Algae on rockwool

Malfunktion

2 weeks into my top feed hydro grow. Having comp issues so will post a full grow journal with pics asap. In the meantime I have noticed significant algae growth on my rockwool cubes. So bad to the point where my plants are suffering from what I believe a nute defeciency. Leaves are very droopy and starting to yellow and wilt away. Green algae growth on my rockwool is spreading quickly and I think getting into my root system. What is the best remedy I can give my plants before its to late?
plz help. Thanx,

Mal

Algae is a plant... it's hard to kill it with chemicals with out hurting your plant. But if you take the light away it will die. I don't know exactly how your set up, but if you look at the top of these buckets you'll see some coco mat I've cut to fit. It's light enough to sit on top of the drip ring, keeps the light off the medium, and it breathes.

Mommas_XXXOG_and_Afgooey.jpg

When the plant gets big enough the the canopy blocks light it won't be such a problem anymore.

Until then, try foliar feeding with some sea weed extract (N) algae eats nitro for breakfast lunch and dinner... it's taking your plants food. Foliar will let you feed yer baby with out feeding the algae.

Use clean water if you can, distilled or reverse osmosis is best. If your storing water, try and store it away from the light so algae doesn't get started before you even introduce it.

thanx a ton HeadMed on the good advice i just picked up some supplies from the hydro store and will incorporate your method using coco matting. will keep you posted on how things turn out.

Mal

Back
Top Bottom