My leaves are twisting

teamgilly

these are white widow in fox farm ocean forest soil and using foxfarm big grow fert. they are 33 days old. this is my first grow and i just barly bought some ph down to dial in my water. i phed to 6.5 and now my plants are twisting. they look pretty good on top but on the bottom the leaves are yellow. please help. is this not the right ph level?

twist4.jpg

twist1.jpg

twist6.jpg

twist5.jpg

twist2.jpg

these are white widow in fox farm ocean forest soil and using foxfarm big grow fert.
ok How big are the pots? How tall are the plants?
Where is your water from/ Tap?

Twist of the leaves is not a problem here, I have all type of twisty leaves, there cool. But the yellowing I see in FFOF mix is what needs looked into.

What type of lighting are you using?

Where in this 33 days did you start feeding them with FFGB?

the pots are five inch peat pots. the plants range from 4 to 5 inches. i have been using tap water. i am using a t5 light. and i started feeding them about 15 or 17 days ago. first i fert then when they are dry a couple of days later i water. back and forth like that. i think the yellow leave are from befor when i over ferted them about 12 days ago?

your plants look really healthy pick off all those yellowed lower leaves and the ones you burned with ferts they will have a splashshaped brown area and the rest of it looksok

change your water fert cycle to 2or 3 water than 1 fert so you don't overfeed when you mix ferts up add an extra cup of water at the end that is not part of your original volume receipe add a pinch of citric acid [dry popwder] or a teaspoon of lemon juice the citric acid aids in absorbing nutes etc they call it asticking agent in ag industry helps with nute, pesticides and fungicides when spraying but any how do that citric acid extras1 time a month
as to how you feed university ag studies show that feeding when the soil is moist but not saturated has better nute retention
than feeding dry soil pour a cup or so plain water in your pot and come back after you burn one to feed .... i use 3-5 gallon buckets soil but your volume will be less with little pots

youy are better offf mixing nutes weaker [with more water] less chance of screwing up from nutrient burn

but your plants look good overall

if your leaves are twisting after they are not in that top inch or so of new growth when they have gotten to be a darker green
and are realdark green and curling under you may have too much
nitrogen

hey guys i need some help

my leaves are turnig dry and leathery and the sides are curling upwards and the last few days i have noticed some yellowing on the tips i use tap water and i have no co2 in the grow tent

hey guys i need some help

my leaves are turnig dry and leathery and the sides are curling upwards and the last few days i have noticed some yellowing on the tips i use tap water and i have no co2 in the grow tent

try briging your ph down to around 6.o some plants like lower phs. Also dilute your nutes too. It may be nute burn that you are seeing. The curling i have seen before. If teh get "claw leafs" then its the ph. If teh lower part of the plant is dieing and the new growth is fine it may be nute burn. If its the tops of the plants and no new growth or minimal growth with yellow leathery leavs it may be getting too hot because teh light is too close.
get them into bigger pots, roots need space too. Hope this helps

10 years late but whatever. The answer to your question is either heat or evap problem as far as the edges curving up. My plants did it as well. I lowered the heat, raised humidity to 38% from 30% and added some potassium, and cal mag. Potassium and I think mag (not to sure) help plants persperate to cool off. Hope this helps someone out there.

Back
Top Bottom