Please Sign - Help Our Veterans! Deadline October 25, 2011!

Lusi

I don't know if this is out here yet, or where to put it. We need 850 more signatures by October 25! Plz, it's the only thing out there to help PTSD. Whether you agree with the war or not, these discarded soldiers need our help. This is from a trusted source, VMCA!

Only 862 more signatures needed for Veterans medical marijuana petition.

Please assist Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access in reaching our
goal of 5000 signatures by 25 October. Time is quickly running out!

We already have 4,138 signatures and are only 862 short of our goal.

Once we have reached our goal this petition will automatically be sent
to the White House for an obligatory answer and we will be using this
to kick off a series of actions designed to bring negative attention to
the recent federal escalation against medical marijuana. Your help is
a significant piece of that puzzle. We need you to sign and get as
many others to sign as possible.

As the leader of Veterans For Medical Cannabis
Access [VMCA] I helped the VA create a medical marijuana policy that
respects the rights of disabled Veterans using this important
medicine per state
laws. That policy has been made to look like a cruel joke given the latest
actions of this presidential administration.

In response to the actions of the president our
organization has crafted a petition that we have placed on the new White House

"Allow United States Disabled Military Veterans access to medical marijuana."

The fact that a Veteran in New Mexico can use cannabis legally for PTSd but
a similar Veteran in Florida will not only face arrest by state
police for using
the same medicine but face punishment at the VA
hospital as well is wrong. It is illogical. It is not the practice
of medicine it
is the practice of politics on the wounded and it is shameful and it must end.

Michael Krawitz is a Disabled United States Air Force Sergeant
and Executive Director of Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access.

><><

Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access
3551 Flatwoods Road - Elliston, Virginia 24087 -- 540-365-2141 --
"Michael" << mailto: miguet@infionline.net

Re: Plz sign, help our veterans! 25Oct deadline!!

Thank you!! We have 3 days, plz pass this on it you can. We're hitting the fed govt from many sides. :) Funny, the VA is the fed govt and they approve medMJ for vets in MJ states. Disagreement within the govt will work in our favor, I hope.:cheer:

Success!!

Hooray!

Here's what's next, from VCMA:

:cheer:

Success Alert:

0 more signatures needed for Veterans medical marijuana petition!!

Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access has reached our
goal of 5000 signatures by 25 October!

Thank you so much to all the dedicated activists who sent and resent
the many emails, phone calls and Twitter posts on this petition.

It was intensely close with only hours to spare that we made our 5000
goal.

Now the White House will respond and we will use this successful
petition to launch our next round of actions designed to bring about
safe access to medical cannabis for Veterans.

It is our sincere hope that our work for Veterans access to medical grade cannabis will help all
patients access this important medicine and perhaps if we are really
lucky help to set better doctor patient relationship practices.

Thanks again!
Michael

Michael Krawitz is a Disabled United States Air Force Sergeant
and Executive Director of Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access.

><><

3551 Flatwoods Road - Elliston, Virginia 24087 -- 540-365-2141 --
"Michael" <<mailto: miguet@infionline.net

veteransformedicalmarijuana.org/:

A Few PTSD Facts

I have a very helpful reply about PTSD from my Doc.: (I forgot to ask if I could quote him)

PTSD is a syndrome (collection of symptoms) that varies so much from person to person, and traumatic event to event.

For some, anxiety will be the main symptoms; for others insomnia, or anger.

And since most medicines don't cure, but reduce symptoms, there are benefits to pharmaceuticals for some symptoms
Plus cannabis is SO varied, that it becomes so important to know the strain, method of use, etc
So I wouldn't discount pharmaceuticals completely, when a certain combination might be synergistic.

I know one person who uses cannabis when he can't sleep. It doesn't make him sleepy, but it changes the channel in his head so he can think about other things than what fear his mind drifts into before he falls asleep.

