Tiniest white egg clusters on leaves

Newby

Hello all,

I've got the tiniest white egg clusters and individual eggs all over fan leaves after leaving the plants outside.

Any idea what these are?? I can see them under a 10X magnifier, but not so well without magnification (and I have good eyesight)

I've been spraying weekily with neem oil which seems to get rid of them, but I am curious what they are so when flowering time comes I can deal with them. I wonder if ladybugs would be the best at eating the eggs?

Help?

tiny_white_eggs_004.jpg

tiny_white_eggs_001.jpg

Photos uploaded, waiting for approval.

Interesting side note here. In the above post I've posted the thumbnail version of the photo which shows up, but not the full size yet since it has not yet (as of this writing) been approved.

Boy, where else in the world is there such a support staff as here at 420? Within minutes of posting a problem, anyone can have accurate answers. This is too cool!

Hi Boss,

First, thank you so very much for all your help.

No, I have not seen any mites as yet, these are only tiny round eggs at the moment. They are on the tops and bottoms of all leaves. I'm rinsing them off with water and then applying neem oil today.

Are mites the most likely? Since the eggs have not hatched, the plants are completely undamaged so far. These eggs were very densely deposited in only one day outside, so I am curious what put them there.

:)

I now have actual leaf damage to show

Now I have more information - actual leaf damage. Please tell me what little bastards did this to my leaves! I'm guessing "Boss" is right and these are thrips?? Any suggestions of how to quickly kill them? I just thouroghly sprayed my plants with neem oil. I'll be neem oiling my plants twice a week from here out. I'm going to buy some permethrin spray and apply it tomorrow. Does this sound like a good plan?

leaf_damage_003.jpg

leaf_damage_001.jpg

Thank you again everyone for all your help!

Thrips are sap suckers like mites. They live on your plants juices. I've fought thrips before just like I've fought mights. Thrips are nasty because they like to live in the bud area and the shit they leave behind is buried deep in the buds sometimes. I took my USB microscope out and inspected the dried buds of my grow that was infested by thrips and what I saw made me sick. Dead bugs everywhere and their shit piles stuck all over the place. I threw the whole harvest away. I know I wouldn't make it at Fear Factor now because I wouldn't smoke what they want you to eat.lol
I used pyrethrum spray to kill the bastards. The neem oil I applied didn't faze them. I imagined the bastards were applying it like suntan oil and laying out on blankets like they were at the beach.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I've now used a pyrethrin spray. I hope this stops them dead in their tracks. Come flowertime I can switch to ladybugs and they will be efective....yes?

Back
Top Bottom