My Wife Has PTSD & Breast Cancer

blueyedmule

And I also have combat-related PTSD, but have to be careful about mmj since I have a CDL to pay the bills. Stupid government. . . .grrrrr.

Mama just lost her mum to intestinal cancer. She came home from that and the wheels just fell off. Her head shakes like she's Katherine Hepburn scolding Rooster Cogburn. Her hands tremble, she has decreased ability to speak, when she lies down her body gets spastic. She has decreased level of consciousness, even. At times her NY Purple Diesel seems to help; at others, not so much. She is terrified to try other strains. I gave her some Thai Purple Haze and she had a bad attack that she says was made worse by the Haze. I've seen her just as bad without, but I'm not inside her head so I can't say for sure. I have other strains I'd like to try on her; three quart jars of White Widow bud, for starters, if it works we're good for a while.

But until we get a handle on her PTSD we can't get back to her breast cancer treatment with RSO. It truly is a fearful time in our house. Money is getting short, our six year-old needs his mom, I work 70 hours a week and am gone every night.

She is going to see her first counsellor today. Hopefully it will be of some help. We have a bottle of Xanax in reserve for emergencies, to get her down off the ledge but we don't want to use that stuff at all if we can avoid it.

So far, so good. Her counselor taught her the AWARE acronym and we are putting it to work. Since getting a handle on her symptoms, which she thought were marijuana-induced, she has been able to smoke a little and get better sleep without triggering an attack. New York Purple Diesel has become her best friend again.

Back
Top Bottom