Anyway, when you are treating PTSD with anxiety, depression, insomnia, it nice if one medicine helps all, but it's not everybody's medicine, or at least not all the time, in my opinion.
And for some, it's the only things that keeps them balanced.
Tod called it an "easement", easing you towards stability.
But again, it's not everybody's medicine, all the time, just as an SSRI like Prozac isn't for everyone, but is life-saving for others.​

Got this e mail from the white house yesterday

What We Have to Say About Legalizing Marijuana

By Gil Kerlikowske, Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy

When the President took office, he directed all of his policymakers to develop policies based on science and research, not ideology or politics. So our concern about marijuana is based on what the science tells us about the drug's effects.

According to scientists at the National Institutes of Health- the world's largest source of drug abuse research - marijuana use is associated with addiction, respiratory disease, and cognitive impairment. We know from an array of treatment admission information and Federal data that marijuana use is a significant source for voluntary drug treatment admissions and visits to emergency rooms. Studies also reveal that marijuana potency has almost tripled over the past 20 years, raising serious concerns about what this means for public health — especially among young people who use the drug because research shows their brains continue to develop well into their 20's. Simply put, it is not a benign drug.

Like many, we are interested in the potential marijuana may have in providing relief to individuals diagnosed with certain serious illnesses. That is why we ardently support ongoing research into determining what components of the marijuana plant can be used as medicine. To date, however, neither the FDA nor the Institute of Medicine have found smoked marijuana to meet the modern standard for safe or effective medicine for any condition.

As a former police chief, I recognize we are not going to arrest our way out of the problem. We also recognize that legalizing marijuana would not provide the answer to any of the health, social, youth education, criminal justice, and community quality of life challenges associated with drug use.

That is why the President's National Drug Control Strategy is balanced and comprehensive, emphasizing prevention and treatment while at the same time supporting innovative law enforcement efforts that protect public safety and disrupt the supply of drugs entering our communities. Preventing drug use is the most cost-effective way to reduce drug use and its consequences in America. And, as we've seen in our work through community coalitions across the country, this approach works in making communities healthier and safer. We're also focused on expanding access to drug treatment for addicts. Treatment works. In fact, millions of Americans are in successful recovery for drug and alcoholism today. And through our work with innovative drug courts across the Nation, we are improving our criminal justice system to divert non-violent offenders into treatment.

Our commitment to a balanced approach to drug control is real. This last fiscal year alone, the Federal Government spent over $10 billion on drug education and treatment programs compared to just over $9 billion on drug related law enforcement in the U.S.

Thank you for making your voice heard. I encourage you to take a moment to read about the President's approach to drug control to learn more.

Resources:

National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
Marijuana Facts (ONDCP)
Drug Abuse Warning Network (HHS)
Treatment Episode Data Set (HHS)
National Survey on Drug Use and Health (HHS)
Check out this response on We the People.

Well, at least they are supposedly researching it.... This whole thing is just absurd! There has been a lot of research into the medicinal benefits of Cannabis, but this article seemsmto address only the legalization of cannabis for all, or did I miss something? I believe that people who are looking for an effect from any drug of any sort will start with alcohol and cigarettes, then to pot and whatever is in the medicine cabinet, and move on up the chain until they fry their bodies up and it all ends. In that case, aren't alcohol and cigarretees gateway drugs, what about mouthwash and cough syrup? If people want to abuse or overuse a substance, the law will not matter and they will find it one way or another. The more you tell someone not to do something, the more some people might wonder what the big deal is and try it.

