Leaves are curling down, deformed.

smoothgrow

I am watering running the pro blend botanicare line on schedule. I also have the house and garden root excelurator mixed (1.1ml a gallon). The leaves started to curl down and some are deformed. I don't know whats up they have been perfect until this.

and how do i put images into posts?

droop1.jpg

droop21.jpg

droop3.jpg

The leaves are still curling down, the color is good. One of the plants is showing some brown and yellow spots on its older growth. The are being fed twice during the light cycle for 15 minutes each feed. I am cutting this down to once as i suspect over watering. The air temperature is 75 then drops to low 60s at night. The water temp stays aroung 71. The ph is around 6 always. The solution is at around 1000 ppm. I am using RO water. I don't know whats up.

Ya i don't want to contradict you, but the temperature has never gotten above 80 and more recently it doesn't go above 75. I have a 250 watt hps on them now. The ballast is a lumatek and i have a sun systems 2 hood with 240 cfm of ventilation. Do you think it could be too much light, the glass on the reflector is 8.5 inches above the top of the plants.

The purpling on the stems means your definitely getting stress from somewhere. Maybe the nutrients? Looks like possibly too much nitrogen? Unfortunately I'm also a soil guy so I can't be sure.

I would drop the lights back to 12-18 inches, that's the optimal distance for lumen coverage no matter what set-up your running. It may help with the curling.

Does your setup require an airstone? Maybe the roots need more air. Definitely do what Boss advised, check the roots

I checked the roots they are white hairy and look really healthy. My reservoir has an air stone it. The reservoir is constantly aerating and bubbling so i don't think it is an oxygen problem. I will try and lift the lights up, thanks for the advice.

Right now i have 15 ml per gallon of 2-1.5-4.

I moved the light up to twelve inches above the plants, and reduced the feeding to once a day and the plants have responded to that. They perked up a little bit.

Ok i am about to change the reservoir to transition nutes, half bloom and half grow nutes. I will get the ppm lower. I am also going to induce flowering with a dark period then switch to 12/12. I am still not sure how long i am going to make the dark period though any recommendations? I was thinking some were in the 24-48 hours range. I know it is early for flowering, but i have no choice my closet is too short to allow them to grow any further otherwise they will be too close to the hood towards the end of flowering, also the 250 watt doesn't have the light penetration of the higher wattage lights, so tall plants might not be the best idea.

Back
Top Bottom