Interrupting the dark cycle

MR.BLUNTZ420

what should i do if i interrupt the dark cycle of a flowering female? Is there any steps i should take to lower the risk of damage? besides interrupting the light cycle....lol
:bong:

You don’t want to do that. Never interrupt the light cycle in bud.

Whats going on with your grow that you might need to do that??

slight accident occured, didnt have my door latched all the way and when i opened my front door that vacuum effect happened and had hallway light rained down on my baby. just wanted to know how to follow up on what to do during a mishap like this.

:smokin:

Im not sure there is much you can do about it
Just keep you grow room door securely closed. Hopefully everything will be ok

All depends how long it was intill you relised it.. ive found out it takes a plant about 30 mins to relise the lights on and another 90 for it to fully be like awake and the leaves risin up... so if it was less 30 you should be fine if longer then all you can do is keep it on its scheduled 12/12 and hope for the best...maybe it would react to it as like the moon but you might be ok just make sure that doesnt happen again.

I had plants that were 4 weeks along into budding and a single exposure of 2 minutes of light during the dark cycle re-set the flowering cycle to day 1.

But if 2 minutes of light turned it hermi it was more then likely destine to happen.. and i cant believe it reset it back to day 1 you have pics of this? would love to see

No, I don't have pics, but it's true.
Ask yourself this Q:
Why would I lie?
I've also seen where the tiny red light on a power strip prevented flowering.
If you understood plant biology better, you wouldn't doubt me.

Yea i have heard of the little light preventing a plant from flowering and i do believe ya on what your saying... from it preventing it but its gotta be pretty rare for 2 mins. of light to reset the process although yea it could happen.. mines in flowering now and ive turned my light on several times during its dark period to show my cousin but never over 5 mins long and never started over.. so yea im sure your right on it can happen but Mr. Blunt never did say around how long he left the light on so how long was it blunt?

If its that short amount of time..It might affect it and it might not. Simple as that.
Ranger obviously had it happen in two minutes time, but I had a buddy growin a single plant in a small hutch that he would bring over to my house to show me. I'd be like "so what time do they go to sleep?" And he'd reply that actually the lights were supposed to be off for 'em. He repeatedly did stuff like that throughout his grow and just harvested a lovely ind-dom bagseed from brick that looks like he ordered the genetics.

I have also read and heard that plants that turn herm from minor stress like that may have had a recessive gene for resisting hermaphroditism. Some experts compare it to anything else inheritable, like resistance to disease or mold.

i do agree with you skatter thats what ive been trying to say if they turn hermi. they more then likely had the gene to.. as simple as that but best bet would be to try and keep lights off during the dark period just incase.

If you simply MUST look in on your plants during lights out, use green light.
Plants can't "see" green light.
You can use of of those "break n shake" lights kids use on Holloween. I use a $2 green led keychain flashlight.

Back
Top Bottom