Notice the article says neither the FDA or IofM have found "SMOKED marijuana" to meet safety or medicinal use. I find this wording very suspicious, almost a trick that most people wouldn't notice. I would bet that vaporized or edible Cannabis has been found to have benefits, but it's my guess this wording was intentional. I thought the FDA and IM weren't really researching something they won't be able to make money off of. If they said oh yes it helps this,or that, then they get little income to make up all the funds lost from their research. That's just my opinion too. :))

Personally, I don't think the US is ready for legalizing MJ. There is very very much work to be done in regulations and laws, and more before this is wise. Decriminalizing it, yes, plz do. Medical use, yes.... Cross those bridges before pushing the last. People whom want it will get it either way. In a lot of Europe, you can have an ounce with no problems, but look at their liberal digesters and alcohol laws. They are more in line to take this legalization step. You can buy cigarettes in machines on every street corner. Alcohol is legal for all ages and neither are considered a big deal, not a coming of age ritual these are in the US. I don't remember seeing many drunk driving accidents at all, just some public drunkeness. When you are allowed to have something any time you want, it isn't such a big deal.

My own experience with the heaviest narcotics out there, the side effects these give me are much much much less than Cannabis. I'm sire it's doing damage somewhere, but my doctor told me these particular narcotics have no long term side effects or damage, and neither does cannabis. The lower narcotics with added things like Tull al are another story. Still, cannabis effects my thinking, concentration, movement, everything and the fog lasts until it wears off. I don't know if in time these side effects will go away with tolerance. cannabis makes me mouth and eyes drier than my narcotics. I wake often to rehydrated. I don't particularly enjoy feeling stoned or high, but again narcotics have never done this to me, not even the first time. OK, an IV does, but not pills and patches. Long term, despite what my doctor says, I still am concerned. I do worry about frying brain cells and hate that stupid feeling. I have many people around me who have used MJ frequently their whole lives. Their ability to think and communicate clearly stands out. How else can I essay identify other Cannabis users after just a short conversation with a stranger? This is not meaning someone currently under the influence, but someone who uses it. I think most people know what I mean. That bothers me... I'm I that easily identified too? Unless I tell people about the narcotics or they know me, I didn't feel like I stuck out so much as a medicated person. All these risks, known or not, make taking any medication or herb a serious decision. Personally, I want to know if this is or will effect me long term. I've decided the risk is worth it and will keep at it until I I find a reason not to. Time will tell. Another thing that disturbs me is that k now rely on this each night to sleep. Could that turn into addiction? Not sure, i've never been addicted, not even to my pain killers. It was nice to see that written in my medical evaluation at least... But I'm not sure how I'd know if I am or not. ?!

I believe no one, politician, doctor, or whoever, can truthfully say Cannabis has no medicinal benefit. My using words liked "smoked" they can get away with it perhaps, but even then two key ailments pop out in bright lights... Cancer and PTSD. I guarantee it the press has his wife suffering a painful death from cancer, he'd be out there trying anything that helped, especially Cannabis. Hmpf Of course p statements containing always or never are seldom accurate. Lol

He'll, I haven't had any yet today and can't seem to think in a straight line....

Hope this made sense.... Haven't been able to sleep for 48 hours, not matter what I take for it. :/(

Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts

I think I posted the link to this... I find it extremely helpful and trust the doctor who's website this is on! I'd believe this doctor to have his medical facts a bit straighter than a politician. This info is more than 10 years old, but it's worth reading!! Here's the direct link:

DrFrankLucido.com - Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts

Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts

Republished with expressed permission from:
Lynn Zimmer Ph.D.
John P. Morgan MD
The Lindesmith Center, 1997
Phone 800-444-2524, $13.95

Myth #1
Marijuana's harms have been proved scientifically. In the 1960s and
1970s, many people believed that marijuana was harmless. Today we
know that marijuana is much more dangerous than previously
believed.

Fact:
In 1972, after reviewing the scientific evidence, the National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse concluded that while marijuana was not entirely safe, its dangers had been grossly overstated. Since then, researchers have conducted thousands of studies of humans, animals, and cell cultures. None reveal any findings dramatically different from those described by the National Commission in 1972. In 1995, based on thirty years of scientific research, editors of the British medical journal Lancet concluded that 'the smoking of cannabis, even long term, is not harmful to health.'

Myth #2
Marijuana has no medicinal value. Safer, more effective drugs are
available, including a synthetic version of THC, marijuana's primary
active ingredient, which is marketed in the United States under the
name Marinol.

