Plants Dieing When Switching To Flower?

phillipb

:yummy: just like the title says.... i've been veg'ing for 3-4 weeks now, and finally think im ready for flowering, so this morning i cleaned out resivor and added new water with flowering nutes. but winthin 1-2 hrs of flowering, 2-3 of my best babies are beging to wilt/die fast... what is wrong?? all chemicals are balanced and everything seemed to be fine. any sugestions on what is going wrong? for now i put them back in veg, untill i figure out what is wrong. ANY advice will help, thank you.

Re: Plants Dieing When Switching To Flower???

HYDRO GROW

Strain - OG & Butter Kush
# of Plants - 18
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Flower
Setup - BC Northern Lights Producer
Light - 2 440W HPS
Nutrients - Canna Aqua Vega/Flora
Medium - Rockwool
PPM - 1000
PH - 5.7
Room Temperature -78 to 84
Pests - None Known

hay phill. check your p.h. sounds like your p.h is off :bitingnails::bitingnails: try to put your p.h. to 6.2-6.5 that should do the trick. good luck bro.:passitleft:

HYDRO GROW

Strain - OG & Butter Kush
# of Plants - 18
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Flower
Setup - BC Northern Lights Producer
Light - 2 440W HPS
Nutrients - Canna Aqua Vega/Flora
Medium - Rockwool
PPM - 1000
PH - 5.7
Room Temperature -78 to 84
Pests - None Known

pH is great but they might be experiencing shock and the high room temps aren't helping any.

What are your nute temps like?

If they're much over 70 the O2 level is likely low in your nutes. PPM is pretty high for starting to flower. Suck half out, save it for later but top up with RO water to reduce ppm. Blow a few bubbles in the fresh water to up the O2 and maybe add an airstone in your reservoir if you don't have one going already.

Hang on tight. It's a bumpy ride.

If your resivior temps mirror your room temps, you've probably got root rot due to high temps keeping the water from retaining o2.

If your issue may be heat related, I'd suggest the following...

1. drop your temps. Suggested res temp are around 60f to 70f.
2. find an effective way to get air into the roots. Either mechanically (airstones) or chemically (h2o2). If you add airstones, you'll probably need to find a way to mount a small airstone inside the root ball (depending on root ball density).
3. If you can't quickly correct the problem, consider pulling them from the tank and gently planting them in soil. You should probably try to flush them with a cleaning agent (perhaps clearex). If you decide to move them to soil, the sooner the better since ongoing root damage may be occuring.

I've SOOOOOOO been down this path.
Best of luck!

Cheers

I just peeked back at my first hydro grow. Bagseed Grow - TD Hydro under LED's
It sure sounds like your case.... everything fine in veg, then big PH issues in flowering. On the second page of the post, I actually put up some hard numbers... you might want to compare.

One contributing factor I'd like to mention.... the start of flowering coincided with a general rise in the temps of my growing area. While I don't know what temps your grow area have been... it's that time of year... has your room been much warmer than the previous months? If so, this would be another indicator of temp issues.

I wish you luck and send you much sympathy. I'm not the most experienced hydro grower, but I sure have learned some evil lessons... and I hope you don't have to learn them the same way.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom