplanted on 1-15 she's a clone I took before my hydro fail.

I've done a mainline run with her in soil before that came out pretty good.

Idk if this is a weaker seed or if it's because my setup is different this time.
I'm using a Meizhi 600w dual led instead of 125w CFL for veg and 300w led for flower
Advance Nutrients pH perfect jungle juice I us atlas science pH adjuster to bring it up to 6-6.2 because it's a perfect 5.5 hydro nutes.
b8e4431c13a6124c5de4ce2244fefa36.jpg

Hello everyone new here just looking for help from ppl who enjoy growing and getting medicated like myself.

So from the pics u can see the small burn at the leaf tip and the purple on the stems I took off the ones with bigger burn.

(Side not-I pull leaves constantly and my plants usually seem to grow twice as many in about 2 days)

Recently transplanted on 1-15 she's a clone I took before my hydro fail.

I've done a mainline run with her in soil before that came out pretty good.

Idk if this is a weaker seed or if it's because my setup is different this time.
I'm using a Meizhi 600w dual led instead of 125w CFL for veg and 300w led for flower
Advance Nutrients pH perfect jungle juice I us atlas science pH adjuster to bring it up to 6-6.2 because it's a perfect 5.5 hydro nutes.
b8e4431c13a6124c5de4ce2244fefa36.jpg

High 009sleepy and welcome to 420 mag!

I'm guessing and correct me someone if I'm wrong but it looks like Nute burn ''Nutrient burn'' , The yellow or brown leaf tips are caused by too-high levels of nutrients accumulating in the leaves.

When the roots take in more nutrients than a cannabis plant can use, the overabundance causes a brown or yellow "burn" on the tips of your leaves. If nutrient levels are not lowered, the burnt tips start traveling inwards and the ends of leaves start becoming crispy and twisted.

Most people who get nute burn are feeding their plants extra nutrients in the water. First off make sure you are using a quality set of nutrients that has been specifically designed for cannabis plants. Any nutrient system designed for plants like a tomato will also work in a pinch. Also make sure you are feeding nutrients for the right growth stage... for example, all cannabis nutrient systems have you feed different nutrients for the vegetative and flowering stage. If you are feeding the wrong type of nutrients for the stage your plant is in, that is an easy way to give your plants lots of nutrient problems including nutrient burn.

If you are using the wrong type of nutrients for a plant like cannabis, you will eventually run into nutrient problems, one way or another.

Many nutrient systems come with instructions to feed your plant more nutrients than most plants actually need. It's good business for the nutrient companies if you use more nutrients. However, in my experience it's a good idea to view the feeding charts that come with any nutrient system as the maximum amount of nutrients and actually start with much lower levels.

If you are growing in a handwatered system (like in soil or coco coir), flush your system with plain, pH'ed water. If you are not adding any extra nutrients in your grow, then you simply need to wait until the plant uses all the excess nutrients in the soil, after the nutes have been used up, the plant will naturally get over the nute burn (old leaves won't recover, but leaves should no longer be getting new brown or burnt tips).

Hope this helps a bit :cheer:

High 009sleepy and welcome to 420 mag!

I'm guessing and correct me someone if I'm wrong but it looks like Nute burn ''Nutrient burn'' , The yellow or brown leaf tips are caused by too-high levels of nutrients accumulating in the leaves.

When the roots take in more nutrients than a cannabis plant can use, the overabundance causes a brown or yellow "burn" on the tips of your leaves. If nutrient levels are not lowered, the burnt tips start traveling inwards and the ends of leaves start becoming crispy and twisted.

Most people who get nute burn are feeding their plants extra nutrients in the water. First off make sure you are using a quality set of nutrients that has been specifically designed for cannabis plants. Any nutrient system designed for plants like a tomato will also work in a pinch. Also make sure you are feeding nutrients for the right growth stage... for example, all cannabis nutrient systems have you feed different nutrients for the vegetative and flowering stage. If you are feeding the wrong type of nutrients for the stage your plant is in, that is an easy way to give your plants lots of nutrient problems including nutrient burn.

If you are using the wrong type of nutrients for a plant like cannabis, you will eventually run into nutrient problems, one way or another.

Many nutrient systems come with instructions to feed your plant more nutrients than most plants actually need. It's good business for the nutrient companies if you use more nutrients. However, in my experience it's a good idea to view the feeding charts that come with any nutrient system as the maximum amount of nutrients and actually start with much lower levels.

If you are growing in a handwatered system (like in soil or coco coir), flush your system with plain, pH'ed water. If you are not adding any extra nutrients in your grow, then you simply need to wait until the plant uses all the excess nutrients in the soil, after the nutes have been used up, the plant will naturally get over the nute burn (old leaves won't recover, but leaves should no longer be getting new brown or burnt tips).

Hope this helps a bit :cheer:
Thank u so much I'm going to do that tonight before my lights go out. I followed the chart using the feeding for cuttings and seedlings I'm guessing your rite about going with less then they advised.

Thanks again I'll update soon

Thank u so much I'm going to do that tonight before my lights go out. I followed the chart using the feeding for cuttings and seedlings I'm guessing your rite about going with less then they advised.

Thanks again I'll update soon

Try that and let me posted on the result :thumb:

Hope it fix your problem and that your baby girl gets big and healthy :volcano-smiley:

She looks better after the flush starting back in the nutes today, gonna trim and train soon to fix the weird stature. Thanks again
47d1975ddf098075eb62ad755b34553d.jpg

She looks good! and does't look like the damage spread that awesome! Just keep in mind not to over feed and I'm sure she will become a sexy lady ;)

No prob man I'm glad I could be of any help, this is my first time helping out someone and it feels good :tokin:

I would encourage you to follow this journals, they are great growers and they have helped me more than you can imagine!

InTheShed

InTheShed Grows Photos Inside & Out! 420 Clones & A Rooster Farms Seed

Guy Caballero

My new grow space

TheMadDabber

Themaddabber's Hempy Bucket Bathtub Grow 2017

They have helped me from LST(Low stress training) to help save my Weed plant that got Big root damage, Any question you have they will be glad to help ;)

Good luck!

Is that coco buddy And yeah if anything decrease nutrients a bit in strength this should help push out salt build ups and correct tip burn

Back
Top Bottom