Fact:
Marijuana has been shown to be effective in reducing nausea induced by cancer chemotherapy, stimulating appetite in AIDS patients, and reducing intraocular pressure in people with glaucoma. There is also appreciable evidence that marijuana reduces muscle spasticity in patients with neurological disorders. A synthetic THC capsule is available by prescription, but it is not as effective as smoked marijuana for many patients. Pure THC may also produce more unpleasant psychoactive side effects than smoked marijuana. Many people use marijuana as a medicine today, despite its illegality. In doing so, they risk arrest and imprisonment.

Myth #3
Marijuana is highly addictive. Long-term marijuana users experience
physical dependence and withdrawal, and often need professional
drug treatment to break their marijuana habits.

Fact:
Most people who smoke marijuana smoke it only occasionally. A small minority of Americans - less than 1 percent - smoke marijuana on a daily or near daily basis. An even smaller minority develop dependence on marijuana. Some people who smoke marijuana heavily and frequently stop without difficulty. Others seek help from drug treatment professionals. Marijuana does not cause physical dependence. If people experience withdrawal symptoms at all, they are remarkably mild.

Myth #3
Marijuana is highly addictive. Long-term marijuana users experience
physical dependence and withdrawal, and often need professional
drug treatment to break their marijuana habits.

Fact:
Most people who smoke marijuana smoke it only occasionally. A small minority of Americans - less than 1 percent - smoke marijuana on a daily or near daily basis. An even smaller minority develop dependence on marijuana. Some people who smoke marijuana heavily and frequently stop without difficulty. Others seek help from drug treatment professionals. Marijuana does not cause physical dependence. If people experience withdrawal symptoms at all, they are remarkably mild.

Myth #4
Marijuana is a gateway drug. Even if marijuana itself causes minimal
harm, it is a dangerous substance because it leads to the use of
'harder drugs' like heroin, LSD, and cocaine.

Fact:
Marijuana does not cause people to use hard drugs. What the gateway theory presents as a causal explanation is a statistical association between common and uncommon drugs, an association that changes over time as different drugs increase and decrease in prevalence. Marijuana is the most popular illegal drug in the United States today. Therefore, people who have used less popular drugs, such as heroin, cocaine, and LSD, are likely to have also used marijuana. Most marijuana users never use any other illegal drug. Indeed, for the large majority of people, marijuana is a terminus rather than a gateway drug.

Myth #5
Marijuana offenses are not severely punished. Few marijuana law
violators are arrested and hardly anyone goes to prison. This lenient
treatment is responsible for marijuana's continued availability and
use.

Fact:
Marijuana arrests in the united states doubled between 1991 and 1995. In 1995, more than one-half-million people were arrested for marijuana offenses. Eighty-six percent of them were arrested for marijuana possession. Tens of thousands of people are now in prison for marijuana offenses. An even greater number are punished with probation, fines, and civil sanctions, including having their property seized, their driver's licenses revoked, and their employment terminated. Despite these civil and criminal sanctions, marijuana continues to be readily available and widely used.'

Myth #6
Marijuana policy in the Netherlands is a failure. Dutch law, which allows marijuana to be bought, sold, and used openly, has resulted in increasing rates of marijuana use, particularly among youth.

Fact:
The Netherlands' drug policy is the most nonpunitive in Europe. For more than twenty years, Dutch citizens over age eighteen have been permitted to buy and use cannabis (marijuana and hashish) in government-regulated coffee shops. This policy has not resulted in dramatically escalating cannabis use. For most age groups, rates of marijuana use in the Netherlands are similar to those in the United Sates. However, for young adolescents, rates of marijuana use are lower in the Netherlands than in the United States. The Dutch people overwhelmingly approve of current cannabis policy, which seeks to normalize rather than dramatize cannabis use. The Dutch government occasionally revises existing policy, but it remains committed to decriminalization.

