yellowing of leaves. my only baby left is it ok?

Marley Man

Here is a picture of the only one left of 5 from my dwc setup. Either ph or bad tap water killed the rest. put it into a new 5 gallon DWC system a day ago. Now looks like this:

temps: 77 F
light: 400w mh 3 feet away
humidity: 40%
distilled water, no nutrients
10 days after germed seeds planted.

5-21whatswrong.JPG

5-21c.JPG

ph5-21.JPG

I know the cotelydon leaves are supposed to die, but this early? and the tips of new growths are just the slightest yellow. What should I do?

ph looks a little high. That liquid has a greenish tint to it, pushing it up to 6.5 maybe even 7. If anything it should have an orange tint that would be closer to 5.5-6. Red would be too low.

Did you soak those rockwool cubes in anything?

yes the rockwool cubes were soaked in a ph of 5.5 (as close as we could get it to the marker at least) for 24 hours.

water was not run through the rockwool though. I read a day ago that they should be run through with water to wash it out.

Start earlier, I think your seedling is hungry. Start on 50% veg ferts and work up. A dilute fish emulsion and sea tea foliar spray will help. Drop your lights a bit as well.

OK. I have pure blend pro grow and bloom. So I guess I will just do half strength of what it says on the bottle. Thanks very much for the info

OK. I have pure blend pro grow and bloom. So I guess I will just do half strength of what it says on the bottle. Thanks very much for the info
The baby is stressed and has gone through hell. Id start with a 1/4 strength. If it was 100% healthy it might handle the 50% strength but it's not and too strong a soulution will further shock instead of help.
All rockwool needs to be pre treated with 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutrients before use. I do it by pre saoking the cubes with a 1/4 strength dose of nutes in a PH of 5.5. Nothing ever needs to be rinsed out either. To do so would wash out the nutes. Rockwool has no natural nutrients and the seedlings need something to feed on from the start.
You really need to read up on hydroponics. Especially info on your specific choices of mediums which are rockwool and expanded clay balls and your choice of systems which is DWC also called bubblers.

The baby is stressed and has gone through hell. Id start with a 1/4 strength. If it was 100% healthy it might handle the 50% strength but it's not and too strong a soulution will further shock instead of help.
All rockwool needs to be pre treated with 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutrients before use. I do it by pre saoking the cubes with a 1/4 strength dose of nutes in a PH of 5.5. Nothing ever needs to be rinsed out either. To do so would wash out the nutes. Rockwool has no natural nutrients and the seedlings need something to feed on from the start.
You really need to read up on hydroponics. Especially info on your specific choices of mediums which are rockwool and expanded clay balls and your choice of systems which is DWC also called bubblers.

Thanks for the info, I read somewhere that said they should be rinsed before soaking but seems its not necessary. I also read the hydroton also needed to be pretreated, which I also did. hopefully that is not what is hurting it (just found one site saying it didnt need to be treated)
your help is much appreciated race! thanks a bunch.

if you don't mind me asking, I could never find a real answer for the watering of the seedling. since the water is just a little below the cube, it must be splashing it constantly. Could that be causing over watering?

Back
Top Bottom