Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My poor seedlings are stunted and have weird leaves! Help

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My poor seedlings are stunted and have weird leaves!! Help

Quote Originally Posted by POTential View Post
    I'm talkin about Moogle's light's
    Yeah my lights are 26watt cool CFL's. They worked for my last grow and the plants seemed to grow quickly for at least a couple of sets of leaves before I threw them under a 400w HID. That's why i'm confused about this grow. Because they are the same seeds, same lamps.

But anyhow thanks everyone for your input. I'm going to move them under a 400w MH tomorrow.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seesinthedark View Post
    I dont know if Iam allowed to tell you this on these forums here but here goes, try buying a t-ho5/28. This floro is 2 ft. wide by 2 ft long. Total amount of bulbs is 8x4000lumens=32,000 lumens total. If you use 6 t-6500 bulbs and two 3000 bulbs (RED LIGHT) you will have a balance of sunlight. This will veg up to four plants in a area up to 4x4x7ft. It seem from your posts that you need to build a complte system before you start growing. You will first need light then air in and air out of the area. Then you will need a grow system that you will after time know by the back of your hand. Then your nunts, and most of all what type of strain to grow. But first build a seedlines area then a mothers area then veg, then finnaly the flower room. If anything TAKE YOUR TIME, and DONT half ass rig anything do it right or wait untill you can, this alone will help in understanding your system that you will end up with.Let us know how it turn out? peace.
    Yeah i have a pretty good plan for my plants. I always start 'em under the 26t watt CFL's and then move them under a 400. I have a grow tent with carbon filter and hydro fan. So I have a good setup to move them too. Normally from my very limited experience I see more growth before I put them under the HID. But i'll keep you guys updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think I have a shot of 430 watts worth of cfls :-)

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my plants still have no new growth really. They are still working on getting their second set of true leaves out and are starting to discolor. They are turning a little yellowish brown. Anyhow I'm giving up on these guys and sprouting some new seeds.

My hypothesis is that the old soil I used may have not had enough nutrients because they started growth really well but then slowed and eventually died. So for my next grow I'm using brand new Ocean forest and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like it may have burned them, but pics would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POTential View Post
    my bad as well!
    you / we still need to remember that they are a weed ...... but the more involved you get ..more you have to pay attention !!!!all the reports you have got have been right ,at some level . but looking at your pics .... you haven't fucked up to bad .... take a little from all,,..lite is important but not to strong .. an 80 watt or 250 watt is plenty ...you know from your own experience that it worked before ... over water seems the strongest thing pointing to the stop in growth .. after many years ,I to have had this happen ... air flow will help . but at 2 weeks they should not need/may help a little but you problem started before... with out seeing in person .. realy you have to try all .... but change one thing at a time in moderation .. be patient !!!!! youll be a better grower for it .....cheers trentos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12