Myth #7
Marijuana kills brain cells. Used over time, marijuana permanently alters brain structure and function, causing memory loss, cognitive impairment, personality deterioration, and reduced productivity.

Facts:
None of the medical tests currently used to detect brain damage in humans have found harm from marijuana, even from long-term high-dose use. An early study reported brain damage in rhesus monkeys after six months' exposure to high concentrations of marijuana smoke. In a recent more carefully conducted study, researchers found no evidence of brain abnormality in monkeys that were forced to inhale the equivalent of four to five marijuana cigarettes every day for a year. The claim that marijuana kills brain cells is based on a speculative report dating back a quarter of a century that has never been supported by any scientific study.

Myth #8
Marijuana causes an amotivational syndrome. Marijuana makes users passive, apathetic, and disinterested in the future. Students who use marijuana become underachievers, and workers who use marijuana become unproductive.

Fact:
For twenty-five years, researchers have searched for a marijuana-induced amotivational syndrome and have failed to find it. People who are intoxicated constantly, regardless of the drug, are unlikely to be productive members of society. There is nothing about marijuana specifically that causes people to lose drive and ambition. In laboratory studies, subjects given high doses of marijuana for several days or several weeks exhibit no decrease in work motivation or productivity. Among working adults, marijuana users tend to earn higher wages than nonusers do. College students who use marijuana have the same grades as nonusers. Among high school students, heavy marijuana use is associated with school failure, but school failure usually comes first.

Myth #9
Marijuana impairs memory and cognition. Under the influence of marijuana, people are unable to think rationally and intelligently. Chronic marijuana use causes permanent mental impairment.

Fact:
Marijuana produces immediate, temporary changes in thought, perceptions, and information processing. The cognitive process most clearly affected by marijuana is short-term memory. In laboratory studies, subjects under the influence of marijuana have no trouble remembering things they learned previously. However, they display diminished capacity to learn and recall new information. This diminishment only lasts for the duration of intoxication. There is no convincing evidence that heavy long-term marijuana use permanently impairs memory or other cognitive functions.

Myth #10
Marijuana can cause permanent mental illness. Among adolescents, even occasional marijuana use may cause psychological damage. During intoxication, marijuana users become irrational and often behave erratically.

Fact:
There is no convincing scientific evidence that marijuana causes psychological damage or mental illness in either teenagers or adults. Some marijuana users experience psychological distress following marijuana ingestion, which may include feelings of panic, anxiety, and paranoia. Such experiences can be frightening, but the effects are temporary. With very large doses, marijuana can cause a temporary toxic psychosis. This occurs rarely, and almost always when marijuana is eaten rather than smoked. Marijuana does not cause profound changes in people's behavior.

Myth #11
Marijuana causes crime. Marijuana users commit more property offenses that nonusers. Under the influence of marijuana, people become irrational, aggressive, and violent.

Fact:
Every serious scholar and government commission examining the relationship between marijuana use and crime has reached the same conclusion: marijuana does not cause crime. The vast majority of marijuana users do not commit crimes other than the crime of possessing marijuana. Among marijuana users who do commit crimes, marijuana plays no causal role. Almost all human and animal studies show that marijuana decreases rather than increases aggression.

Myth #12
Marijuana interferes with male and female sex hormones. In both men and women marijuana can cause infertility. Marijuana retards sexual development in adolescents. It produces feminine characteristics in males and masculine characteristics in females.

Fact:
There is no evidence that marijuana causes infertility in men or women. In animal studies, high doses of THC diminish the production of some sex hormones and can impair reproduction. However, most studies of humans have found that marijuana has no impact on sex hormones. In those studies showing an impact, it is modest, temporary, and of no apparent consequence for reproduction. There is no scientific evidence that marijuana delays adolescent sexual development, has a feminizing effect on males, or a masculinizing effect on females.

Myth #13
Marijuana use during pregnancy damages the fetus. Prenatal marijuana exposure causes birth defects in babies and, as they grow older, developmental problems. The health and well-being of the next generation is threatened by marijuana use by pregnant women.

Fact:
Studies of newborns, infants, and children show no consistent physical, developmental, or cognitive deficits related to prenatal marijuana exposure. Marijuana has no reliable impact on birth size, length of gestation, neurological development, or the occurrence of physical abnormalities. The administration of hundreds of tests to older children has revealed only minor differences between the offspring of marijuana users and nonusers, and some are positive rather than negative. Two unconfirmed case control studies identified prenatal marijuana exposure as one of many factors statistically associated with childhood cancer. Given other available evidence, it is highly unlikely that marijuana causes cancer in children.

Myth #14
Marijuana use impairs the immune system. Marijuana users are at increased risk of infection, including from HIV. AIDS patients are particularly vulnerable to marijuana's immunopathic effects because their immune systems are already suppressed.

Fact:
There is no evidence that marijuana users are more susceptible to infections than nonusers. Nor is there evidence that marijuana lowers users' resistance to sexually transmitted diseases. Early studies which showed decreased immune function in cells taken from marijuana users have since been disproved. Animals given extremely large doses of THC and exposed to a virus have higher rates of infection. Such studies have little relevance to humans. Even among people with existing immune disorder, such as AIDS, marijuana use appears to be relatively safe. However, the recent finding of an association between tobacco smoking and lung infection in AIDS patients warrants further research into possible harm from marijuana smoking in immune-suppressed persons.

Myth #15
Marijuana is more damaging to the lungs that tobacco. Marijuana smokers are at high risk of developing lung cancer, bronchitis, and emphysema.

Fact:
Moderate smoking of marijuana appears to pose minimal danger to the lungs. Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains a number of irritants and carcinogens. But marijuana users typically smoke much less often than tobacco smokers and, over time, inhale much less smoke. As a result, the risk of serious lung damage should be lower in marijuana smokers. There have been no reports of lung cancer related solely to marijuana. However, because researchers have found precancerous changes in cells taken from the lungs of heavy marijuana smokers, the possibility of lung cancer from marijuana cannot be ruled out. Unlike heavy tobacco smoker, heavy marijuana smokers exhibit no obstruction of the lungs small airways. This indicates that people will not develop emphysema from smoking marijuana.

Myth #16
Marijuana's active ingredient, THC, gets trapped in body fat. Because THC is released from fat cells slowly, psychoactive effects may last for days or weeks following use, THC's long persistence in the body damages organs that are high in fat content, the brain in particular.

Fact:
Many active drugs enter the body's fat cells. What is different (but not unique) about THC is that it EXITS fat cells slowly. As a result, traces of marijuana can be found in the body for days or weeks following ingestion. However, within a few hours of smoking marijuana, the amount of THC in the bran falls below the concentration required for detectable psychoactivity. The fat cells I which THC lingers are not harmed by the drug's presence, not is the brain or other organs. The most important consequence of marijuana's slow excretion is that it can be detected in blood, urine, and tissue long after it is used, and long after it's psychoactitvity has ended.

Myth #17
Marijuana use is a major cause of highway accidents. Like alcohol, marijuana impairs psychomotor functions and decreases driving ability. If marijuana use increases, an increase in traffic fatalities is inevitable.

Fact:
There is no compelling evidence that marijuana contributes substantially to traffic accidents and fatalities. At some doses, marijuana affects perceptions and psychomotor performance--changes which could impair driving ability. However, in driving studies, marijuana produces little or no car-handling impairment--consistently less that that produced by low to moderate doses of alcohol and many legal medications. In contrast to alcohol, which tends to increase risky driving practice, marijuana tends to make subjects more cautious. Surveys of fatally injured drivers show that when THC is detected in the blood, alcohol is almost always detected as well. For some individuals, marijuana may lay a role in bad driving. The overall rate of highway accidents appears not to be significantly affected by marijuana's widespread use in society.

Myth #18
Marijuana-related hospital emergencies are increasing, particularly among youth. This is evidence that marijuana is much more harmful than most people previously believed.

Fact:
Marijuana does not cause overdose deaths. The number of people in hospital emergency room who say hey have used marijuana has increased. On his basis, the visit may e recorded as marijuana-related even if marijuana had nothing to do with the medical condition precipitating the hospital visit. Many more teenagers use marijuana than use drugs such as heroin and cocaine. As a result, when teenagers visit hospital emergency rooms, they report marijuana much more frequently than they report heroin or cocaine. In the large majority of cases when marijuana is mentioned, other drugs are mentioned as well. In 1994, fewer than 2 percent of drug-related emergency room visits involved the use of marijuana alone.

Myth #19
Marijuana is more potent today than in the past. Adults who used marijuana in the 1960's and 1970's fail to realize that when today's youth use marijuana they are using a much more dangerous drug.

Fact:
When today's youth use marijuana, they are using the same drug used by youth in the 1960's and 1970's. A small number of low-THC samples seized by the Drug Enforcement Administration in the early 1970's are used to calculate a dramatic increase in potency. However, these samples were not representative of the marijuana generally available to users during this era. Potency data form the early 1980's to the present are more reliable, an they show no increase in the average THC content of marijuana. Even if marijuana potency were to increase, it would not necessarily make the drug more dangerous. Marijuana that varies quiet substantially in potency produces similar psychoactive effects.

Myth #20
Marijuana use can be prevented. Drug education and prevention programs reduced marijuana use during the 1980's. Since then, our commitment has slackened, and marijuana use has been rising. By expanding and intensifying current anti-marijuana messages, we can stop youthful experimentation.

Fact:
There is no evidence that anti-drug messages diminish young people's interest in drugs. Anti-drug campaigns in the schools and the media may even make drugs more attractive. Marijuana use among youth declined throughout the 1980s, and began increasing in the 1990s. This increase occurred despite young people's exposure to the most massive anti-marijuana campaign in American history. In a number of other countries, drug education programs are based on a "harm reduction" model, which seeks to reduce drug-related harm among those young people who do experiment with drugs.

Great job guys! I just joined the 420 site. My Son has PTSD from doing a tour in Iraq. Currently the VA Docs have him Morphine, Prozac, and Oxycontin and Valium. This has been over 10 years now. He is pretty much in a stupor, just sits around and plays vid games. He is pushing his family away (Wife and 4 children & concerned Parents). The Wife and I visited 4 months ago when seeing his daughter graduate from HS. Most importantly we made the trip to give him some Hemp Oil for his PTSD in hopes to wean him off those meds. Immediately the slurring and 10,000 yard stare went away (btw this was Harlequin and Blue Dream Sativa, best for depression) and that disappeared also. Didn't take long though that he started ingesting it to become Euphoric. While the concentrate made him much more functional he is flat out addicted to the hard core man made drugs. However, the oil has helped immensely on the side effects of said drugs. His bible is what the VA has taught him...Understand his condition, do not confront him or really even ask him about his PTSD, just love him and let him rot away in a nutshell. Only the VA understands his condition and its the best place for his PTSD. I'm confused...because when the Vets came back from the 1st Iraq war, they didn't want to give PTSD troops help...pretty much like the Nam war. The concentrate would take care of his depression and with the Harlequin strain chocked full of CBD's would eliminate his back pain (he sits so much from his med stupor he doesn't exercise). His suicidal tendencies started when his prozack was prescribed and is a major side effect. Even trying to get him to taper back a tad won't work even though he has his meds on hand...he is a full blown addict. Total frustration. I want to stop the oil supply so at least he can see what a difference it makes without it and see what how powerful it is...but, he shuts me down like everyone else in his family. No friends...just watching him die in front of me and in front of his family.
Apologies for the topic change.

Just my opinion of course

Back
Top Bottom